• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

While I love the art style, it feel like a poster made by someone who has never seen the movie. I don't get it, personally. Am I missing something? Why the red rose? Why the cow or whatever animal skull? Other than the death's head moth I'm not getting the piece's connection to the movie at all.

Skull is a central part of clarice's childhood, sort of what made her who she was. It's in the movie but plays a bigger part in the book.
In the movie it's a sheep she rescues, in the book, its a horse.
. No idea about the rose.

b3b0p

Thanks to everyone that ordered last Friday and over the weekend!

Not sure if you heard but with those new releases you'll also receive a random screenprinted fanbill with each item. Of the three we have 2 are by Dave Perillo and one is by Kilian Eng. It is while supplies last but I should have enough for everyone that ordered, I think.

Also, man it's so hard to get Twitter followers. If you're not following Cyclops on Twitter already please give a follow, if you'd be so kind!

www.twitter.com/cyclopsprints

Only need 13 more before I hit 1,000. It's 4 digits!

Any insight in to what the next Disney prints will be? The Cinderella and Aladdin were amazing. I'm excited for A Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Sword in the Stone, or non-classic Emperor's New Groove. Those are my Disney jams.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Picked up these tonight. Commissioned by NASA JPL. Love NASA stuff.
http://www.invisiblecreature.com/#/shop/new/nasa-print-set

nasa_prints_web_1.jpg

Any insight in to what the next Disney prints will be? The Cinderella and Aladdin were amazing. I'm excited for A Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Sword in the Stone, or non-classic Emperor's New Groove. Those are my Disney jams.

Of the ones you listed, 2/4 will happen and one we have a fanbill for. Not sure when it will be released though (the fanbill).

The next releases: the main character in each film, though unrelated, share a common characteristic.

Luderico

Interesting Silence of Lambs print. But looks more of an art print. The missing credit block. Bummer. But creepy beautiful nonetheless.

IronRinn

Up now on Mondo until Friday, February 11th at 11:59 AM CST: Where to Invade Next by Shepard Fairey.

wtin2_1024x1024.jpg

18" x 24" screenprint. Hand numbered, timed edition. Printed by D&L Screenprinting, $40

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Up now on Mondo until Friday, February 11th at 11:59 AM CST: Where to Invade Next by Shepard Fairey.

wtin2_1024x1024.jpg

18" x 24" screenprint. Hand numbered, timed edition. Printed by D&L Screenprinting, $40
What a lovely white beanie Michael Moore is wearing atop his hat!

Up now on Tiny Showcase: "Sanctuary II" by Lisa Ericson

11" x 11" giclee print. Edition of 200 with signed COA, $30
That is really pretty. I may break and grab it. Thanks for posting, dude!

LaneDS

OBEY will drive a fair amount of timed sales there

I couldn't even tell if they were going for a "They Live" thing or not, or if that was just Michael Moore looking like Michael Moore.

Also, yeah, had zero familiarity with the artist to omgkitty's point.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
A physical release of that soundtrack would be the best.

There were rumors floating around about a vinyl release because of the vinyl icon on their site, but apparently that was just Olly having some fun (while breaking my heart).

Got my tax return in today, paid off the credit cards I had from when I was out of work for a few months, and did my usual payday search of Ebay for my holy grail posters.

HOLY SHIT.

I found a near mint 1991 original Double Sided Beauty and the Beast 27x40 Advanced Poster for $99.

The cheapest I've ever seen one was $150.

As long as the main portion of the print looks good, I will be a happy man.

I don't even have 27x40 frames yet! I need to buy some, but I just bought my 18x24 frames from Spotlight so I'll wait until my next poster buying spree.

*EDIT* Emailed Spotlight, he charged me $10 to change one of my 18x24s in the order to 27x40. Love that guy and how easy to work with he is. Got them as white frames to contrast the black 24x36 frames I have.

