• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, if anybody got the LiT and doesn't want to keep it, I'd be super appreciative if you could PM me!

I completely struck out on that drop.

http://tomerhanuka.cmail20.com/t/Vi...EF23F30FEDED/5229A5103F8DE7DE22947492D9797BBC

TheSea_print72.163534.jpg

The Sea / a special Valentine's Day print
A Valentine's Day limited edition print will be released this Wednsday, January 20th.

The Sea is 17″ x 22″ Giclee, with an edition of 50, and is $85 (price includes shipping world wide).

The print will be added to the shop on Wednsday.

Best,

T.

Here's hoping for a decent timed drop on Wednedady.

shiny...

i'm not buying any more prints especially not large prints

LaneDS

I did this thing over the weekend called "make a budget" which I learned is the mortal enemy of "buying silly posters". That combined with organizing my stuff lead me to a lot of "why did I buy this?" moments. We'll see how selective I can be this year with that said.

I think like Hanukas art more in comics than on posters so far. Still haven't read The Divine tho
I did this thing over the weekend called "make a budget" which I learned is the mortal enemy of "buying silly posters". That combined with organizing my stuff lead me to a lot of "why did I buy this?" moments. We'll see how selective I can be this year with that said.
How many posters would you say you have?

Browny

Banned
iknowthatfeelbro.jpg
I've decided to frame or at least store what I've got before buying any new ones.

Talking of which - suggestions please. I can purchase either:

A0 size, naturally (only way I can fit in 24x36's...)

Or:
along with a lot of very stiff cardboard and some sleeves.

Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated!

I fear the day when I finally get the 18x24 frames and some better storage materials, I'll come across a few "Why?" prints I'll need to sell or trade.

LaneDS

I think like Hanukas art more in comics than on posters so far. Still haven't read The Divine tho

How many posters would you say you have?

When I get home, I am going to count tubes. Tubes are failures. Tubes are prints I purchased thinking I wanted them (and I guess I did) but they stayed in tubes. I've sold zero prints for profit (sold a handful to friends and other gaffers (ALSO FRIENDS) at cost when they were looking for something), and doubt I'll really ever get into that aspect of it. I've tried to only buy things I think I'll display, but looking through some of the shit I've purchased yesterday I know there's a ton I'll never frame (because hey, that's expensive!).

Anything hanging on my wall goes in the "I am glad I own that" category. From memory... I think I have fourteen framed "big" pieces all around my place, all of which I really like. Then there's smaller stuff, like the Olly Moss 5x5 pieces, and I think I have eight or nine of those framed up in those $15 Ikea frames.

The tubes though, man, those are kind of a bummer when you're budgeting/organizing.

WTS: Horkey Two Towers variant PST

iknowthatfeelbro.jpg
I've decided to frame or at least store what I've got before buying any new ones.

Talking of which - suggestions please. I can purchase either:

A0 size, naturally (only way I can fit in 24x36's...)

Or:

along with a lot of very stiff cardboard and some sleeves.

Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated!

I like the second option but don't know how easy it is to store art flat in that way. Would be nice to flip through your stuff and see what you've got. Get away from those damn tubes man.

Edit: Here's one I found yesterday where I said "why?"

Clipjoint

I'm in the exact same situation. I need to start selling off my excess prints at cost and use the cash on framing or holy grails.

This is not the hobby for those who lack self control.

LaneDS

Whats wrong with the Edmiston IG print? Looks awesome in person.

Nothing wrong with it, just one of those things I liked enough to buy but don't like enough to really do anything with it. That and about, oh, thirty tubes worth of stuff. Some of that is due to not having infinite wall space, and some of it honestly comes down to what I feel comfortable hanging around my place (i.e. the nerdier it is, the more it needs to be in my domain versus the more social areas). That's half personal preference, and half living with someone that doesn't want (awesome) cybernetic ninja Ash Thorp artwork in our living room (HER LOSS).

