• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Risible

A good Troll 2 print would make me do that, at least.

BestWorstPoster1sm.jpg

I know, I know, not what you meant :)

Is the going rate for Pittides Reefer Madness really $350-400? If so, yikes! I was thinking about getting that and Road to Ruin as a gift for a friend back home. Road to Ruin seems reasonably priced, but Reefer Madness is crazy.

IronRinn

Reefer Madness had a fairly low run, as well as being the most well known of the the three films. But yeah, that's the going rate. Pretty crazy.

Daaaamn. I made the mistake of looking up the price for Road to Ruin first and it gave me too much hope. I'll have to keep an eye on it and grab one if it dips down in price.... or even goes on sale, I guess.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That drop seemed too easy, I figured Whalen + Pixar would be rough

Yeah--it's a bit pricey, so that may factor into it for some. The piece is fantastic though, and the printing is going to be excellent, so it's definitely worth it.

Sushigod7

I really want to like it but its just to orange for me Joy is not that color. The Perillo is awesome my daughter flipped out will be getting that one asap.

I really want to like it but its just to orange for me Joy is not that color. The Perillo is awesome my daughter flipped out will be getting that one asap.

The shading on Riley's face bothers me more than anything else. The change in lighting between the two sides of her face is a bit too extreme.

Risible

The shading on Riley's face bothers me more than anything else. The change in lighting between the two sides of her face is a bit too extreme.

That's a very Whalen trait. If you don't like that I'm guessing you don't like Whalen in general? Or am I off base?

Jokes aside it doesn't get any better than this.
1-Lolita-poster-illustration-by-Bartosz-Kosowski-for-the-Stanley-Kubrick-art-show-hosted-by-Spoke-Art-in-San-Francisco.jpg

I like this one *a lot*

clever and very nicely textured

Actually this is the best:

Based on what I've seen I can't say I agree. Its a nicely drawn and rendered piece but it still misses the point. This piece could be for any number of titles.

I dont think the popsicle one is boring at all. There are plenty of little details for your eye to wander over.

Thanks to everyone that ordered last Friday and over the weekend!

Not sure if you heard but with those new releases you'll also receive a random screenprinted fanbill with each item. Of the three we have 2 are by Dave Perillo and one is by Kilian Eng. It is while supplies last but I should have enough for everyone that ordered, I think.

Also, man it's so hard to get Twitter followers. If you're not following Cyclops on Twitter already please give a follow, if you'd be so kind!

www.twitter.com/cyclopsprints

Only need 13 more before I hit 1,000. It's 4 digits!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just moved to Austin! Now I can finally attend some of these print releases in-person. I've only been to an Alamo Drafthouse once but loved it.

Anyone have suggestions for a good place to have stuff framed in the area?

Not sure if you heard but with those new releases you'll also receive a random screenprinted fanbill with each item. Of the three we have 2 are by Dave Perillo and one is by Kilian Eng. It is while supplies last but I should have enough for everyone that ordered, I think.

Also, man it's so hard to get Twitter followers. If you're not following Cyclops on Twitter already please give a follow, if you'd be so kind!

Oh that's awesome. Excited to see what the fanbills are. Following you on Twitter as well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

That's awesome--can you share any of them with us?

Luderico

Normaly i like Whalen. But don't know. The face from Riley is bugging me. Maybe it's one of these in person thinks.

@Zabojnik

Nice one man. IMHO the best Blade Runner print out there. Need that in my life.

Zabojnik

@Zabojnik

Nice one man. IMHO the best Blade Runner print out there. Need that in my life.
I feel the same way. :p Hopefully you'll manage to find one in mint condition. I almost didn't buy mine because of a few creases and scratches in the VERY sensitive black area, but I'm glad I did. It's hardly noticeable, unless you look from very close indeed.

I also like the Kilian Eng one, but I was looking for something slightly smaller, so ...

IronRinn

I feel the same way. :p Hopefully you'll manage to find one in mint condition. I almost didn't buy mine because of a few creases and scratches in the VERY sensitive black area, but I'm glad I did. It's hardly noticeable, unless you look from very close indeed.

I also like the Kilian Eng one, but I was looking for something slightly smaller, so ...

Congrats on the score/frame up. I have the Director's Cut version and, yeah, it's a great print. And, yeah, the black is super susceptible to scuffs. You look at it wrong and it scuffs. On the plus side, it makes it fairly easy to buff them out but, damn, the ink they used is sensitive as hell as there's just an ocean of it.

Meier

So, I just moved to Austin! Now I can finally attend some of these print releases in-person. I've only been to an Alamo Drafthouse once but loved it.

Anyone have suggestions for a good place to have stuff framed in the area?

Welcome! I mentioned it a few pages back, but I go to a guy who runs a shop called Bauhaus Framing. Nice work and a good price -- I told him I was recommending him online and he was tickled to bits. There is also a frame shop right next to Mondo's gallery but it's a lot more traditional in its pricing (aka expensive).

Followed!

Risible

Wow, I really like those.

While I love the art style, it feel like a poster made by someone who has never seen the movie. I don't get it, personally. Am I missing something? Why the red rose? Why the cow or whatever animal skull? Other than the death's head moth I'm not getting the piece's connection to the movie at all.

LaneDS

While I love the art style, it feel like a poster made by someone who has never seen the movie. I don't get it, personally. Am I missing something? Why the red rose? Why the cow or whatever animal skull? Other than the death's head moth I'm not getting the piece's connection to the movie at all.

The movie is actually about a very silent lamb.

IronRinn

I'm going to assume it's a lamb's skull. The rose, I'm not getting, though. Still like it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

and the algorithm will mean it won't matter how many followers you have :(

Filthy Slug

Bummer that they weren't allowed to do a title block. Right now the title is just kind of floating around, barely connected to the piece. The art itself is really dope, though.

IronRinn

Up now on Mike Mitchell's site:

"Painted Bunting" 8" x 10", printed on portfolio rag using archival inks. Signed and numbered, $35

"An Exercise in Viscosity" 11" x 14", printed on portfolio rag using archival inks. Signed and numbered edition of 50, $50

"An Exercise in Viscosity (Black Variant)" 11" x 14", printed on portfolio rag using archival inks. Signed and numbered edition of 50, $50

Bunting is timed. Up until Thursday 2/11 at 11:59PM CST.

Filthy Slug

You know what that Bertmer Silent Lamb piece needs--a tiny fat bird nestled in there.

Salamando

Ahhh, so it's a lamb's skull, and the lamb is dead and hence silent? Veddy interestink.

That couldn't actually be it could it?

Looks like there's a bit more than just skull there, like sinew and muscle. It's as if the lamb was skinned. Lambs are typically sheered for their wool to make clothes. This one just got sheered a bit more than most.

Thanks high school English for teaching me to overanalyze every single aspect of a piece of art.

LaneDS

Ahhh, so it's a lamb's skull, and the lamb is dead and hence silent? Veddy interestink.

That couldn't actually be it could it?

Ask yourself, did you ever hear the lamb in the movie? No, no you did not. That is how silent that lamb was AND is.

Top Bottom