• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Is the cost friendship?

For $50 you can call me whatever you want, baby.

But I don't want to derail the thread - PM me if you're interested.

On topic, I'm slowly getting all my tubes out of the house and getting the posters into frames or onto foam core boards to flatten out. I have surprisingly few posters I don't want to keep - I just need some 12x36 frames for my Age of Ultron and Cinderella prints.

I think 2 24x36, 1 27x40, 1 18x24, and 1 12x36 frames will be enough for my room. I feel like a mini gallery now.

IronRinn

Teases for Timothy Pittides' solo show at Bottleneck:

12716670_1010848278958101_1532088671_n.jpg

IronRinn

Landland has a couple of new posters in their shop (along with a bunch of others):

The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die w/ Foxing, TTNG, and Brightside, November 7th, 2015 at Subterranean in Chicago, Ill. 18" x 24", two-color screenprint on 100# French cover stock, signed & numbered edition of 149, $25

Modern Radio Sweet Sixteenth Anniversary, January 29-30th, 2016 at the 7th St. Entry in Minneapolis, Minn., and the Turf Club in St. Paul, Minn. 18" x 24", two-color screenprint on 100# French cover stock, signed & numbered edition of 129, $25

Rob and Jess are so good... I always want to buy everything the do but never feel like anything would make my wall. I feel a weird guilt that I'm not supporting artists I really admire.

IronRinn

Rob and Jess are so good... I always want to buy everything the do but never feel like anything would make my wall. I feel a weird guilt that I'm not supporting artists I really admire.

I know what you mean, though I am still pissed at myself for not going after that whale print she did for The Vacvvm.

I just ordered a 18 x 24 portfolio to keep some of the prints I have in good shape that I don't necessarily want to frame but want to keep somewhere I can view them from time to time.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, February 18th, on Mondo:

The Wizard of Oz by Anne Benjamin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Black Swan by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Black Swan (Variant) by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Speaking of Landland and disturbing...

On sale at Bottleneck, tomorrow at 12pm:

"Freaks", a 11 color, 18 x 24 inch screen print based off the 1932 horror film.

Each print is signed and numbered out of an edition of 125 and cost $40 each.

Luderico

Love Tobin. Love love Black Swan, But this. Not a good combination. Fuck.

The Eng Jurrasic Park. Hmmmm not mine either. Don't know. Great artist but wrong property maybe.

Hey but the Freak is awesome.

Browny

Banned
Benjamin has a great cartoonist style going on. I always liked her Annie Hall:

This is stunning.

I just ordered a 18 x 24 portfolio to keep some of the prints I have in good shape that I don't necessarily want to frame but want to keep somewhere I can view them from time to time.

Ditto - I've managed to unfurl almost everything apart from the extra Paths I was sent - and my 24x36 prints, which I'll need to frame immediately. An A0 file is £145 :-( - so I went A1 instead.

And got some things up.

First: Two mats. Orange and white

Second: Two mats. Blue and white

As are these. I need to step my game up on mats.

Next to be framed will be my Chet Phillips "Ronin" print - I think it deserves something really nice, but no real idea of what to do (modern / distressed frame, mat colour).

Luderico

@UnluckyKate

Its from Mondo. Movie is Upstream Color and artist Kevin Tong.
Really nice print. Great movie also by the way.

Thanks for the mat tip. Maybe next time rainbow mats. ;)

@Browny

If possible i go always with a mat(s). The right one really compliments the art. If it's not overdone. But everyone as they please.

Here an example. Two mats. Black and white. Simple black frame.

IronRinn

Discount available for Landland's store:

20% OFF of ALL ORDERS OVER $25, if you enter "THEGOODFOOT" when it prompts you for a Discount Code.

It's good on everything in the store, not just the new stuff, and the sale is 100% OVER at the end of this Sunday, February 21st.

They also put this Andrew Bird print up:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wonder what the purchase limit is going to be. Unless each artist is doing more than one piece, it's got to be one a person.

Wonder what the purchase limit is going to be. Unless each artist is doing more than one piece, it's got to be one a person.

It should be auction esque, where you get one "buy" ticket and they parade a print out one at a time. No one knows how many of each print are available, and no one knows what prints will be there outside of what artists are there. It'd be a hoot to watch live.

Latest WIP from the Ise Ananphada Princess Bride commission, from her Instagram:

I have never hoped someone is willing to flip a print so much.

IronRinn

Up now and on sale until 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, February 28th on Dark Hall Mansion: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by Gerhard.

24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of whatever, $65. Foil edition $150

24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of whatever, $100. Foil edition $150

omgkitty

The logo treatment and Harry in the corner really bothers me. Like it's almost perfect except for those two issues. Real shame.

IronRinn

The logo treatment and Harry in the corner really bothers me. Like it's almost perfect except for those two issues. Real shame.

Yeah, the logo is just kind of stuck there but Harry in the corner doesn't bother me as much. Nice to see Gerhard hasn't lost his touch, though. It's a fantastic image otherwise.

omgkitty

Yeah, it's just kind of stuck there. Nice to see Gerhard hasn't lost his touch, though. It's a fantastic image otherwise.

Like it's not really a title...it's more like "THIS IS OFFICIALLY LICENSED HARRY POTTER MERCHANDISE!" I also think the idea of the Harry Potter films specifically being considered "Seminal" to be funny. Love the books, but those movies are okay at best.

Trasher

I get the title to an extent, but why did they think it was a good idea to put that specific image of Harry looking out his window? Really strange. Woulda been so much better without either of those things.

Risible

Same thing I thought. That logo treatment was a super weird choice.

Remove the logo, remove Harry, move everything else "up", give it a title and a credit block and I'd buy the shit out of it.

Top Bottom