• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

More Star Wars! Gallery1988 announced their Star Wars exhibit earlier today. It'll take place 11/14 and 11/15 with prints going up for auction on ebay, sales benefiting UNICEF Kid Power. They showed three of the pieces for the exhibit, two prints and some weird Darth Vader hermit crab.

Original pieces will be up for auction on eBay from 11/13-11/23, while prints of select originals will be available for purchase on eBay from 11/13-12/12. Sales benefit UNICEF Kid Power, an innovative new program that uses the world's first Wearable-For-Good to get youth physically active to provide lifesaving, nutrition-rich food packets to kids in need around the world in the name of Star Wars: Force for Change.

Matt Taylor:
Matt_Taylor_1024x1024.jpg

Scott C:

More info + list of artists: http://nineteeneightyeight.com/pages/art-awakens-press-release

I think that's a good idea actually. There's obviously a demand for it based on the designs used (sometimes without artist permission...) on sites like teespring as we unfortunately saw last week. A legit way for people to get these shirts with cool artist designs can only be good.

I love, love, love the Drake pin, but don't really think I'd know what to do with it.

I don't really know what I'm doing with any of my pins. They just sorta sit there and look cool on my bookshelf.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I wear my pins on my beanie or, with the classier ones, on my lapel when I go out and wear a button-down.

Also, if I didn't think that Scott C was gone already, I'd probably head out to Harlem.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Still available, Scott hasn't said otherwise. If he hasn't posted by Noon, I'm going to kick myself for not going up there.

Fuck, 'gorn. I'm sitting here thinking I should hustle my ass onto that C train, but it'll be like a half hour ride.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
It's been found.

Might've been able to get up there... might not.

Ugh, I should just ask him for a commission next time I see him.

Filthy Slug

A'ite, so I can just relax now. Hopefully there's another one in NYC.

Meier

I wear my pins on my beanie or, with the classier ones, on my lapel when I go out and wear a button-down.

When I was in college, I used to have quite a few anime ones that I'd use on my bag. Had a few fall off which didn't matter too much when they were like $3-4 (fondly remember my little Yukino from Kare Kano).. $11 would kind of a bitter pill to swallow!

Can't really see myself wearing one.

fallengorn

On sale tomorrow at a random time at Mondo:

Batman: The Animated Series - Vendetta by Phantom City Creative.
18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Batman: The Animated Series - Almost Got 'Im by Phantom City Creative.
18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Batman: The Animated Series - Almost Got 'Im (Variant) by Phantom City Creative.
18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Filthy Slug

That Almost Got 'Im is so dang good. This series of prints is criminally underrated.

Kyou

I got one of those Totoros in my cart before it sold out, hopefully it stays there until my girlfriend gets home and can kick in her two cents on it.

IronRinn

Boom:

1504398267726669348.jpg

Regular 36" x 24" 7 color screen print. Timed edition, open until 11:59 ET on 11/8, $50.00

1504398267783325220.jpg

Variant 36" x 24" 6 color screen print. Edition of 225, $65.00

IronRinn

I got one of those Totoros in my cart before it sold out, hopefully it stays there until my girlfriend gets home and can kick in her two cents on it.

If it's sold out, it is sold out despite it being in your cart. Shopify only holds it for 5 minutes or so.

Kyou

If it's sold out, it is sold out despite it being in your cart. Shopify only holds it for 5 minutes or so.

Whoop, you're right. Bummer, girlfriend is do not disturb at work today and I didn't want to purchase that without the okay. Oh well, that's life.

Filthy Slug

That Star Wars is the best I've seen in years. Holy fuckballs.

IronRinn

In regards to lightsaber tips:

Mighty Joe Bottleneck said:
very good question He actually tried both and he prefered the sabers to be like that. He didnt like that it was just a portion of the tip.

That sounds quite dirty actually

Were you the guy looking for a gift for his gal? I was going to say he should get on this one.

That T-70 X-Wing poster is hype - I know a guy who might want it.
Would be a cool Christmas gift.

Holy mother.

I need it.

I don't often go for massive collages of characters together, but it's just so good.

Kyou

A friend and I were literally in the middle of talking about how bummed he was that he missed Mulholland Drive, so I got to make his day

Filthy Slug

Genuinely don't think you can't go wrong with either. The reg has that really dope green color used throughout, and the variant has a very nice muted but classy look to it all.

omgkitty

That's how variants work.

If you don't get it, you can always get the standard.
Luckily both aren't limited runs this time.

I know how they work, but it's wrong. The regular should be the best one with the variant doing something wildly different or adding more screens into the mix. This bullshit of companies changing a colorway and charging more money for the variant when it costs the same as the reg to print is ridiculous.

So I'm getting back into Twitter after a couple years off and did a deep clean of who I'm following. Who are some cool artists to follow?

fallengorn

Looking at the Gabz, only thing that bugs me are the ships near the medical frigate. One of the looks like the Galactica, the other two look like DP20 Corvettes... which weren't in the movies. :|

Top Bottom