• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Yeah, it sounds weird to complain over a dollar but Mondo has been overcharging on shipping since the new site launched, and they don't (at least when I buy) scale the price depending on the size of the print.

I can't even imagine what the prices are for international orders through them. Gotta be fucking brutal.
I don't know, having shipped stuff to Austin I don't think they're overcharging. Cost of shipping along with packing materials comes out to roughly what I would pay and I don't have to pay the person doing the shipping. Granted perhaps they get a volume discount, but I don't think they're making anything on shipping.

santi_yo

Haha, sometimes you just gotta keep milking a license even when that cow is just spurting dust and udder-farts.

Yeah, it sounds weird to complain over a dollar but Mondo has been overcharging on shipping since the new site launched, and they don't (at least when I buy) scale the price depending on the size of the print.

I can't even imagine what the prices are for international orders through them. Gotta be fucking brutal.

From TX to Spain:

tuxMsBR.png

Sad hobby for us non-americans.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't know, having shipped stuff to Austin I don't think they're overcharging. Cost of shipping along with packing materials comes out to roughly what I would pay and I don't have to pay the person doing the shipping. Granted perhaps they get a volume discount, but I don't think they're making anything on shipping.
Yeah, that actually does make sense, but mostly my complaints come from ordering smaller 18x24 pieces and having 1lb shipments cost the same as 2-3lb shipments. It's not the biggest deal, it just adds up as it's a gallery I order from quite a bit. But at least we get colored tissue paper to match the vibe of the print!
From TX to Spain:

tuxMsBR.png

Sad hobby for us non-americans.
Holy fuckballs, my dude.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
New James Jean joint:
Year of the Monkey (Giclee)
$200 -- 24 1/4" x 18"
1-hour timed edition on 1/26/16 @ 8AM PST: HERE
Monkeys.jpg

Filthy Slug

200? Didnt you tell me James Jean has reasonably priced prints? Last time I trust you with Fancy Paper info, Flithy
I did say that! But I definitely said given the quality and size and how big of an artist he is, that his prices are reasonable.

Also, this is exactly what you got that Ken Taylor Florence piece for, to distract the wife from other, more fancier purchases.

I'm always tempted to sell when I see prices like that, but I never do. Then 5-6 months later when the shine wears off and I'm willing to sell prices are at rock bottom. So basically, I am the worst flipper ever. For real though, LiT is one of my favorite movies, and the older commissioned Taylor print will likely never be within reach, so this one is in the permanent collection for sure.

IronRinn

Thursday, January 21st on Mondo: The Thin Red Line by Tomer Hanuka

24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Maaaaaan, I really like this one.

Yeah this is so good. Gunning for a variant, this may be a good one to PB for old GAF if you're not busy tomorrow.

I have to work early so I'll be out of my comfort zone. GL everyone.

Laurent Durieux's Oldboy is easily my favorite. It looks so damn impressive in person:
10347782_10152657937884618_8573019418756050508_n.jpg

:O
das nice

did I ever tell you that for years I tried to convince my wife she should watch Oldboy and she refused? Then one day she was like oh hey whats this movie we should watch this one.

It was the american version. I begged her to watch the og and she was like nope.

she finished and was like wow it was so amazing

:mad:

IronRinn

das nice

did I ever tell you that for years I tried to convince my wife she should watch Oldboy and she refused? Then one day she was like oh hey whats this movie we should watch this one.

It was the american version. I begged her to watch the og and she was like nope.

I'm no lawyer but that seems like grounds for divorce.

That Durieux could still be found close to cost last time I checked. Very nice print.

Filthy Slug

das nice

Haha, I completely forgot there was a Spike Lee Oldboy. How's the hammer scene in that one?

Meier

Despite it being sort of blasphemous to admit, I actually didn't really care for The Thin Red Line..but that print is masterful.

IronRinn

I'm not really a fan of his work but I like the color on that

It's an acquired taste for sure, but yeah, the color is great. His stuff is really striking in person. But $340 shipped plus the cost of framing a print that large...yeah, easy pass.

IronRinn

I still have not been able to decide which version of The Thin Red Line to try to get.

Edit: Think I might go for the regular. When I think of this movie I think Green.

Filthy Slug

I had to get that variant. Hanuka (and his brother) are amazing with their color usage, and I think this is one of Hanuka's best prints.

IronRinn

Got a reg. Real fucking Sophie's Choice with this one. If I had the money and space I would have probably just gotten both, honestly.

Top Bottom