• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Man I almost forgot about them! I barely got my order in. It was actually sold out, but I know Bottleneck now, so I just kept hitting backspace and then trying again. Whew.

Just so you know, you can just F5 the "Inventory issue" page and it will do the same thing. Switched over to this method because the method I used to use (which you are also using) caused me to get temporarily blocked by Shopify. Some new "feature" they implemented.

teeg

Today, Friday, March 11th at 12pm on Bottleneck: Mark Chilcott's "Webster Fox" Series.

8" x 8", numbered edition of 30, $20. Matching numbers set for $75.

I don't know what it is about it, but I really like that last one.

Dang I missed out on these. I've got a baby coming in a month and these would have been great in the room (foxes are the theme).

If anyone has second thoughts let me know and I'd gladly take them off your hands.

omgkitty

All I wanted from the Linklater show was a decent Before Sunrise print...FUCK

Also, this is terrible:

CdZaas6UAAANHqY.jpg:large

Browny

Banned
More Robocop?

It's a nice piece - I like the colouring and some of the background stuff. And Gabz has a nice style too. But I think I'll pass - my money is better spent on big-ass frames so I can untube more things.

Luderico

Not a Stout man myself. Drink wise sure but not print wise.

Love the carnage around him. If i had the wall space and the dollars to spare. Sure thing.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Not a Stout man myself. Drink wise sure but not print wise.

Love the carnage around him. If i had the wall space and the dollars to spare. Sure thing.

Hey man, your opinion is totally valid.

I'm a little torn on Gabz these days. His illustration is dead on perfect. Maybe so perfect that it lacks personality. Layout/concept wise everything is fine, but leaves me feeling flat.

IronRinn

I'm with Luderico on this one. I have never liked Stout's earlier stuff and the RoboCop is right up there with his Blade Runner as his worst. The RoboCop is such a cluttered mass of lines and over-rendered, goofy looking faces with barely any contrast to differentiate the various characters. Dude has improved by leaps and bounds in my opinion, both in his ability to capture likenesses and, even more importantly, with his compositions.

Also very good but lacking credit block:
Todd-Slater-RoboCop.jpg

I'm with Luderico on this one. I have never liked Stout's earlier stuff and the RoboCop is right up there with his Blade Runner as his worst. The RoboCop is such a cluttered mass of lines and over-rendered, goofy looking faces with barely any contrast to differentiate the various characters. Dude has improved by leaps and bounds in my opinion, both in his ability to capture likenesses and, even more importantly, with his compositions.

With you 100% on Stout Blade Runner. His Big Trouble in Little China is tops though, in both layout and style.

I'm a big fan of Stout's Reservoir Dogs.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I sort of like Stout's Robocop but I can agree it's a mess composition-wise. And yeah, his Reservoir Dogs is fucking perfect--the collage effect is in full use but there's actual layers and scenes/iconography displayed throughout in a coherent and pleasing way. His Reservoir Dogs is one of his only prints where I actually like the variant--the blood everywhere is thematically perfect and looks great.

Also, RD is still relatively affordable second-hand, which is kind of nuts.

Top Bottom