• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

MGSV commission by Ise Ananphada is underway and looking incredible, but we're still about 20 people short. I'm paying the first half of her fee tomorrow, then she's starting final artwork which should come back to us in a few weeks.

We have a sketch and it is killer. Here's a small piece, join the group to see it all! I need a $25 deposit before I put you on the spreadsheet. All info is inside the facebook group, and feel free to message me with any questions. This will not go over $70-75 if we can get a run of 50.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/435734003276658/

YkQM7th.jpg

Wait. You're in neogaf?!? IS EVERYONE ALLOWED TO JOIN NOWADAYS?!?

do%2Bthe%2Bright%2Bthing%2Bburn%2Bit%2Bdown.gif

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If your Robocop room still feels incomplete, Grey Matter has got you covered. On sale this Wednesday, between 1-2pm EST:

Artist: Kilian Eng
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition: 220/$45.00 (Hand-Numbered)
Variant Edition: 110/$60.00 (Hand-Numbered)
Printed by: VGKids

Pretty cool prints although I think it's odd that the light yellows and red aren't very well balanced in regular version considering how symmetrical it is.

Meier

I pretty much exclusively go to the Framing Devil and the 24x36 frames I've picked up have been anywhere from $150 to $500 depending on how elaborate and fancy they got.

Damn expensive hobby.
There is a guy here in Austin I've been using who does a pretty standard frame and will do 24x36 with a foam core backing for around $100. Here is an example of a Totoro he did for me in the past.

https://instagram.com/p/Z_-dAgKoOR/

I've got 4 pieces ready to be picked up from him. The PCC Hannibals, the Francavilla Jurassic Park and the Ken Taylor Drive.

Meier

That's a pretty legit framing job for $100. Congrats.

Yeah, he does good work and is fast. He can do nicer frames and fancy mattes and the like, but my wife didn't really want anything too exorbitant so I went with his standard fare originally and so I've just kind of stuck with it so they match. If anyone in town wants to use him, he works out of a shop in his home -- I learned about him from the Mondo gallery people previously:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bauhaus-picture-framing-austin

(no reviews, but you can get his info)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Have any of you guys had bad experiences with shipping coming from Bottleneck?

As far as shipping and customer service, Bottleneck have been at the top of my list since they came about. They're super communicative, super friendly, and the most accessible dudes in the game.

If you have any problems with your order, shoot an email over to them and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

mjc

As far as shipping and customer service, Bottleneck have been at the top of my list since they came about. They're super communicative, super friendly, and the most accessible dudes in the game.

If you have any problems with your order, shoot an email over to them and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

I only ask because I ordered one of the Star Wars Gabz prints prior to Christmas, and it came in severely damaged right before New Years. They were super willing to send out a replacement, which was picked up January 14th by USPS. I hadn't thought about where it was until today so I checked out the tracking number and it's still in Brooklyn.

I emailed them just to see if they've heard of any other shipping issues, and one of the reps told me the blizzard was to blame, and in a somewhat condescending tone. For something that was picked up 11 days ago.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I only ask because I ordered one of the Star Wars Gabz prints prior to Christmas, and it came in severely damaged right before New Years. They were super willing to send out a replacement, which was picked up January 14th by USPS. I hadn't thought about where it was until today so I checked out the tracking number and it's still in Brooklyn.

I emailed them just to see if they've heard of any other shipping issues, and one of the reps told me the blizzard was to blame, and in a somewhat condescending tone. For something that was picked up 11 days ago.

Bummer to hear about the initial print, and I think there's been a general shipping backup in NY, as I put something into the mail last Tuesday and it still hasn't left the NY sorting facility.

I can only speak from personal experience and seeing them interact on forums and at shows and stuff, but the three of them are really nice and genuine dudes, and hopefully y'all can hash out any potential issues.

mjc

Bummer to hear about the initial print, and I think there's been a general shipping backup in NY, as I put something into the mail last Tuesday and it still hasn't left the NY sorting facility.

I can only speak from personal experience and seeing them interact on forums and at shows and stuff, but the three of them are really nice and genuine dudes, and hopefully y'all can hash out any potential issues.

Oh I have no doubt, they've been very helpful. A shipping backup in NY would definitely explain it.

It's so beautiful. This picture is crap, it's like looking out of a window.
20160125_173236-1_zpsunfuxpn9.jpg

Framing presents a problem here. I'd like to mat out some of the dead space on the left, but printing goes right up to the edge on the right.

edit:If I can score a reg AP, one of you is getting this at cost

Filthy Slug

It's so beautiful. This picture is crap, it's like looking out of a window.

Framing presents a problem here. I'd like to mat out some of the dead space on the left, but printing goes right up to the edge on the right.

edit:If I can score a reg AP, one of you is getting this at cost

Damn, I'm even more bummed I struck out on that drop. Congrats, dude.

Unrelated: I really want a Creed print. Why are there no Creed prints? Movie is phenomenal.

