• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Browny

Banned
Kinda glad I'm off on paternity at the moment - no money and no computer mean I can't be tempted.

Also I've just worked out that when I go back to work in the new year, I'm going back to 5 tubes containing 9 pieces...

ruxtpin

Banned
You're a mad man!

Which ones?

I snagged...

First Labour: Nemean lion (Scroll Version) - Tim Pittides (donno' if the missus will let me hang it, but what the hey - I ordered it anyway)

Sixth Labour: Stymphalian Birds - Chris Skinner

Tenth Labour: Cattle of Geryon - Karl Fitzgerald (looks like something out of God of War)

Ninth Labour: Belt of Hippolyta - Nikita Kaun

Hercules - Glyn Smyth (gotta' have the main)

I thought they were all the same size, but those are some gorgeous prints regardless.

IronRinn

JC Richard is having a holiday sale. A bunch of APs. Some fairly old.

jcrichard_NO%2BMANS%2BLAND__scrnprint_1000.jpg

I snagged...
Nice!

Pretty cool... Secret Panel is going to have a Mike Allred screenprint for sale next week.

1D117Vr.jpg

This WILL be mine, if I can make it happen. I'm a massive Allred fan and there isn't a lot of his stuff out there. Thanks for posting this!

Think it goes up at 2pm CST according to their facebook page.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
For anybody picking that up, I truly hope Allred submitted a more format-appropriate file than Cloonan did for Sex Crimz. One of the worst up-close prints I've seen in a while.

ruxtpin

Banned
For anybody picking that up, I truly hope Allred submitted a more format-appropriate file than Cloonan did for Sex Crimz. One of the worst up-close prints I've seen in a while.

On that note, are there any sites that show the process from beginning to end? Was wondering what the artist has to submit (and what size the work has to be, medium, etc) before the print company takes over... And does the print company create the different layers (or stencils or whatever they might be called for a print)?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Oof. That sucks.

In non-print, non-pin related news, if anyone was interested in those Jamie Hewlett prints that were posted awhile ago but balked at the price, you can order a exhibition book from his site: http://shop.jamiehewlett.com/

Just got my copy in yesterday. Pretty cool.

Oof. That sucks.

In non-print, non-pin related news, if anyone was interested in those Jamie Hewlett prints that were posted awhile ago but balked at the price, you can order a exhibition book from his site: http://shop.jamiehewlett.com/

Just got my copy in yesterday. Pretty cool.

Just ordered one. There's a slight discount on the prints too ($75), but still too much for me. It's a shame because they look great.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
On that note, are there any sites that show the process from beginning to end? Was wondering what the artist has to submit (and what size the work has to be, medium, etc) before the print company takes over... And does the print company create the different layers (or stencils or whatever they might be called for a print)?

A lot of printing studios have process videos on instagram or elsewhere detailing various stages of the process for all mediums. Sorry I don't have a list on-hand.

For screenprints, most multi-color prints have distinct layers that are separated with screens formed for each one, usually based on said colors. For some of your other questions, I don't want to misinform, so maybe Mockingbird or Deadbolt would could chime in.

Oof. That sucks.
Yeah, it's always a bummer when you see a really incredible jpeg, and then get a print with hazy, blurred lines and is just generally horrid looking up-close due to lack of quality control.

Wait. For Sex Crimes by Cloonan? What was wrong with it? I have a copy and didn't notice anything. But then again I didn't really look closely at the details and this was a while back.

Filthy Slug

Wait. For Sex Crimes by Cloonan? What was wrong with it? I have a copy and didn't notice anything. But then again I didn't really look closely at the details and this was a while back.

Most of the details are fuzzy, specifically the linework. There's a bit of a mismatch between colors and the outlines of objects, like the green on the money was off and looked shoddy. The only thing that actually looks good on there up-close is the text on the book pages.

Take a look if you can and see if it's just my copy or whatever. It really immediately jumped out as a super shoddy print when i got it, and I was bummed since Sex Criminals is one of my favorite comics currently.

E: Another print I got with similar issues was Jock's Black Mirror print with Dick Grayson Batman flying downwards. Print was brutal to look at.

Most of the details are fuzzy, specifically the linework. There's a bit of a mismatch between colors and the outlines of objects, like the green on the money was off and looked shoddy. The only thing that actually looks good on there up-close is the text on the book pages.

Take a look if you can and see if it's just my copy or whatever. It really immediately jumped out as a super shoddy print when i got it, and I was bummed since Sex Criminals is one of my favorite comics currently.

E: Another print I got with similar issues was Jock's Black Mirror print with Dick Grayson Batman flying downwards. Print was brutal to look at.

Yow, sounds like bad registration :(

Allred is up...nice piece at $45 limited to 170 pieces by the looks of things.

I went for it...stupid dirty fancy poster habit is gonna be the end of my bank balance.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Flip-flopping over the Allred. Don't think things usually sell out fast on Secret Panel so I guess I can sleep on it.

Anyway, was browsing EB and saw Jae Lee's Fury Road private commission and don't think it was posted here.

I said god damn.

FStop7

Banned
Man, I found a really nice Cheret for sale...

tall.jpg

I don't have the space right now, but I've always loved Cheret's color choices.

jae lees work is pretty nice. that's a good mad max piece. i wonder if he colored it himself. his work colored by isanove always looks great. the composition is great. furiosas titty looks pretty pointed

edit: the artifacts created by compression in that image is killing me

Man, I found a really nice Cheret for sale...

tall.jpg

I don't have the space right now, but I've always loved Cheret's color choices.
awesome where did you pick this out?

Snagged that Mondo Nightcrawler print for the wife this morning. Shame it is a giclee and not a screen print, but it still looks awesome.

Top Bottom