• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Meier

Never actually bought anything from Posters and Toys. Was going to try and make an account real quick but it's locked behind a password at the moment.

Meier

Dang. Would have liked to finally get the Beauty and the Beast since it sold out at the Disney show. Ghost in the Shell is priced out of my range.

That No Country is fantastic but I'd never put it up so I'll pass.

rikichi

Oh man. That Ghost in the Shell is to pricy for me. Bummer.

seriously, why is it so expensive? i was assuming that it would be around its original price point.

its still up and i'm still debating whether to purchase it...

Edit: not anymore. sold out. :(

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I went all the way through for Tennenbaums right away but decided against it at the last second.

Pretty happy I did 'cause I just grabbed an Ansin Taxi Driver, and that's way up there on the list of prints I want!

E: I definitely did not have enough money for today. December is gonna be tough.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Was hoping to get a Batman '66 reg but that wasn't available. I impulsively picking up Ansin's Planet of the Apes. Wood variant.

seriously, why is it so expensive? i was assuming that it would be around its original price point.

These are APs and Mitch usually prices them accordingly. Think of it as an unofficial, official secondary market.

ohkay

P&T sales for artist proofs are normally around market price because this is part of how they get paid

IronRinn

I'm a complete noob to this stuff. Are these more sought after? Should I have tried harder to get these runs here?

They're what the artists get to sell themselves. Sometimes they're worth a bit more if they are signed whereas the original release wasn't but usually there's not much of a difference in value.

hobart

They're what the artists get to sell themselves. Sometimes they're worth a bit more if they are signed whereas the original release wasn't but usually there's not much of a difference in value.

Understood and thanks for the info. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
i love how these big P&T drops kill EB as everyone is scrambling to check the sales records before they buy.

Yeah, I was definitely checking those for Dangers drops to see if I could get the ones I wanted for below his price.

Browny

Banned
Fringe Focus are back with another desk - this time, Dr Venkman:

For the 6th poster of his ‘Famous Desks’ series, Rob Loukotka’s latest print titled, “The Desk of Dr. Venkman” is now available. It is a 36″ x 12″ 2-color Screenprint available in Regular (325) and GID (175) variant editions.

DeskofDrVenkman_Poster_FringeFocus-940x313.png

$45 standard , $65 glow-in-the-dark, add $105 for framing - available here.

IronRinn

Available this Thursday, December 3rd at 4pm GMT from Black Dragon Press: "Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp" by Nicolas Delort:

24" x 36", 3 color screen print on ultra black paper. Numbered Regular edition of 120, £50

24" x 36", 3 color screen print on 280gsm Majestic Anthracite paper. Numbered Pearlescent Variant edition of 50, £70

24" x 36" screen print, metallic gold on Plike deluxe paper. Numbered Gold Variant edition of 30, £80

IronRinn

Usually miss posting these, but here's one (short notice, I know):

Today, Tuesday, December 1st at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "Dead and Co." and "Phil Lesh and Friends" by AJ Masthay.

17" x 26" linoleum block print. Signed and numbered editions ranging from 1 to 40, $40-$150

17.5" x 27.5" linoleum block print. Signed and numbered editions ranging from 1 to 40, $40-$150

Only linking the post and two images because there are a bunch and I can't post every image without uploading all of them to imgur. There are a few different variants of each print, so give the link a click if you are interested.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
With a 32 x 24 frame:

http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/

Can make a custom cut for you. Otherwise you'll have to find a shop or make your own frame because it's not a standard size.

Make sure you have some acid free backing like foam core to rest it on, and then UV resistant protection on the frame panel that it rests inside.

Cheers but I was thinking what colours/style!

Looking at posters in frames is prob one of my favourite things about this hobby, it really transforms the piece and there's always so many ways to do it.

Luderico

Yeah sure. Delort is doing all this myth stuff that i dont care about. And then. Boom. Inception. Ah so cool. A fuck its a private commission. You cant have it.

Anyway. One of his best pieces. Like ever.

IronRinn

Yeah sure. Delort is doing all this myth stuff that i dont care about. And then. Boom. Inception. Ah so cool. A fuck its a private commission. You cant have it.

Anyway. One of his best pieces. Like ever.

Oh, now, we all know that's not true. And if not this one, there are nine on EB. No commission is really private if you don't mind paying!

Not a huge fan of the film, but he did a great job on that print.

Edit: For those who don't want to click over to EB:

omgkitty

Oh hey, I dropped out of that commission! Surprised it's taken so long to come out....I saw something very close to this this well over a year ago.

ruxtpin

Banned
How does one go about starting a private commission or finding out if there are other ones out there to get involved in? What kind of costs are involved? Is there an upfront amount the artist has to be given and then the printing company?

I gotta get in on one of these commissions sometime. All the ones I've seen posted here look amazing.

Are these things usually organized on EB forums? I should probably start posting there.

IronRinn

How does one go about starting a private commission or finding out if there are other ones out there to get involved in? What kind of costs are involved? Is there an upfront amount the artist has to be given and then the printing company?

I gotta get in on one of these commissions sometime. All the ones I've seen posted here look amazing.

Are these things usually organized on EB forums? I should probably start posting there.

There have been more than a few organized through EB, some of which have been posted here. If that's something you guys are interested in, I'm sure more could be linked here as well. Either way, if you are going to be getting into this hobby it's worth it to sign up at EB.

Mostly, though (and someone with more experience like ()_listerfeend_() can chime in here) these are organized on Facebook and some of the really big ones like Tomer Hanuka's Kubrick series are put together by some pretty small, exclusive groups (at least, that's how I understand it.) As for cost, no surprise it varies. I'm in on the JS Rossbach Kubrick series that was linked a while ago and the first print is going to be about $70 plus shipping. I've already made one payment of $35 so that Rossbach could get started. The Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy commission I got in on was about $87.00 (should check in on that one, now that I think of it).

There have been more than a few organized through EB, some of which have been posted here. If that's something you guys are interested in, I'm sure more could be linked here as well. Either way, if you are going to be getting into this hobby it's worth it to sign up at EB.

Mostly, though (and someone with more experience like ()_listerfeend_() can chime in here) these are organized on Facebook and some of the really big ones like Tomer Hanuka's Kubrick series are put together by some pretty small, exclusive groups (at least, that's how I understand it.) As for cost, no surprise it varies. I'm in on the JS Rossbach Kubrick series that was linked a while ago and the first print is going to be about $70 plus shipping. I've already made one payment of $35 so that Rossbach could get started. The Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy commission I got in on was about $87.00 (should check in on that one, now that I think of it).

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm already registered at EB, I just don't participate now.

Zabojnik

That feeling when good guy Daniel Danger writes 15 USD value on the CN22/23 form and your country's customs office still wannaseethereceipts.gif.

Top Bottom