• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

I haven't read Watership Down since I was a teenager. Are the hills in the background in reference to something specific? Like their warren or something? I forget.
I think it's more just a call back to the look of the animated film than a reference to anything specific from the story.

hobart

Need some help on this one - may be slightly off topic...

I've come across a rather unique photograph that I would like to have authenticated. I think it's important that I verify its authenticity before seeking value on it. Does anyone have any reputable sources that I could reach out to for this type of service? I'm a bit of a fish out of water on this one.

Thanks for any help.

Browny

Banned
I don't buy a lot of pins, but I did grab these.
cornetto_trilogy_large.png

Pinpinz Cornetto Trillogy
Ditto. I'm thinking of using an Ikea frame to display them...

I'm gonna use 4 strawberries to pin my Stout to the wall. Probably in the bathroom or laundry room, somewhere with a ton of humidity.

Meier

I feel like the Raid Whisper is a little bit busy but it looks like there is a chance to buy an AP. Anyone want to share their thoughts?

omgkitty

I feel like the Raid Whisper is a little bit busy but it looks like there is a chance to buy an AP. Anyone want to share their thoughts?

I was a part of the commission and I think he botched it. There are some good ideas in the print, but honestly there's too much going on. The whole top half of the print probably could have been cut off and it should have been made as 24x18 instead with the bottom half of them on the bike, her at the desk and the titles being the best part The face on her in the middle is absolutely atrocious and just looks bad. That's just my opinion though....

Meier

I was a part of the commission and I think he botched it. There are some good ideas in the print, but honestly there's too much going on. The whole top half of the print probably could have been cut off and it should have been made as 24x18 instead with the bottom half of them on the bike, her at the desk and the titles being the best part The face on her in the middle is absolutely atrocious and just looks bad. That's just my opinion though....
It's one of my absolute favorite movies in general (and my favorite Ghibli which says a lot for me personally) so I feel almost obligated. It looks like it'd be about $62 shipped which isn't that bad, but I'm not sure if I'd ever want to put it up because there's just so much going on and so many clashing colors. How does it look in person?

omgkitty

It's one of my absolute favorite movies in general (and my favorite Ghibli which says a lot for me personally) so I feel almost obligated. It looks like it'd be about $62 shipped which isn't that bad, but I'm not sure if I'd ever want to put it up because there's just so much going on and so many clashing colors. How does it look in person?

It looked okay...I didn't spend a lot of time checking it out because I had already sold it by the time I got it in, but the printing on it seemed fine. Didn't change my mind from my initial impressions though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Rinn banned pin images, dudes. He's a monster.

Risible

Y'all are crazy, pins rock. Send it to me and it can find a nice cozy home next to my latest, the Air Wolf pin. It's amazing. Even Captain Phasma likes it, and she doesn't usually like much.

Meier

So many Hail Caesar prints. Omg. HCG has shown 4 now and has Mondo 2.. did I see Bottleneck also?

I find pins to be a little pointless and overly expensive, but they're certainly a better avenue than selling Mad Balls for $30 or $40 a pop or whatever they'll go for.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Y'all are crazy, pins rock. Send it to me and it can find a nice cozy home next to my latest, the Air Wolf pin. It's amazing. Even Captain Phasma likes it, and she doesn't usually like much.

Damn, I feel like I'm already over Hail, Caesar prints and the movie hasn't even come out yet.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The JC Richards is one of the better ones. Not really feeling most of them. I liked the composition of the Brogan one, but didn't like Scarlett Johansson and Josh Brolin on it.

IronRinn

Available tomorrow, Friday, February 5th at 12pm PT on Cyclops Print Works:

Inside Out by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print. Printed by Eclipse Workshop. Hand numbered edition of 300, $65

"Riley & Bing Bong’s Sing-Along" by Dave Perillo. 10” x 20” screen print. Printed by Eclipse Workshop. Hand numbered edition of 250, $40

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by Robert Ball. 18” x 24” screen print. Printed by Eclipse Workshop. Hand numbered edition of 200, $55

IronRinn

Available today, Friday, February 5th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "Lolita" by John Keaveney:

88992c96-54ea-4afd-9094-c7bc77688e2f.jpg

17" x 24" giclee, numbered edition of 45, $45

bca3ce91-13f8-44b0-8cdd-4c4698b84707.jpg

17" x 24" giclee, numbered edition of 25, $45

omgkitty

Those are great but without a title, it's just an attractive girl drinking a soda. Then again, with titles it's an underage girl in a bathing suit. CONUNDRUM

IronRinn

Those are great but without a title, it's just an attractive girl drinking a soda. Then again, with titles it's an underage girl in a bathing suit. CONUNDRUM
Lol. Yeah, I think it could have used a title, for sure. I am digging what I've seen of Keaveney's work, so hopefully we'll get some more prints from him. The more official the better.

Filthy Slug

I really thought that coke bottle was a necklace for a hot minute.

Filthy Slug

Still the best one, in my opinion:

Edit: Beaten like a drum. Seriously though, that image is perfection.

Yeah, the lollipop idea is fucking brilliant, and I don't think anything about that is artistically boring. I think portraying the story using a super striking (and smart) image is so much more impressive and important than just a generic sexualized girl.

And yeah, like Ed said, a Lolita piece should make you uncomfortable.

As much as I want ScarJo's booty on my wall, I already spent too much this week on storage materials and buying the New Eden print off of LaneDS to go for it. Gotta pass.

I'm finally ordering some 18x24 frames for my smaller prints, though.

Top Bottom