• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Browny

Banned
That feeling when good guy Daniel Danger writes 15 USD value on the CN22/23 form and your country's customs office still wannaseethereceipts.gif.
...fingers crossed for you. My orders seemed to all be worth $10, which is nice (for the moment anyway).

Zabojnik

...fingers crossed for you. My orders seemed to all be worth $10, which is nice (for the moment anyway).

The first print from DD was also marked 15$ and it went through customs with no questions asked. I guess somebody got a bit suspicious.

It's alright though. I already sent them the right receipt.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That Thing print would benefit so much from a billing block or title.

LaneDS

Struzan is having a sale on stuff: http://www.drewstruzan.com/illustrated/portfolio/?type=pri

You can get The Thing reg for the low, low price of $850!

I can actually remember getting a cheap poster of the Struzan Empire Strikes Back Special Edition as a young person, and thinking back on how much I liked that poster (and honestly still do) it doesn't surprise me what one of my current hobbies is today.

Not pay $1500 for the whole SE triptych like it, but STILL.

hobart

I guess you just need to keep your ear to the ground with the private commissions. I'd be happy to lay out some cash for a project that meant something to me. I'm sure a number of us would... as long as the information got to us.

IronRinn

Available Thursday, December 3rd at 1pm ET on Grey Matter: RoboCop by Matt Ferguson:

Robocop-by-Matt-Ferguson-Regular-Edition.jpg

24" x 36" screenprint, regular edition of 125, $45.00

Robocop-my-Matt-Ferguson-Foil-Edition.jpg

24" x 36" screenprint, variant edition of 75, $70.00

I love the idea of the private commission stuff. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about stuff that there might be a chance for some of us to get in on.

Do we have anyone here holding onto some info for secret GAF-friendly drops/commissions coming up before the end of the year? Should I be holding onto some cash?

ruxtpin

Banned
I've got an EB account but not enough activity to even get a seen post on the private commish thread (still gave it a shot though, see if my post is accepted).

ohkay

I've got an EB account but not enough activity to even get a seen post on the private commish thread (still gave it a shot though, see if my post is accepted).
Only takes one or two posts for the admins to take away the noob status and your posts won't need to be approved to show

omgkitty

Sometimes!

As much as I love Menomena/Ramona Falls/The National I do not care for El Vy, but it's cool that they got Stout to do a piece for them all the same.

Totally didn't realize that was Stout who did that. It's funny because that's a better Blade Runner print than his first one :\

I also don't care for El Vy, and yet The National is one of my favorite bands. Just kinda sounds like The National with too much pop and Berninger's lyrics are more nonsensical than normal. I do like the title track though.

Luderico

The first print from DD was also marked 15$ and it went through customs with no questions asked. I guess somebody got a bit suspicious.

It's alright though. I already sent them the right receipt.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Have this problem with like every order. Iam a regular at customs. The last prints got more expensive to 15$. But what sucks the most are a) the opening hours at customs b) the time till you get the customs notification.

Trasher

tumblr_lrqjx8SYzz1qc382yo3_250.gif

FYI Trasher I'm pretty sure when kitty left that's when you got added to the group.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIwWQ92onbE

Haha! Captain Blood tipped me off on getting in on that one. Can't believe it's finally done. Super excited to see the variant in person since I've never gotten a variant version of Nico's stuff before.

Edit: I was so wrong! My memory has failed me. It was listerfeend who got me in that commission! #neverforget

It arrived! A follow-up on the super-generous giveaway from earlier:

C9GgtUGh.jpg

Gorgeous, and I have absolutely no idea what's supposed to be misprinted on it! Sadly, it did get preeeetty hammered on the way down to Australia: hopefully the issues will flatten/frame out. It's always a strong risk you run here.

Ca4NGkrl.jpg
gqyT1L2l.jpg
oyjK96el.jpg

Shame, but I'm still thrilled with it. It's even the cooler variant colour!

Thanks again!

Sigma722

That looks pretty nice. I find it strange that they are printing a batch of the regs before they ship out the variants. Seems like you would get the "easy set" out first. Excited to get mine nonetheless.

LaneDS

That's one of those prints I'd impulse buy if it was about $100 cheaper.

Geddes makes some really amazing stuff though, so maybe one day I'll splurge.

Something about the perspective on that seems off to me

I'd say its because its clear you're looking up at Robocop slightly up and looking at the machine (forgot what its called) pretty straight. Given how much bigger it is, you should be seeing a lot of the underside. So basically, it looks like the two objects are not on the same plane of existence. I dont think the image is all that well composed tbh

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, Geddes prints are fucking amazing in-person. I had Ascent for a while, and man, that thing was beautiful.

I actually like this astronaut more than most of the others he's put out, so I'm hopping on this. Also, the price is kind of a steal for his work.

IronRinn

Available today, Thursday, December 3rd at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "The Dapper Wizard" by Zach Landrum.

0oCQKAx.jpg

11" x 14" screen print, signed and numbered edition of 75, $35

ohkay

I've spent waaayyy too much recently with the James Jean, the Mondo sale, and that damned DD, but that Geddes is tempting.

Filthy Slug

I've spent waaayyy too much recently with the James Jean, the Mondo sale, and that damned DD, but that Geddes is tempting.

You should do it, man. I mean, what else are you going to spend that money on?

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, Friday, December 4th on Mondo:

Caddyshack by Andrew Kolb. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Caddyshack (Variant) by Andrew Kolb. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 100. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

White Zombie by William Stout. 24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Hey everyone,
what's the current experience like trying to by a cyclops print? If I were interested in the new mulan print should I expect it to be one of those <30 second availability situations?

Top Bottom