Risible

Nothing wrong with it, just one of those things I liked enough to buy but don't like enough to really do anything with it. That and about, oh, thirty tubes worth of stuff. Some of that is due to not having infinite wall space, and some of it honestly comes down to what I feel comfortable hanging around my place (i.e. the nerdier it is, the more it needs to be in my domain versus the more social areas). That's half personal preference, and half living with someone that doesn't want (awesome) cybernetic ninja Ash Thorp artwork in our living room (HER LOSS).

Yeah, what finally broke my collecting obsession was the realization that I would never have the space to hang nor the cash to frame everything I have. It was pretty freeing :).

Now I just hang around and see if any Holy Grails show up. Would love to see a Ghostbusters print that I like.

Sushigod7

Ah gotcha I should have read back further. This one I have up its the 1 print I bought from Mondocon lol. But I hear ya stuff sitting in the flat file is worthless if I never see it I just sell them.

Risible

What's the one print you guys would buy if money was no object? I think for me it might be Taylor's Halloween. So sad I missed that one.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
When I get home, I am going to count tubes. Tubes are failures.

Haha, I have an entire corner of my place dedicated to tubes, and shit it shameful right now. So many fucking tubes.

What's the one print you guys would buy if money was no object? I think for me it might be Taylor's Halloween. So sad I missed that one.

For film prints, probably a Stout Akira. I really think it's perfect, but no way can I swing the current asking price for any available ones.

Meier

My dude! Thanks, Rinn. I had this on my calendar but for a later time. Been looking forward to the print since Ken showed it off last month.
It is stunning but it'd feel a little weird to me to buy a print for a concert I wasn't at. My brother gave me a print from her London album release party/show for Ceremonials..never found out who actually did it but it's a beauty with silver metallic inks.

Printwise? I don't know. Maybe Stout Kill Bill or perillo twilight zone. Original would have to be either a shag or a kawasaki, I think,

suplex

DALeast - Adrenaline-S. I had a chance to buy one for $900 and just couldn't pull the trigger. In hindsight I should have just bought it and sold whatever to cover it.

IronRinn

http://www.woodennickelartworks.com/ are releasing 5 new Chrisopher Shy pieces this afternoon (noon PST). It includes a Seven Samurai, 1982, and The Thing, Can't link as they're sat in my e-mail, sorry...

These are up along with a bunch of other stuff. They're all open editions, it looks like. Regular editions are 18" x 24" and Variants are 24" x 36". All are giclees, all are by Christopher Shy and all are $80 and $150 respectively. Link here. Not going to link every image but here are a few:

omgkitty

I like those even if they're a little too dark for my tastes. Also looking at his two Rachel prints makes me think they should have Rooney Mara play a replicant in the new Blade Runner film.

IronRinn

I like those even if they're a little too dark for my tastes. Also looking at his two Rachel prints makes me think they should have Rooney Mara play a replicant in the new Blade Runner film.

Yeah, he did a really good job but you're right, they're a little dark. I posted the 1982, but I think "Broken" is even better for a Pris image (didn't post because it's NSFW). Dude does good work.

Filthy Slug

I just noticed that USPS shipping rates went up. Mondo's shipping is now over $17 bucks from Texas to NY--shit is absurd.

Today, Tuesday, January 19th at beginning at 12pm ET and open until 11:59pm ET on Bottleneck: "Ziggy" by John Keaveney

16" x 16" giclee print, $35

On one hand, I want that, but I have no idea where I would put it in my house.

On the other, the proceeds do go to cancer research.

LaneDS

Malick[AI];192659034 said:
On one hand, I want that, but I have no idea where I would put it in my house.

On the other, the proceeds do go to cancer research.

Solution: wear it on your face

win/win/win

Filthy Slug

Just be thankful the Iron Giant days are over.

For now.

Filthy Slug

Robocop is still going strong!
Haha, sometimes you just gotta keep milking a license even when that cow is just spurting dust and udder-farts.
Didn't notice this since it was $16.10 for me last week but now it's 17.10

And all I want is one good force awakens print
Yeah, it sounds weird to complain over a dollar but Mondo has been overcharging on shipping since the new site launched, and they don't (at least when I buy) scale the price depending on the size of the print.

I can't even imagine what the prices are for international orders through them. Gotta be fucking brutal.

Top Bottom