• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Hey everyone,
what's the current experience like trying to by a cyclops print? If I were interested in the new mulan print should I expect it to be one of those <30 second availability situations?

I've gone for a couple of prints from them and it hasn't been too bad, especially now that they've switched over to Shopify (same as Mondo, Bottleneck, most sites it seems like now). I would make sure you have an account created and all your billing/shipping info saved and you should be all right. Don't forget, prints aren't actually sold out until they say Sold Out on the product page. If you get an Inventory message just back out and try to check out again until you get through.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey everyone,
what's the current experience like trying to by a cyclops print? If I were interested in the new mulan print should I expect it to be one of those <30 second availability situations?

Yeah, like Rinn said, just make an account beforehand and be there around drop-time. I don't think this'll be immediately sold out, but it's probably best to be safe and just be on it if you really want it.

Looks like Daniel Danger will have more stuff to put up in his shop in the near future. Real "baller" stuff.

Apparently the near future is now. 2 ghost ships already sold, "we were fortunate" up now. Way too baller of a price for me.

Speaking of DD, the Fenway set I got during his last sale came in today. Looks so good in person. I'm really glad I ended up pulling the trigger on that.

I need to reevaluate how I keep on top of these things, because I'm always seeing this kind of thing in the thread first.

He's been announcing these sales on Twitter.

His first print, "and i need sunny days" went up for $1000. Gone in a second. He should put something up for us jv ballers.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, is it weird that the prints of his I want aren't the $1000 super sought after ones?

I mean, aside from the Wonder Wheel set, I guess?
E: I fucked up and bought something.

Thought about getting lock and key, but he just said he's gonna put up "cheaper and fun stuff" after he's back on the 14th so I'll just wait for that. My wallet could use a break anyway.

Curious what you guys picked up though.

Filthy Slug

Thought about getting lock and key, but he just said he's gonna put up "cheaper and fun stuff" after he's back on the 14th so I'll just wait for that. My wallet could use a break anyway.

Curious what you guys picked up though.

I got Let's be Kings with crowns of leaves. To be honest, I really wanted it before the sale, but I had no clue about how small it is. Now I'm just hoping it looks great in person.

I got Let's be Kings with crowns of leaves. To be honest, I really wanted it before the sale, but I had no clue about how small it is. Now I'm just hoping it looks great in person.

Nice dude! That one looks amazing, I'm sure it'll look great in person.

What's the size on that one? It doesn't say on the shop.

From Danger's Twitter:

its one of those weird size ones. maybe like 20x30?

Filthy Slug

Ghost ship. I've been considering putting up an ISO for it and figured I'd rather give DD the money. After he put it up the other day I told myself I'd go for it if he put up another

Woah, dude, congrats! I think you won today and I hope Danger sends you something cool and extra or maybe just a hug for that.

Same.

Edit: Though I really like "where ashes take the form of houses"
Rinn, just do it. Join us in broke-ass-cup-noodle-for-breakfast-lunch-dinner-GAF.

If lock and key isn't sold out by the time I get home from the bars I know I'm going to buy it. I know how drunk me operates.

Ghost ship. I've been considering putting up an ISO for it and figured I'd rather give DD the money. After he put it up the other day I told myself I'd go for it if he put up another

Daaaaamn! Nice pickup!

ruxtpin

Banned
Made my firsr EB purchase. Another member sold me hos Jock Apocalypse Now. Hoping I can eventually snag his Shaun of the Dead poster.

Also tried for an Ansin Frankenstein, but the poster had a small crease on it so I backed out.

IronRinn

Gallery 1988 has Kevin Dart's "Science and Nature" up online. Some pretty cool stuff.

shuttleChallenger_5e300607-fc59-45b2-9594-6b115a9757e9_1024x1024.jpg

Filthy Slug

I know it's necessary, but the Marvel corner logos on most of these really cheapen the images.

IronRinn

Thursday, December 10th at 3pm GMT on Black Dragon Press: Death on the Nile by Johnny Dombrowski.

24" x 36", 7-colour hand-pulled screen print on 270gsm Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite, printed by White Duck Screenprint. Hand numbered edition of 110, £45

omgkitty

Thursday, December 10th at 3pm GMT on Black Dragon Press: Death on the Nile by Johnny Dombrowski.

24" x 36", 7-colour hand-pulled screen print on 270gsm Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite, printed by White Duck Screenprint. Hand numbered edition of 110, £45

This is really good but I wish it was 18 x 24 instead. Same with their Murder on the Orient Express print, especially knowing now that they're going to do several of these.

IronRinn

This is really good but I wish it was 18 x 24 instead. Same with their Murder on the Orient Express print, especially knowing now that they're going to do several of these.

I don't disagree. I kinda feel bad because these guys (Black Dragon, Mondo, whoever) really can't seem to win. For a while it seemed like everything was 18" x 24" and people wanted bigger prints, now it seems like everything is 24" x 36" and people are up in arms that there aren't smaller prints.

Filthy Slug

PCC does great work with comic properties. Really underrated, and I think they're one of the best in the Marvel show shown so far.

overcast

Fuck, I can't believe I missed the Kevin Dart Space Shuttle series. My friend is graduating college and I am hoping to grab him one as a gift.

Can somebody link me to a resale for Atlantis, Endeavour, or Challenger? I would appreciate it so much.

Edit: Otherwise that Launch Complex one is nice too but idk.

Jhriad

Chris Skinner's print for the Marvel show at Mondo:

A Spider-Man print is the number one thing I'd like for my walls but I'm sure, like everything else, it'll sell out before I know that it has even gone on sale. Really loved the one that someone posted a long while ago of Spider-Man fighting Doc Ock and of course the Olly Moss one from a while back.

oh damn I forgot about the show on friday. Im gonna have to drop by the gallery on saturday. that spider-gwen piece is nice. the spider-man one has an impressive amount of what I assume is sketch up in it but the figure looks pretty stiff and Spidey's right pec is stretched out oddly

it kinda drives me nuts cause it misses a lot of the point and elegance of Moss's set.

(disclaimer: Moss's set is on my wall)

Yeah I really wish they were just... better.

The "eyes" are too close together, the Barf outline doesn't quite work for me, and why, oh god why, do they all say 'The Schwartz Awakens' instead of 'Space Balls' 'Space Balls: The Search for More Money' & 'Space Balls: The Schwartz Awakens'.

Ugh. It's close, but I'm not going to buy them.

Kyou

Yeah I really wish they were just... better.

The "eyes" are too close together, the Barf outline doesn't quite work for me, and why, oh god why, do they all say 'The Schwartz Awakens' instead of 'Space Balls' 'Space Balls: The Search for More Money' & 'Space Balls: The Schwartz Awakens'.

Ugh. It's close, but I'm not going to buy them.
also the last one says "So... The Schwartz Awakens" when the others just say "The Schwartz Awakens"

Top Bottom