Have you folks seen the 59 Parks Series found on 59parks.net ? Just saw the teaser on instagram and it looks like there could be some amazing prints coming, some artists whose names I don't know / recognise and others I do for example Daniel Danger is doing one...these might be worth keeping an eye on and checking out!

IronRinn

Have you folks seen the 59 Parks Series found on 59parks.net ? Just saw the teaser on instagram and it looks like there could be some amazing prints coming, some artists whose names I don't know / recognise and others I do for example Daniel Danger is doing one...these might be worth keeping an eye on and checking out!

Believe this is the variant.

Danger Blue:

Also:

Prints by another Dan (McCarthy):

Looks like these are going to come in open editions measuring 18" x 24" at $40 and limited versions measuring 24" x 32" (typo?) for an unspecified price. They also have a membership for $500 with 30 slots available. Here's what the membership gets you:

Become an exclusive member of The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Club! We're offering just 30 memberships for 2016. A $500 membership gets you early access to new releases. It also gets you credits to the shop so you can pick only the prints you love the most! Here's what you get for being a member:

$550 credit to the shop (that's $50 in free shop credit!)
One free limited edition poster for joining ($100 value)
Early access to every future release in 2016 — that means you'll get first dibs on new limited edition prints (large format, 24"x32"!), the open edition 18"x24" prints, and other releases
Prints from artists like Daniel Danger, Landland, Erica Williams, Tom Whalen, Dan McCarthy, Eric Nyffeler, Justin Santora and many more!

Vyrance

Is it bad that it took me like 30 minutes to sign up for Instagram and figure out how to repost that national park pic? Damn I'm getting bad with technology lol

I've had Instagram for several years now and I still don't know how to repost.

Rest assured it isn't 'cause you are out of touch with technology...it's cause there isn't actually an easy way to do it, unlike twitter where you can repost with one click. On Instagram you have to use a third party app to repost OR take a screen shot, crop it and tag the original poster in it. I prefer the latter more crude approach.

Those National Park prints look super tempting. Just when I was about to buy some from the Ford Craftsman store... Might have to pass on those for now and maybe gamble on the 59parks stuff. I swear if we get a Daniel Danger or Tom Whalen Sequoias National Park print, it'll have been worth it.

Also someone help me. I just added The Little Mermaid, the Lion King, Aladdin, and the Princess Bride to my Beauty and the Beast order. All original John Alvin posters.

I still have a fair amount of my tax return money left and I've wanted those to go with my Alvin Mulan print a couple years ago, but still. That's the most I've spent on posters in a single day.

*EDIT* Another 59parks teaser:

https://dribbble.com/shots/2497092-59-Parks-Sneak-Peek

Ohh I think I might have to grab a few of those 59Parks prints. I love that art style and have a few canvases that are pretty close to what they are attempting...

aD5xLgM.jpg

IronRinn

There's no way whoever colored that didn't completely redraw it. If not, that's the closest Liefeld has ever come to depicting actual human anatomy.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
There's no way whoever colored that didn't completely redraw it. If not, that's the closest Liefeld has ever come to depicting actual human anatomy.
My guess was he traced a production photo.

Either that or Rob Jones kept sending it back. "No, Rob... make him more human."

Zombine

Banned
Liefeld is not Greg Land. I doubt he traced. It looks like his work, but it looks like he took a shit ton of time on it.

It has some pretty signature Liefeld jank which I love to death.

Filthy Slug

Liefeld putting that signature smack in the middle. Dude is hilarious.

E: not really in the middle but it's obviously super prominent in a comic-book-cover style way.

You can tell that's a Liefeld because the chest / torso area has this weird curve to the perspective and the background is just whatever.

The first PCC poster looks solid, though.

Still beaming about my Beauty and the Beast pickup. Finally got the foam core and acid free paper in so I get to finally flatten out all my posters. Might decide to sell 3-4 of them too.

Also why the hell can't espressobeans stay up long enough for me to put my list of posters in? Can't even use it to look up prices...

Top Bottom