Filthy Slug

Not the movie but I got you covered dog
9hRqWsC.jpg

Neogaf Fancy Paper Commission #XXX: Creed gigposter by Daniel Danger.

If you're interested, please PM LaneDS, and maybe tell him what your favorite Creed song is as well.

b3b0p

There is a guy here in Austin I've been using who does a pretty standard frame and will do 24x36 with a foam core backing for around $100. Here is an example of a Totoro he did for me in the past.

https://instagram.com/p/Z_-dAgKoOR/

I've got 4 pieces ready to be picked up from him. The PCC Hannibals, the Francavilla Jurassic Park and the Ken Taylor Drive.

I'm in Austin! Can you ping me more info?

Edit: NEvermind, I see your second post.

Luderico

Somebody bought a Lost in Translation print?

Saw them but they were already gone. Then again the prices were to high for my taste. 215$ for the variant and 360$ for the reg + shipping. No way. Its beautiful but not that.

Browny

Banned
My portfolio has arrived... A1 rather than A0, but it will do the job of storing my smaller-than-36x24 prints. Now to start opening some tubes...

Filthy Slug

Man, that Taylor AP drop was early as hell. I slept through it, but wouldn't have dropped 400 on a LiT reg anyway.

Yeah, I woke up, saw the aftermath, and then just walked away okay with the situation.

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, January 26th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "Castle Lovers" by Nacho Diaz.

0b2d788f-6b3f-490d-83b7-fb3fe2b8c91b.jpg

9" x 12" giclee print, numbered edition of 50, $20

LaneDS

Neogaf Fancy Paper Commission #XXX: Creed gigposter by Daniel Danger.

If you're interested, please PM LaneDS, and maybe tell him what your favorite Creed song is as well.

Would you believe there have been zero interested parties in this?

I laughed at the idea of DD doing a Creed print after reading his Trump rally impressions with knock-off Creed (truly a horrible thing).

omgkitty

Ohhh from DHM on their FB:

"POPEYE THE SAILOR MEETS SINDBAD THE SAILOR" limited-edition prints go on sale this Friday January 29th on Dark Hall Mansion's dedicated store page here: http://darkhallmansionstore.com/ at 9:30 AM PST!

"POPEYE THE SAILOR MEETS SINDBAD THE SAILOR"
Standard edition of 280 $65

Variant edition of 50 $100

Foil edition of 10 (based on the Standard edition colorway) $150

Foil edition of 10 (based on the Variant edition colorway) $150

All editions are strictly limited, measure 18" x 24," are screen printed, and hand numbered.

omgkitty

Seriously.

Soon the 90s of prints will be over. That's what I keep telling myself at least.

As I always say, those extras are cool when they add something, except 95% of the time they don't. Ansin's Ghost in the Shell with foil is incredible. Almost every print DHM has done with foil is not. It's just like how I'm in 27 different FB commission groups or whatever and then we get down to it and some jack ass always has to suggest we do metallic paper and metallic ink and all this bullshit and absolutely none of it is necessary and sometimes even makes the print worse.

IronRinn

As I always say, those extras are cool when they add something, except 95% of the time they don't. Ansin's Ghost in the Shell with foil is incredible. Almost every print DHM has done with foil is not. It's just like how I'm in 27 different FB commission groups or whatever and then we get down to it and some jack ass always has to suggest we do metallic paper and metallic ink and all this bullshit and absolutely none of it is necessary and sometimes even makes the print worse.

I agree though in all fairness to DHM it's much less egregious than some. I mean, they do two pricey editions of 20 prints total. It's not like they print a regular run of 280 on foil or anything.

Browny

Banned
I was glad I got my Iron Man in foil, it adds a little sparkle (if you will). I'm looking forward to opening Whalen's metallic GOTG. But yeah, not every variant has to be shiny shiny... it seems a little gimmicky.

omgkitty

I agree though in all fairness to DHM it's much less egregious than some. I mean, they do two pricey editions of 20 prints total. It's not like they print a regular run of 280 on foil or anything.

They basically do a small run that makes them a lot of money that are guaranteed to sell out because people are stupid. It's pretty much just free money so I guess I can't blame them?

ohkay

They basically do a small run that makes them a lot of money that are guaranteed to sell out because people are stupid. It's pretty much just free money so I guess I can't blame them?
Yeah, these places are businesses in the end. If people buy them (and maybe are excited to buy them), then I don't see anything wrong with it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm torn on LiT.

I'm fortunate enough to own and have framed the original Elite 10 commission.

But I love the different side and complimentary nature of this one too. It's almost more about reminding me of Tokyo than the movie.

But I missed the drop. Pay the blood price to have them side by side?

I'm torn on LiT.

I'm fortunate enough to own and have framed the original Elite 10 commission.

But I love the different side and complimentary nature of this one too. It's almost more about reminding me of Tokyo than the movie.

But I missed the drop. Pay the blood price to have them side by side?

That's not the gold price. Not the blood/iron price.

Top Bottom