• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Ohh I think I might have to grab a few of those 59Parks prints. I love that art style and have a few canvases that are pretty close to what they are attempting...

aD5xLgM.jpg

Those are great! I love the art style too. I would love some versions of Canadian National Parks as I've been to a few of them and feel a bit of more of a connection to them. I haven't visited the parks in the States (yet)...must rectify that.

IronRinn

god bless that colorist

i dont think Liefeld drew a background

You can tell that's a Liefeld because the chest / torso area has this weird curve to the perspective and the background is just whatever.

Liefeld is not Greg Land. I doubt he traced. It looks like his work, but it looks like he took a shit ton of time on it.

It has some pretty signature Liefeld jank which I love to death.
Looking at it on a bigger screen now, yeah there is some Liefeld-esque nonsense in there. Specifically (spoilered to avoid any risk of "CAN'T UNSEE")
Chest is pretty wonky and the angle of the gun in his left hand seems...off.

I kind of want that Liefeld poster. .__.

Yeah, I'm gonna try and get that poster.
Hey, if you like the print go for it. Seriously, screw other people's opinions and buy what you like, always.

IronRinn

Fine, FINE! I'll post the Deadpool prints. Will update when Mondo drops the details.

Available Friday, February 12th on Mondo: Deadpool by Phantom City Creative.

24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

IronRinn

Also why the hell can't espressobeans stay up long enough for me to put my list of posters in? Can't even use it to look up prices...
It's been super flaky lately, for sure. I don't know what's going on with EB but I'm going to use this comment as an opening for a general aside: If you use EB consider throwing them a couple of bucks a year. They have nowhere near the incoming revenue of a place like GAF and could use the support. And while it may be a lawless place, devoid of love, sympathy, or humanity, it nevertheless provides a valuable service for collectors.

Browny

Banned
I'm sorry, but that says Deadpoo.
skullpoopl.jpg

My Raid71 Dredd variant has arrived - the colours are stunning. I'm still bitter about missing his Blade Runner ones a while back.

LaneDS

It's been super flaky lately, for sure. I don't know what's going on with EB but I'm going to use this comment as an opening for a general aside: If you use EB consider throwing them a couple of bucks a year. They have nowhere near the incoming revenue of a place like GAF and could use the support. And while it may be a lawless place, devoid of love, sympathy, or humanity, it nevertheless provides a valuable service for collectors.

I'm miffed because I gave them money and never got my stupid "I gave EB money" badge. I should try again though, just because I like the site and it's mostly a car fire in terms of performance (and they can burn my cash as fuel).

IronRinn

I'm miffed because I gave them money and never got my stupid "I gave EB money" badge. I should try again though, just because I like the site and it's mostly a car fire in terms of performance (and they can burn my cash as fuel).
Most of the time I feel like you need to PM a mod for that stupid badge. Performance-wise I agree although, as noted, it has been especially bad lately. Particularly the database.

Yeah for sure. It's already won me a few arguments by showing friends I can at least get my money back, if not a fair amount more on 90% of my posters in time.

Once I'm done flattening and organizing my collection and putting it on EB I'll be donating.

Do people pull price data off of Expresso Beans using Excel or some other automated program? There aren't really any similar price databases (that I'm familiar with at least) so if a lot of people are using it for this purpose it could drag the site down. It's crossed my mind to write a program to track prices of my collection, but it's not really big enough to warrant that. If I've thought about it there are probably people doing it. If that's the case, eb should have some sort of API that they could easily throttle so it doesn't affect normal users.

Using the site over the past couple weeks makes me wish it was so much better. Discogs is a great site that serves a similar purpose and runs into very few issues compared to eb. It makes me think a lot of the problems with eb are on the backend. The site itself seems so outdated, I don't even want to see the code holding it all together...

Just throwing stuff out there for possible reasons. The site really doesn't have that many visitors so something weird must be going on.

IronRinn

Bottleneck will be holding a lottery for Gabz's Star Wars APs, so if you missed them on the drop, here's one more shot.

Thursday, February 11th at 12pm until 3pm ET after which winners will be chosen.

BookGabzStarWars_grande.jpeg

36" x 24" screen print, numbered edition of 100, $40

Gabzvariant_grande.jpeg

36" x 24" screen print, numbered edition of 35, $65

Risible

LOL. I have donated to EB and have the little icon to prove it, but I have to say that your description of it is on the nose :). Tons of cool people but a vocal minority of real assholes.

IronRinn

LOL. I have donated to EB and have the little icon to prove it, but I have to say that your description of it is on the nose :). Tons of cool people but a vocal minority of real assholes.

Which, really, could be said for most places. Unfortunately, they just don't have the resources/community pool to help police the forums as well as GAF which may be a bit unfair. I haven't been on many forums as well-policed as GAF. I think we get spoiled over here.

ohkay

I think I remember seeing a thread that said that they're upgrading the servers for EB and that's why it's been acting up lately

I donate to EB as well. Mods do their best. Most frequent posters have pretty much nothing but garbage to add. Sales records are easily manipulable and full of BS. Still, I'd hate to see it go.

Risible

Which, really, could be said for most places. Unfortunately, they just don't have the resources/community pool to help police the forums as well as GAF which may be a bit unfair. I haven't been on many forums as well-policed as GAF. I think we get spoiled over here.

Very true.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Fuck, that Jean piece is fantastic. I feel like it's going to be in the $300-$400 range, though, which is going to be brutal.

Bottleneck will be holding a lottery for Gabz's Star Wars APs, so if you missed them on the drop, here's one more shot.

Thursday, February 11th at 12pm until 3pm ET after which winners will be chosen.

BookGabzStarWars_grande.jpeg

36" x 24" screen print, numbered edition of 100, $40

Gabzvariant_grande.jpeg

36" x 24" screen print, numbered edition of 35, $65

Signed up for this. Im not a Star Wars fan tbh, but its a really really good piece.

Luderico

Lookin really good. Great frame up.

The Deadpool posters on the other hand. Kind of disappointed. Thought they could do more with him. In my opinion the first PCC is the best.
@IronRinn
Thanks for posting. ;)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The good thing is his work doesn't really go down in value (at least the ones I've looked at)

Yeah, but I'm also wondering if it'll be timed or a set edition. Either way, I really like how he's constantly branching out into different mediums for his releases.

LaneDS

Durieux posted a picture of his next Nautilus release, which is "The Bear" or "a movie that made me cry as a kid". Featuring bears!

Can't post a pic, but it's sharp/bumming me out.

IronRinn

Know nothing about the movie, but I like the print.

Today, Friday, February 12th at 2pm CT on Posterandtoys: a limited number of Ken Taylor's Primus posters (by which I mean, not the full run of 200 each):

18″ x 24″ screenprint, numbered edition of 200, $45

18″ x 24″ screenprint, numbered edition of 200, $45

IronRinn

Today, Friday, February 12th at 9:30am PT on Dark Hall Mansion: “Woodstock’s Song of Love” by Marq Spusta. ("[All] come along with an extra little Snoopy valentine.")

0UKsSq4.jpg

12″ x 12″ screenprint, signed and numbered edition of 550, $50

4ZT7Qmi.jpg

12″ x 12″ screenprint, signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

EPayxpq.jpg

12″ x 12″ screenprint, signed and numbered edition of 80, $90

bzxnVjj.jpg

12″ x 12″ screenprint, signed and numbered edition of 60, $125

Top Bottom