• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

hermit7

Just got an email notifying me I was chosen in the lotto for Stout avengers print.

What is the preferred print, regular or variant?

hermit7

Decided on the regular Stout edition, the variant was still around but for me wasn't worth it.

It looks good though and will be much first Stout print. Excited to see it in person.

IronRinn

No second round email for me and no third round, it looks like. I stay losing at Stout lottos. 0 for I can't even count at this point.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
Image snips for each of the Bloodborne prints:

Did they just grab some concept art that's going to be in the inevitable Bloodborne artbook? Because while they're nice, they're not necessarily anything I would put on my wall outside of maybe the "Entering Yarnham" piece.

Edit: I knew I saw the windmill piece somewhere before. Though it's out of stock, Sony had an 18x24 version for sale on their store some time ago. And this one, too.

Awesome. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I'm excited to see what we're getting. Thanks.

12106200_924631044282654_1271047600_n.jpg

tumblr_nw60fmQtan1spcw2co1_500.jpg

It's coming.

Did they just grab some concept art that's going to be in the inevitable Bloodborne artbook? Because while they're nice, they're not necessarily anything I would put on my wall outside of maybe the "Entering Yarnham" piece.

Edit: I knew I saw the windmill piece somewhere before. Though it's out of stock, Sony had an 18x24 version for sale on their store some time ago. And this one, too.

They reprint existing art assets in super high quality. The cheap lithos you can get from the thinkgeek/gamestop branded stores don't compare, even though the art is the same.

Mondo Back to the Future trilogy OSTs are up tomorrow. I must have missed it in the original announcement, but the email cleared it up: DKNG artwork for the box set and Matt Taylor artwork for the albums sold individually at $35 apiece.

Im pretty conflicted about these. I think I like the Matt Taylor cover versions best. But the inner artwork of the DKNG versions ie the DeLorean's are better...what to do, what to do.

The product description states that the DKNG is limited to 2000. I wonder are the Matt Taylor versions limited too or a timed preorder release?

IronRinn

Im pretty conflicted about these. I think I like the Matt Taylor cover versions best. But the inner artwork of the DKNG versions ie the DeLorean's are better...what to do, what to do.

The product description states that the DKNG is limited to 2000. I wonder are the Matt Taylor versions limited too or a timed preorder release?

Edit: If they are they are keeping it a secret. No mention anywhere of pressing numbers. Never mind. Via Twitter:

MondoNews said:
Matt Taylor versions are open.

LaneDS

They reprint existing art assets in super high quality. The cheap lithos you can get from the thinkgeek/gamestop branded stores don't compare, even though the art is the same.

To piggyback on your answer, they also sometimes get original pieces, like the Killian Eng Phantasy Star from a few months back.

Hmm... kinda disappointed that the BTTF vinyl set has different artwork than the individual releases. I like the individual artwork better, but I'll probably get the set since it's limited (aka I'm a sucker).

IronRinn

This Thursday, October 22nd at 9:30 AM PST on Dark Hall Mansion: The Return of the Peanuts license:

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Tim Doyle & Ridge Room 18" x 24" screen print. Standard edition of 280, $65

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Tim Doyle & Ridge Room 18" x 24" screen print with metallic inks. Variant edition of 50, $100

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Tim Doyle & Ridge Room 18" x 24" screen print with metallic inks. Glow in the dark edition of 25, $125

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" by Florey 18" x 24" giclee. Standard edition of 280, $65

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" by Florey 18" x 24" giclee. Variant edition of 50, $100

Hey, look at that, no foil. The Florey is killer (even if Chuck is just a liiiiiiiiittle off), but I already have too many prints for this.

To piggyback on your answer, they also sometimes get original pieces, like the Killian Eng Phantasy Star from a few months back.

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about those classic Sega game pieces. I'd advise anyone buying from C&B to spring for the liquid gloss finish. Price comparison with a decent frame job comes pretty close, and they look amazing.

Florey looks awesome but why giclee? Wouldn't hang a Doyle if you paid me. I just can't support that guy.

LaneDS

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about those classic Sega game pieces. I'd advise anyone buying from C&B to spring for the liquid gloss finish. Price comparison with a decent frame job comes pretty close, and they look amazing.

Florey looks awesome but why giclee? Wouldn't hang a Doyle if you paid me. I just can't support that guy.

Not sure if that's your shot or not, but man I want one of those Art of War Berserker Armor statues one day.

IronRinn

Maybe more cost efficient? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to screen print, but I don't know much about the actual process of producing these prints.

As for Doyle, yeah, I think he did a good job on this one but I'm not a fan of him as a person and how he treats the community. (Even if the community can be super shitty itself, at times.)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
What's the difference between the reg and variant for the Delort? Maybe I'm blind.

Also, I don't think they had the variant at the con, unless it was hidden.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What's the difference between the reg and variant for the Delort? Maybe I'm blind.

Also, I don't think they had the variant at the con, unless it was hidden.

Yeah, I don't recall seeing it. Also, the print in-person is super disappointing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ah, okay. Different printing process. I just kept staring at both thumbs like a idiot.

Would be interesting to see up close.

LaneDS

yep, that's the other side of my Horkey shrine/library room

Awesome, officially jealous! Got any close-ups on the two berserkers?

Have the Figma, and while that's neat it doesn't compare to those Art of War statues (have a Lost Children Guts from years back, but it sits in a box somewhere).

Edit: POSTERS AND/OR PINS SOMETIMES SWEATERS

As for Doyle, yeah, I think he did a good job on this one but I'm not a fan of him as a person and how he treats the community. (even if the community can be super shitty itself, at times.)

TRUE DAT. Speaking of which...

And I now regret googling Tim Doyle Clerks - as I know I'll likely never own it :-(

Don't worry, he'll reprint it if he thinks he can make a buck. Maybe when Clerks 3 comes out.

Top Bottom