• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

What is this "Too many attempts." bullshit Shopify is doing now? Is this some half-assed attempt to combat bots, or something? Cause bots don't give a shit.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What is this "Too many attempts." bullshit Shopify is doing now? Is this some half-assed attempt to combat bots, or something? Cause bots don't give a shit.

Yeap. A ridiculous step back if Shopify stays with that awful implementation.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Is it a Shopify thing (as in they just started uniformly enforcing) or is it something the shop owner can switch on?

Never had a problem with Mondo with it, but it was pretty bad when I tried getting LiT at Spoke Art.

IronRinn

Is it a Shopify thing (as in they just started uniformly enforcing) or is it something the shop owner can switch on?

Never had a problem with Mondo with it, but it was pretty bad when I tried getting LiT at Spoke Art.

I've noticed it on both Bottleneck and Mondo now. Seems like it might be uniformly enforced but I can't say for sure.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Huge bummer, and another hurdle for just regular ass people trying to buy rad prints.

Ah well, at least we'll save some money, right? Right?

LaneDS

I feel like that Shopify system is the only reason I've had any success with a few big drops in the last year, so yeah, that's a bummer.

I haven't run into that just yet, but I'm sure I'm due any day now.
Didn't get the blue I wanted, but I did score a purple and a green Haxan. That's probably enough.

IronRinn

Up now on Hero Complex Gallery: "Et tu, Baird?" (Hail, Caesar!) by Glen Brogan.

GlenBrogan_1024x1024.jpeg
24" x 16" screen print, numbered edition of 60, $40

Risible

I think that's my favorite out of all of them. Still not getting any, since I finally ordered the proper postage storage materials and that set me back a fair amount.

Still doesn't get the faces quite right. So hugely important in a good movie poster.

Also, is it just me or did Francavilla get NONE of the faces right? :(

Still doesn't get the faces quite right. So hugely important in a good movie poster.

That is true. It gets a bit more leeway for it's artistic style in that the faces can be more like caricatures, but the amount of negative space and the overall composition makes it a hard sell for me.

The Francesco Francavilla one is good too, but once again the amount of negative space when the characters could've been a bit more prominent bugged me a bit. The other ones are just not my bag at all.

*Edit* Looking back at it, yeah they all look a bit off faces wise.

I'm part of a Ise Ananphada commission for The Princess Bride. Here's the final rough sketch, I'm psyched:

Holy cow, that looks nice. No open spots, I'm assuming? What size will it be?

It even has a credits block. Maaaaaan, why did you have to show me that. I want it now.

IronRinn

Daaaaaaaaaamn. Also, you're calling that a "rough" sketch?

Edit: If it is indeed rough, she should fix Robin Wright's face in the smaller image with Wes. I know it's a weird angle, but it's still off. Especially compared to the absolutely stunning job she did on the main likeness. Regardless of that quibble, the image look fucking incredible.

Risible

Daaaaaaaaaamn. Also, you're calling that a "rough" sketch?

Edit: If it is indeed rough, she should fix Robin Wright's face in the smaller image with Wes. I know it's a weird angle, but it's still off. Especially compared to the absolutely stunning job she did on the main likeness. Regardless of that quibble, the image look fucking incredible.

Yeah, the main work is on the likenesses and a few quibbles here and there she said. 24x36 screenprint, shit's gonna be off the hook.

Yeah, I guess "rough" was a poor choice, I meant to convey it wasn't final, that's all :).

damn thats a ton of work. very impressive

a lot of artists use the word 'sketch' or 'rough' for anything thats not final. most people just assume it means quick doodley thing. theres a ton of planning that goes into those pieces

edit: Id love to see a video where someone talks about their process in making something like that Princess Bride piece. Anyone have a link to something like that?

IronRinn

A line art variant of this would be awesome. I'm sure it will look great once she's colored it, but I really am loving just the line art.

Edit: Fuck, and I love Peter Falk and Fred Savage at the bottom. It gives it a real Windsor McCay vibe. This is really well done.

IronRinn

Friday, February 5th at 9:30 PT on Dark Hall Mansion: A couple of Betty Boop by Naja Conrad-Hansen

"Betty Boop - Love" 18" x 24" giclee print, edition of 280, $65

Canvas edition of 10, $175

"Betty Boop" NY variant, 18" x 24" giclee, edition of 50, $100

Canvas edition of 10, $175

omgkitty

So I guess we can definitely say DHM has the Fleischer license. Would love to see them do Superman, though I have no idea how that would work. Those cartoons themselves are public domain, but obviously the character is not.

IronRinn

So I guess we can definitely say DHM has the Fleischer license. Would love to see them do Superman, though I have no idea how that would work. Those cartoons themselves are public domain, but obviously the character is not.

Yeah, no way the license covers the Superman stuff but hoooooooly shit would that be awesome if they could do posters for those shorts.

Dat Type. Nailed it!

Also:

Again: these joyous limited-edition serigraphs are available on February 5, along with an equally jaw-dropping new Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs print, at noon (Pacific).

WAT. Anyone got details on that?

omgkitty

Love Becky Cloonan but not really down with these posters, hopefully she'll do more

I just wish every single poster she did didn't have boobs in it. Haxan, Dr. Caligari and Sex Criminals. It's funny that I actually really enjoy her comics work but haven't been interested in any of her posters.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Loving the Whalen Inside Out print.

What's the scoop on Cyclops? It looks like a bunch of prints listed there are still available...am I going to need to be ready and F5ing right at Noon PST (like a Mondo drop) or will it be easier to snag?

Loving the Whalen Inside Out print.

What's the scoop on Cyclops? It looks like a bunch of prints listed there are still available...am I going to need to be ready and F5ing right at Noon PST (like a Mondo drop) or will it be easier to snag?

It varies. The Paperman prit I got sold out in like 15 minutes, but the Cinderella one is still for sale even a couple months later.

No news on the Snow White one though, other than it'll be there. Odd.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
It varies. The Paperman prit I got sold out in like 15 minutes, but the Cinderella one is still for sale even a couple months later.

No news on the Snow White one though, other than it'll be there. Odd.

Interesting. I'll sign up for an account ahead of time, I guess. Once I cart it do I have a "hold" or do I need to go through with the full purchase to confirm the order?

Interesting. I'll sign up for an account ahead of time, I guess. Once I cart it do I have a "hold" or do I need to go through with the full purchase to confirm the order?

They use Shopify, which I believe puts a "hold" on it for a bit but I'm not sure for how long. I had to do two separate orders the day I ordered Paperman & Cinderella, because one or the other kept showing as sold out due to people in checkout. After a minute or so they freed up and I was able to get both.

omgkitty

Raid71 posted this on Instagram and it is absolutely incredible. Mockingbird you should probably get him to do a Sleeping Beauty print....

12661930_10153972001495982_7262470537645705252_n.jpg

Filthy Slug

Raid's color usage continues to be fucking brilliant.

Risible

I haven't read Watership Down since I was a teenager. Are the hills in the background in reference to something specific? Like their warren or something? I forget.

Top Bottom