• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Before Trilogy preview.

CzCiiFD.jpg

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight (3 poster set) by Jason Munn
18”x24” each
Edition of 150

Someone giving that Adobe Illustrator a workout.

omgkitty

Someone giving that Adobe Illustrator a workout.

I mean that's his style and he's been doing it a long time, before that style was the kind of go to "I'm in art school and want to be trendy" type thing. I don't have a problem with his work, but it's just way too reductive for me and I'm disappointed this is what they have to represent some of my favorite films.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Dang, that is the first letdown from the show. And it's a triple letdown.

Otheradam

They look like they might be good book jackets. It is too reductive as large posters and evoke any emotion, which is too bad considering the movies.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, March 10th on Mondo:

Midnight Special by Tomer Hanuka. 24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Mud by Tomer Hanuka. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

I really enjoyed Mud, but I'm very selective on posters I buy, any poster I buy I fully plan on framing and displaying it, I only have so much room in my apartment

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I really enjoyed Mud, but I'm very selective on posters I buy, any poster I buy I fully plan on framing and displaying it, I only have so much room in my apartment

I wish I had that mentality, my dude. Right now I just have a shame-corner of tubes dedicated to devouring my apartment.

IronRinn

Today, Thursday, March 10th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Sketchbooth #5 with Michelle Hiraishi. 50, 5" x 7" inch watercolor slots, $75.

f6fb318b-1cda-4310-90ea-f74b696b48dc.jpg

f28f1afa-15d5-4091-89a4-964ebcec3bfa.jpg

LaneDS

Totally misunderstood what that Bottleneck thing was today and probably would have bought one, oh well. Anyone here get one, and if so, what are you going to ask for? Cool idea.

ohkay

Totally misunderstood what that Bottleneck thing was today and probably would have bought one, oh well. Anyone here get one, and if so, what are you going to ask for? Cool idea.
I tried but failed. Probably would've went with something Ghibli like Porco Rosso

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Dang, completely forgot about it because of Civil War trailer hype.

I was thinking about getting Bellatrix Lestrange for my niece.

I wish I had that mentality, my dude. Right now I just have a shame-corner of tubes dedicated to devouring my apartment.

Bruce Springsteen is too responsible for this thread.

I'd just feel too guilty leaving it in a tube, also if I'm not extremely selective then the flood gates will open for me and I'd be buying posters a lot. I only have 3 posters, hoping to get the The Thin Red Line back from the frame shop later this week or early next week, really excited to see how it turned out

IronRinn

I'd just feel too guilty leaving it in a tube, also if I'm not extremely selective then the flood gates will open for me and I'd be buying posters a lot. I only have 3 posters, hoping to get the The Thin Red Line back from the frame shop later this week or early next week, really excited to see how it turned out

WE GET IT BRUCE, YOU CAN EXERCISE SELF CONTROL. WHATEVER. GAWD.

Speaking of lack of self-control, for a beautiful fraction of a second I thought I might have been the owner of Randy Ortiz's "Natura Nihil Frustra Facit" OG. Oh well.

Filthy Slug

Hey, can you just PM me once a week and say, "Yo Slug, you don't really need that print."

Thanks, Bruce!

IronRinn

Sunday, March 20th at 8:31AM PST ("the exact moment of the Vernal Equinox on [sic] the Northern Hemisphere.) on Joao Ruas's shop: "The Rites of Spring" set.

Three 16" x 9.9375" gicleé prints (Le Sacre du Printemps XI: Ancestors, Le Sacre du Printemps XII: Before the Sage. Le Sacre du Printemps XIII: Despair) on 330 gsm Hot Press Natural Cotton Rag, signed and embossed edition of 30, $300

Come in a 17" x 10" case with tipped-in Certificate of Authenticity.

ohkay

I was just kidding lol, need my poster updates and fantasy about owning many of these
Maybe we just need to flood this thread with pictures of prints you'd want to break this restraint you have

Speaking of which, seeing that Ruas set isn't helping my restraint, tho 300 is a little pricey for me right now

Risible

I was just kidding lol, need my poster updates and fantasy about owning many of these

Whew, for a second I thought you were serious.

I envy you your restraint. I need more posters like a hole in the head. I've cut waaaay down, but still pick them up here and there despite being able to decorate an entire house at this point.

hingo

Neo Member
My restraint usually kicks in at the checkout portion. To date, I only have Olly's Rogue's Gallery and some of his heroes blind box prints, 4 each of his Zelda/Pokemon plates, and 2x BB-8 pins (mentioning that so IronRinn doesn't feel as bad about the reminder on pins). Not buying the Gabz Star Wars print was one of the more difficult ones recently. That being said, I check this thread more often than my work email throughout the day.

Browny

Banned
Excuse the reflections... although the S6 camera is sooo much better than the iPotato 4 one.

tgmaam1.jpg

Just need to find a wall...

IronRinn

Excuse the reflections... although the S6 camera is sooo much better than the iPotato 4 one.

tgmaam1.jpg

Just need to find a wall...
Man, that is a swank frame. Good job!

My restraint usually kicks in at the checkout portion. To date, I only have Olly's Rogue's Gallery and some of his heroes blind box prints, 4 each of his Zelda/Pokemon plates, and 2x BB-8 pins (mentioning that so IronRinn doesn't feel as bad about the reminder on pins). Not buying the Gabz Star Wars print was one of the more difficult ones recently. That being said, I check this thread more often than my work email throughout the day.
In an ironic twist, I wound up only contributing to deadbolt1388's pin empire. I am history's greatest monster.

IronRinn

Today, Friday, March 11th at 12pm on Bottleneck: Mark Chilcott's "Webster Fox" Series.

8" x 8", numbered edition of 30, $20. Matching numbers set for $75.

cac530c1-dfcf-4380-9f35-1b82935d6163.jpg

93b40f81-3414-475f-80a8-93c8e7c442bb.jpg

8f13730e-f0a9-45a6-911e-4c0c01de34ef.jpg

ccd80876-1159-4d56-a8ad-64c961d83f8d.jpg

I don't know what it is about it, but I really like that last one.

Salamando

Today, Friday, March 11th at 12pm on Bottleneck: Mark Chilcott's "Webster Fox" Series.

8" x 8", numbered edition of 30, $20. Matching numbers set for $75.

I don't know what it is about it, but I really like that last one.

Jumped on 'em. They look like something I'd actually hang up and not let languish in a tubular prison.

Up on Fifty-Nine Parks:

Didn't notice this before, but 5% of every print sold goes to The National Park Service.

I love these national parks prints - they look super good, have some of my favorite artists, and while the large variants are a little too expensive for me (especially the dimensions being slightly off from 24x36), the small ones are definitely going to be picked up by myself over time since they're open editions.

I also need a 12x36 frame and to make poster board bases so I can fit my unusually sized posters in my frames. Once I've done that, I can start really going crazy with the prints as I'll have 6 or so frames to put art in. Maybe I'll get one for work too...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jumped on 'em. They look like something I'd actually hang up and not let languish in a tubular prison.

Man I almost forgot about them! I barely got my order in. It was actually sold out, but I know Bottleneck now, so I just kept hitting backspace and then trying again. Whew.

Top Bottom