• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Meier

nSOO6aF.png

I was picking up my prints from the framer and he said he had some Mondo prints he was thinking of selling. Offered to sell me the Durieux Jaws at a good price.. I bit his hand off.

Meier

Whaaaaaaat you bought all those I hate youuuuuuuu nice work.

Haha, just the Jaws -- the other four were ones he had framed for me that I've been sitting on for awhile. He used to frame Mondo stuff for their gallery so he apparently got the Jaws for free or at cost at the time (it's 110/525) and wanted to change his walls up a bit so he offered to sell me it at a good price and I bit his hand straight off.

Otheradam

Haha, just the Jaws -- the other four were ones he had framed for me that I've been sitting on for awhile. He used to frame Mondo stuff for their gallery so he apparently got the Jaws for free or at cost at the time (it's 110/525) and wanted to change his walls up a bit so he offered to sell me it at a good price and I bit his hand straight off.

Damn, that Jaws print is like my holy grail print.

IronRinn

nSOO6aF.png

I was picking up my prints from the framer and he said he had some Mondo prints he was thinking of selling. Offered to sell me the Durieux Jaws at a good price.. I bit his hand off.
Holy shit I hate you so much right now. Congrats, but I hate you.

b3b0p

I love that Popeye. Especially the colors in the variant. Want bad, but must not. Nothing new until I flatten all my current inventory backlog.

Meier

Holy shit I hate you so much right now. Congrats, but I hate you.
This was the first time I'd ever bought a print from someone second hand with markup other than a Moss Pokemon for like $40. Generally speaking, I've made a point to not get sucked into spending more than I should on prints..but for this one framed, I couldn't pass it up.

Meier

I am trying to swap my Durieux Iron Giant for some Moss Ghibli prints. One guy on EB offered me Spirited Away and saw I had JC Richard's North of the Wall on my wish list as well. In reading the topic about the print from back when it came out, it sounds like the printing of it wasn't so hot. Does anyone have it personally that could weigh in on what they think about it? Obviously I'd ask for more than those two if I went ahead with the trade, but curious if I should even bother accepting that one.

I'll say this -- the price was back at 2013 levels. He said he'd looked it up on eBay and saw one for $1,000 so when he quoted me the price he would sell it to me for.. I was very surprised. I was with my wife and asked her if I could do it, lol. She said it's up to you and so I said I'll do it. Sold. Especially since it was already framed which saved me at least $100 right off the bat.

For now, it's on my wall. We'll see if I try and flip it or not. That could go a long way, that's for sure!

IronRinn

Today, Wednesday, January 27th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "Primus - Nashville, TN" by David Welker.

2d1f0dc9-5fa3-44ab-a293-141be7db8274.jpg

18" x 24" 6 color screen print , includes 3 neon inks and a varnish layer.

Edition size? Price? Who fucking knows! Bottleneck wants it to be a surprise or something, because there's no mention in the email.

Congrats on the pick up bud. I PB'd one for Trashers brother back at the original drop, and last I heard it was still tubed. I'm not super up to date on the fancy paper bylaws but I think if it isn't framed soon it comes back to me. Right Trasher?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I begrudgingly picked one up. I think I'd only be happy with one or two of the possible prints, but possibly getting a remarqued bird at that price? I'm down for that.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, January 28th on Mondo:

TMNT: Rise of the Turtles by JJ Harrison. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

TMNT: Rise of the Turtles (Variant) by JJ Harrison. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

IronRinn

Friday, January 29th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Return of the Jedi by Juan Esteban Rodriguez.

Regular_2c7ce229-5183-4588-a9e5-c669d6f4e38e_grande.jpg

18" x 24", 5 color screen print, numbered edition of 300, $40

Variant_Screen_Print_RotJ_JER_grande_grande.jpg

18" x 24", 5 color screen print, numbered edition of 100, $50

That Bottleneck Jedi print reminds me of something the gallery wrote in an email they sent to people who purchased the Gabz print...something about a big release coming in the near future and that everyone on this list would get something if they took part.

Anyone have any ideas or want to speculate what they are talking about? Are we even allowed to speculate? Have I angered the fancyposter Gods by even asking?!!

omgkitty

That Bottleneck Jedi print reminds me of something the gallery wrote in an email they sent to people who purchased the Gabz print...something about a big release coming in the near future and that everyone on this list would get something if they took part.

Anyone have any ideas or want to speculate what they are talking about? Are we even allowed to speculate? Have I angered the fancyposter Gods by even asking?!!

