• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Luderico

For the Mondo Linklater show. Stolen from EB. Artist Matt Taylor. Don't know the movie. Ah ok, it's his new movie. But fuck me. This is really beautiful.

1KAvIFi.jpg

Browny

Banned
Tom Whalen has a show up at Gallery 1988 West - nothing showing up online just yet, but here's a preview:

slide-1-image.jpg

It includes 8x8s, metal prints, sketches and wooden sculptures. I'm definitely interested to see what shows up.

Tom Whalen has a show up at Gallery 1988 West - nothing showing up online just yet, but here's a preview:

slide-1-image.jpg

It includes 8x8s, metal prints, sketches and wooden sculptures. I'm definitely interested to see what shows up.

ooh, is there a link for this? Interested in keeping an eye on it.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
It's pretty nice, but I'm not exactly regretting not jumping in on it.

I don't know. If I see him selling it at MoCCA, maybe....

IronRinn

It's pretty nice, but I'm not exactly regretting not jumping in on it.

I don't know. If I see him selling it at MoCCA, maybe....

I'm really digging it. Maybe I'll try and make it to MoCCA this year.

Because I know some of you like this stuff: PinPinz will have some of those BB-8 pins up today at 12pm ET.

Meier

I haven't gotten into the pin game (although I did buy a Catbus one) but would have been all over the BB-8 one had I seen the email in time. 😭

hingo

Neo Member
I'm really digging it. Maybe I'll try and make it to MoCCA this year.

Because I know some of you like this stuff: PinPinz will have some of those BB-8 pins up today at 12pm ET.

Gmail didn't tell me I had that latest email until 12:15pm ET, would've missed out on BB-8 without your post IronRinn. Thanks much!

omgkitty

The DD Red is fucking fantastic in person. The radial effect of DD's sense sonar came out excellent.

The only thing is it seems many of Woodson's APs came scuffed, so that's a bummer.

Yeah I'm really surprised they're still around. Not sure why this print doesn't have a lot of fans (probably lack of titles). I'd love to get one but I have no money :\

IronRinn

The DD Red is fucking fantastic in person. The radial effect of DD's sense sonar came out excellent.

The only thing is it seems many of Woodson's APs came scuffed, so that's a bummer.

Oh man, you're right. I didn't even notice that:

Matthew Woodson said:
NOTICE: A majority of the prints I received from the printer have very minor scuffing and/or overprinting. I can not guarantee which copy of the poster you will receive, but I will use my best discretion when fulfilling orders.

That sucks.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I was ready to drop for a wood piece but none of them really grab me.

Surprised metal Totoro is still available.

Browny

Banned
Yeah, some lovely pieces but I'm going to pass for the moment. If there's anything available next month (unlikely I know) then I may bite.

Any. This one was just completed, I jumped on it because I was feeling flush with tax return cash. That was a short lived feeling :/

b3b0p

I'd guess at http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/new-items; no idea when (if at all) anything is going to appear. I'd guess at around 5pm our time (which is when I'm driving home, bloody Americans with their bloody time zones).

Wow, that coaster set. I wish it was something like 5x5 prints or something.

The Street Fighter print is kind of cool too.

The Mighty Ducks Pee Wee playing card brings back memories. I was in Pee Wee league when the movie hit. Nostalgia big time. A lot of my friends were either in the tryouts for the movie or used as backups for certain scenes.

Edit: Just saw this too: http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/themed-video-game Is it wrong that I like and want the majority of these? So much cool and creative prints.

Ugh. I'm getting frustrated looking for frames. I need some new 24x36 frames that are decent for my expensive paper. I don't want to spend too much, but I've been finding something or other wrong with everything I'm finding at AC Moore / Michaels / Target. I'm also paying attention to weight. No real reason, just one of those things I'm anal about. Don't really want to go over $40 or so per frame. So, suggestions?

b3b0p

Ugh. I'm getting frustrated looking for frames. I need some new 24x36 frames that are decent for my expensive paper. I don't want to spend too much, but I've been finding something or other wrong with everything I'm finding at AC Moore / Michaels / Target. I'm also paying attention to weight. No real reason, just one of those things I'm anal about. Don't really want to go over $40 or so per frame. So, suggestions?

$40 especially for a 24"x36"? The absolute cheapest I have seen is around double that, unless you want garbage.

$40 especially for a 24"x36"? The absolute cheapest I have seen is around double that, unless you want garbage.

What retailers are you looking at? I'd love to get some spotlight frames eventually, for now I'm just looking for something quick and decent.

It's like someone who buys a $2000 TV and puts it on a $50 TV stand, if you have a valuable print why wouldn't you want to have it properly framed? I assume the frame is for the long haul anyway, unless you plan to routinely switch out the prints

It's like someone who buys a $2000 TV and puts it on a $50 TV stand, if you have a valuable print why wouldn't you want to have it properly framed? I assume the frame is for the long haul anyway, unless you plan to routinely switch out the prints

Not for the long-term at the moment, and I would be switching out prints on occasion.

IronRinn

Laurent Durieux is teasing an Alien print:
Motherfucker! I swear, he better fucking deliver on this. 'Cause fucking hell if this isn't for a non-private commission print or he fumbles the final illustration I will cry like a legit god damn baby.

Top Bottom