• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Available this Friday, Oct. 16th at 12pm PST on Clyclops Print Works: "You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me" by Mark Englert.

1473905880161904276.jpg

12" x 36" 11-color screen print, edition of 275, $62.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, Oct. 15th on Mondo: Continued use of the Universal Monsters license.

Frankenstein by Jonathan Burton. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Frankenstein (Variant) by Jonathan Burton. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Mad Monster Party by Mark Chiarello. 15"x30" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

IronRinn

Am I the only one who thinks this looks absolutely amazing?
Nope. Completely with you.
Englert did a really good job for sure, though I can't decide how I feel about him having done the same hidden profile trick that he did on his Beauty and The Beast print. Probably more obvious if you have both. Also, even in the jpg you can tell he went heavy on the grain/dissolve (mostly by dint of all that smoke), which is another love it or hate thing. Personally, I wish he would lay off a bit. His work is really nice, I just wish it was cleaner looking in person sometimes.

ruxtpin

Banned
Still boring are horror fans really looking for more of these.

I'm trying to go after a set of classic movie monsters, but instead of collecting works from one specific artist I'm going for a mix. As I'm new to the whole poster collecting thing, the only ones I have right now are Creature from the Black Lagoon (the b/w variant by Stan & Vince/Mondo) and the The Invisible Man (recent red variant done by Mondo). I found both of those really appealing because they're great up-close illustrations of the monsters.

The recent Mondo Dracula and the Frankenstein coming out today don't do much for me. I want a really close, detailed shot of the monsters face.

b3b0p

The only monster / Halloween print I want to see and would have to have is a Dracula and Simon Belmont. That would be epic. Glorious.

IronRinn

I'm trying to go after a set of classic movie monsters, but instead of collecting works from one specific artist I'm going for a mix. As I'm new to the whole poster collecting thing, the only ones I have right now are Creature from the Black Lagoon (the b/w variant by Stan & Vince/Mondo) and the The Invisible Man (recent red variant done by Mondo). I found both of those really appealing because they're great up-close illustrations of the monsters.

The recent Mondo Dracula and the Frankenstein coming out today don't do much for me. I want a really close, detailed shot of the monsters face.

You could probably pick up Ansin's pretty cheap:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Dat Ansin type.

I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to the Universal Monsters, but that Delort Creature from the Black Lagoon is fantastic. I'd consider getting it if I didn't need to get a set.

IronRinn

I have the Ansin Bride and Vania/Horkey Dracula. Flirted on and off with picking up a Taylor Creature but the Delort is great, as is his Dracula. Still haven't seen a Frankenstein I really like. Had Ansin's Mummy, but sold it. I don't have a huge affinity for the UM stuff BUT, that said, it does inspire some fantastic imagery from artists I like.

IronRinn

Gallery1988 has opened Tree and the Rock which, like Mitch Putnam's site Pwints, features art print that appeals to kids (or, at least, adults wanting to decorate their children's living space). They will also debut a gallery showing tonight (10/15).

IronRinn

Bottleneck is offering a print based on the Friday the 13th films, by Florey.

Print is 5" x 5" and will cost $75. It also comes with 9 enamel pins, measuring 1.25" each. You'll probably just toss them out though, unless you're some sort of degenerate. They go on sale at 12 PM ET today, Friday, Oct. 16th and will be up for 24 hours.

IronRinn

Ok, here is the final lineup for Cyclops Print Works' drop today, Friday, Oct. 16th at 12 PM PST:

You Ain't Never Had A Friend Like Me by Mark Englert

12" x 36" 11 color, screen print on Pike Black 330 gsm paper, printed by Eclipse Workshop. Numbered edition of 275, $62.

Tomorrowland by Joe Dunn

20" x 30" 10 color, screen print on Stardream Cover Crystal 285 gsm, printed by Eclipse Workshop. Signed and numbered edition of 164, $55.

She Really Is A Funny Girl by Mark Englert

12" x 36" 10 color, screen print on Coventry Rag Vellum 320 gsm, printed by Eclipse Workshop. Numbered edition of 275 (these are remainders from D23 so less available), $62.

Print is 5" x 5" and will cost $75. It also comes with 9 enamel pins, measuring 1.25" each. You'll probably just toss them out though, unless you're some sort of degenerate. They go on sale at 12 PM ET today, Friday, Oct. 16th and will be up for 24 hours.

I see right through your anti-pin agenda. Here is the subject line of the email:

Florey's "Evolution Of The Mask" 9 Pin Set and Free Print On Sale Today!

Pins rule!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just noticed the tree on the Beauty of the Beast print. Nice.

Also, let's face it with that Jason print. It'd look better if you framed the pins rather than the print.

I've messaged the mods. Your ban is imminent and will be, no doubt, permanent. Such perversions will not be tolerated in this thread!

You may be able to silence me, but you can't stop the onslaught of pin releases from Bottleneck. Keep burying your head in the sand, the pin future is already upon us.

Zombine

Banned
You know what was kind of strange? Back when those Creepshow prints dropped on Mondo I managed to snag one of them. Looked at my paypal and saw that no cash was withdrawn and I never got confirmation of my purchase. Lol ugh. Forever failing.

Top Bottom