Durieux Indiana Jones

Tomorrow, Thursday, January 28th on Mondo:

TMNT: Rise of the Turtles by JJ Harrison. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

TMNT: Rise of the Turtles (Variant) by JJ Harrison. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

why is there no blue between the R and the T in Turtles? Hmm Inferior variant

Durieux Indiana Jones

Ahhh right...I feel a little stupid for asking now if that is definitely whats happening. I knew Durieux Indy was coming (hard to miss the excitement for it). I just didnt put two and two together that that's what they were referencing in the email.
Thanks!

Luderico

@Meier
Congrats on the pick up. So so lucky.

Mondo Turtles. Think the reg look really good. Not a fan of the series because not a fan of middling good cgi. But sould be an easy drop

Return of the Jedi by Juan Esteban Rodriguez.
Don't know. Like the image/scene. But maybe would've worked better as in 24x18.
More room to breath.

Browny

Banned
I love the idea of the blue in the Turtles variant - but it's a little too blue, and kinda overpowers it.

And the RotJ seems a little cluttered - as Luderico said, it needs more room to breath - a bit more background please.

IronRinn

I can see the desire for a 24" x 18" but Rodriguez is kind of locked into the 18" x 24" seeing as the first two prints were those dimensions. Also, I kind of like how crowded that image is as I remember that scene being very tightly packed with people in the frame.

ngower

Okay folks, it looks like framing is gonna be pretty pricey so first of all, I hate you all, but second, should I flatten my poster prior to having it framed OR just give it to the framer in a tube and let them do that part? I'm mostly concerned that if I flatten it and then try to transport it to the framer, I'll risk damaging the print. What do you lot typically do?

P.S. No really, I hate you. That was my hard-earned money that you just had to convince me to spend.

$200 quote for a 24x36 wood frame, $180 for metal, $150 if I got a kit and did it myself. Dios mio.

Meier

Sorry to quote myself, but this question may have been lost in the excitement about my score. Anyone have this print that can weigh in?

I am trying to swap my Durieux Iron Giant for some Moss Ghibli prints. One guy on EB offered me Spirited Away and saw I had JC Richard's North of the Wall on my wish list as well. In reading the topic about the print from back when it came out, it sounds like the printing of it wasn't so hot. Does anyone have it personally that could weigh in on what they think about it? Obviously I'd ask for more than those two if I went ahead with the trade, but curious if I should even bother accepting that one.

ohkay

Sorry to quote myself, but this question may have been lost in the excitement about my score. Anyone have this print that can weigh in?
I don't have that print in particular, but JC Richard's prints generally look grainy up close

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
JC and Mark Englert both have super grainy prints. Most of the time the jpegs look better than the actual print.

IronRinn

Okay folks, it looks like framing is gonna be pretty pricey so first of all, I hate you all, but second, should I flatten my poster prior to having it framed OR just give it to the framer in a tube and let them do that part? I'm mostly concerned that if I flatten it and then try to transport it to the framer, I'll risk damaging the print. What do you lot typically do?

P.S. No really, I hate you. That was my hard-earned money that you just had to convince me to spend.

I would flatten it first. You can transport it sandwiched between some large pieces of foam board secured with clips. Don't worry about it being acid free as it won't be in contact with the foam board long enough for that to be an issue.

Haha, maybe I should put a disclaimer in the OP: WARNING! PRINT LIFE AIN'T CHEAP. PROCEED ACCORDINGLY.

$200 quote for a 24x36 wood frame, $180 for metal, $150 if I got a kit and did it myself. Dios mio.

Or you can be a budget guy like me and buy one from Spotlight Displays for about $60.

Sure they don't look as flashy, but the print is my main focus anyways.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think you may be decided. As with clothing, it's my belief that if you're iffy on a print, 9 times out of 10 you're never going to be. That's just me, though.

You are right. I need to take that approach more often.

/puts credit card back in wallet

I have it framed in my office actually and am very happy with it.
DcdIfNA.jpg

I am a big fan of JC though, sure his style lacks detail when you have your nose 5 inches away from them but at normal viewing distances I think they look great.

And yes I have Al Powell looking down on me to provide sage wisdom while I work.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I have it framed in my office actually and am very happy with it.
DcdIfNA.jpg

I am a big fan of JC though, sure his style lacks detail when you have your nose 5 inches away from them but at normal viewing distances I think they look great.

And yes I have Al Powell looking down on me to provide sage wisdom while I work.

Dude, that is the best.

Top Bottom