• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

()_listerfeend_() so baller he gets PBs for shows and has them buy nothing!

Seriously though, congrats on the pickups. Had both of those pass through my hands and they are beautiful in person.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, December 22nd at 12pm CT on The Vacvvm: "Greetings from Krampus!" by Jessica Seamans.

jeskrampus_zpsycgqeiet.jpg~original
8.25″ x 9.75″ giclee with deckled edges. Numbered edition of 60, $30

Full details here.
Including pins.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Speaking of hanging frames, larger ones included.

3M Command strips any good?

Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

I haven't used them, but as long as it's not supporting something outside its weight class, you should be okay.

Personally, I just go with wire and two hooks.

Browny

Banned
Has anyone bought into anything from Cult Classic Prints? There are a few themes that I'd be interested in going in on, but I'm unsure of the timings and quality of artist they attract...

I can see Chris Skinner's name on there, which is a positive, obviously...

Has anyone bought into anything from Cult Classic Prints? There are a few themes that I'd be interested in going in on, but I'm unsure of the timings and quality of artist they attract...

I can see Chris Skinner's name on there, which is a positive, obviously...

I got Skinner's Labyrinth from them. They're legit!

Bii

Speaking of hanging frames, larger ones included.

3M Command strips any good?

Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

Biggest frame I have on command strips are 12"x24". I'm considering doing it on a few 18"x24" frames that I have but just haven't got around to it yet. I wouldn't dare do it on my 24"x36"s.

Auctopus

I've noticed a few of Tim Doyle's Unreal Estate up on eBay for reasonable prices. Are there known fakes or something? Thought they'd cost a bomb.

Biggest frame I have on command strips are 12"x24". I'm considering doing it on a few 18"x24" frames that I have but just haven't got around to it yet. I wouldn't dare do it on my 24"x36"s.

You know, I keep forgetting to buy a 12x24 frame. I need one for a Mad Max print I bought from Bottleneck a while back.

b3b0p

It was $125 with tax and shipping for both of them from Spotlight Displays.
Those are the 24x36 ones. The fact that the frame is easy to swap prints in and out of is definitely worth the price.

Gonna mount them to the wall tomorrow.

That The Little Mermaid is awesome. I wanted to get it, but I already have too many prints.

For reference for anyone else, here is the link to the frame: http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/art-print-frame-wide-border-24x36.html

I'm gonna buy a few soon. The price blows my mind. Everything I have framed is well over $200 on the low end. I read great things about them over on EB.

Browny

Banned
Trilogy? But how could he even think of leaving out The Crystal Skull? I for one will not be purchasing unless all 4 are confirmed.

:)

I may finally get the Indy prints I've been waiting for. This is good news.

Also, I'm buying a couple 18x24 frames, and then maybe some 17x28 ones too. Then I'll have all of my poster sizes covered.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Do people get art prints for Christmas? I don't. Paying large sums of money for paper is my secret shame.

Nope. It's one of those things where people know it's one of my hobbies/money sinks, but then it's a hard thing to shop for. I usually get what I want and my tastes are pretty particular. Even if you knew I'm missing a print I want, you'd have to track it down and deal with aftermarket prices.

And honestly, at this point, I should be shedding the chaff of my collection.

Getting a commissioned sketch from an artist I like would be the safer bet.

I gifted my GAF commission Kiki's Delivery Service to my sister-in-law who is an art major and big Kiki fan. So some people get prints for Christmas.
If one of the other 25 people are looking to offload theirs, don't. But if you do I was regretting it since I wrapped it up. :(

In good news I got a flat file for Christmas so I'll be moving out of the cardboard ghetto.

Risible

OH SHIT SON. Olly SW:TFA? Prepare for the crushing disappointment of a missed Moss boys!

Dear Olly, please make it timed. Signed, GAF.

LaneDS

Do people get art prints for Christmas? I don't. Paying large sums of money for paper is my secret shame.

Not a print, but a nice custom frame:

As usual, difficult to take a good picture of (at least, difficult for me) but it's a really nicely done frame job. Also some sweet dog toy reflections.

Free when you purchase 10 copies of Firewatch (which I'd gladly do for a Moss SW:TFA!)

I am kind of amused that the four Firewatch prints I own collectively will cost way more than the game will.

Related, since I was snapping pictures:

Salamando

Free when you purchase 10 copies of Firewatch (which I'd gladly do for a Moss SW:TFA!)

Nah, you know what we should get with Firewatch?
A special Pin!

Not picking up the original timed-edition Firewatch posters was one of my biggest poster-collecting regrets. I was so young and foolish (and broke) back then...

Luderico

As usual, difficult to take a good picture of (at least, difficult for me) but it's a really nicely done frame job. Also some sweet dog toy reflections.

This is really fuckin nice Lane. Was thinking the same with this print. Congrats. Great gift.

Dont get prints for christmas either. They know i buy expensive movie or gig posters from artists they never heard of. And thats it.
But i take gift cerfiticates from my local framer with wide open arms. ;)

Zabojnik

Damn, that's a nice frame. Decided to go the minimalist
cheap :p
route with mine, I thought it suited the quiet nature of the print better.

fVq1aRC.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Lane and Zab, those Danger frame-ups are rad as hell! Where do you go is one of my prints of the year, so glad y'all are treating it right.

Also, I need to pick which Danger to frame in the new year.

LaneDS

Damn, that's a nice frame. Decided to go the minimalist
cheap :p
route with mine, I thought it suited the quiet nature of the print better.

fVq1aRC.jpg

Also like that a lot! I didn't actually pick the details on the frame-up, since it was a gift, but it was done in keeping of the style of these two (obviously some differences but the general mat + color core remains through all three).

I can't remember who was asking about the bottom print in recent months, but man, it is so dark and that glass is reflective which makes it kind of a bummer... going to try to hang it somewhere to uh REFLECT that when I move next year.

Also thanks y'all who commented on the frame up!

Risible

Love the Elk Guard, naturellement! :)

I agree about the bridge piece - while I like it, it's just very very dark. Love the mat you chose though.

SourBear

Banned
I always frame my posters to the edge instead of matting. But whenever I look in on this thread I tend to see matting from everyone else. Am I doing it wrong?

Top Bottom