• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Shit is about to get even worse for the wallet around these parts.

Also, the more I look at that Jean, the more I like it. Just not sure I can swing $200 right now.

omgkitty

Shit is about to get even worse for the wallet around these parts.

Also, the more I look at that Jean, the more I like it. Just not sure I can swing $200 right now.

This is what I say every time he has a print now (which seems to be like every month). Love his stuff but him charging $200 every time for an open print is kinda ridiculous. With the amount of prints he's selling on each of these, he's making more money per print than I make in a year.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Getting in on the boxed version of Xenograph and Pescados really stamped down on the desire for other James Jean stuff for me.

Like, I'd really need to love the print before I drop a few bills on it.

It's amazing. But I will never pay $200 for paper. Probably.

I said that same thing not really all that long ago.

Also, assuming we all slept on this?
Screenprint version.
eva-reg.gif

omgkitty

It's amazing. But I will never pay $200 for paper. Probably.

The longer you go on for, the easier it becomes to justify certain things to yourself. I paid $800 for a Moss Totoro Variant, and a year before I would have said I was crazy. Now it's come back around as I have stepped away from buying as much shit as I used to that it seems crazy again, but every once in a while I think about picking up something expensive when you realize how good a deal you're getting in comparison to what something actually costs / will cost.

Zombine

Banned
Up tomorrow, Thursday, March 17th at 1pm ET on Mondo and up for 72 hours: "Red Five" by Mike Mitchell:

This is the first of what will probably be more than a few officially licensed Star Wars and Indiana Jones prints they are going with Acme.

This will be my first Mitchell. It's gorgeous!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That Jean is pretty cool but it's an easy pass.

I still need to track down Tiger III...

You won't regret it, yo. It's so damn beautiful in person, and I feel like it's the best since his comeback.

Luderico

Didn't sleep on it the colors are not great. Also his recent work seems to always have issues when printed colors don't match etc.

Yeah was on the fence too. Looked kinda off to me.
Joined recently a facebook group called "Anime is for jerks" regarding anime prints (would post a link but at work Facebbok is blocked). They opened by now three subgroups for anime prints. One is Neon Genesis Evangelion by Man Tsun Tsang. Group is still open.

omgkitty

Yeah was on the fence too. Looked kinda off to me.
Joined recently a facebook group called "Anime is for jerks" regarding anime prints (would post a link but at work Facebbok is blocked). They opened by now three subgroups for anime prints. One is Neon Genesis Evangelion by Man Tsun Tsang. Group is still open.

TALK ABOUT THE SAMURAI CHAMPLOO GROUP!!!

krl87

Neo Member
I have a thing going on with Eng, it has to do with Ghibli. If that's something that might interest you shoot me a PM and I'll get you some more details. I've got about 20 spots left before it gets locked up.

Still a couple spots left. Had a few folks message me, but not respond. So if you're interested, time is running out.

ohkay

Pretty sure he's colour blind. But how has no one said anything to him!?
I'm pretty sure there was a big argument with him over one of his prints because the color was off, and his attitude dealing with that turned me off from his work

I'm pretty sure there was a big argument with him over one of his prints because the color was off, and his attitude dealing with that turned me off from his work

I think the colors on the reg are fine but yeah the guys attitude has been pretty crap on occasion. His AP pricing was the big one that I recall.

b3b0p

I think the colors on the reg are fine but yeah the guys attitude has been pretty crap on occasion. His AP pricing was the big one that I recall.

Yeah.

He also seems to be in the habit of just re-releasing his old prints in some other form or manor. Either sizes, colors, or something else. The Cowboy Bebop print for example and the Akira print.

omgkitty

Figured I'd help out and post this here to get people interested. I'm in a group doing the Vengeance Trilogy with some very well known artists. The group is here.

If you're not interested and it's because of the artists, please stop posting here.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - David Palumbo (Magic the Gathering artist)

Oldboy - Nimit Malavia (Fables cover artist)

Lady Vengeance - Tula Lotay (comic artist)

IronRinn

Figured I'd help out and post this here to get people interested. I'm in a group doing the Vengeance Trilogy with some very well known artists. The group is here.

If you're not interested and it's because of the artists, please stop posting here.

Lol, how does Mathieu have time to run all of these commissions!?

Kubrick series is off to a great start, so I think I'm in for this one, too. Love these movies.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Didn't sleep on it the colors are not great. Also his recent work seems to always have issues when printed colors don't match etc.

Would also agree, I signed up for TKWD Alex Iaccarino's subscription and it was a pain in the ass. He was pretty bad at managing it he ended up passing it to a group and it ended up going much better. I think there was also a poster in the past where the print ended up being much more green that advertised.

omgkitty

Lol, how does Mathieu have time to run all of these commissions!?

Kubrick series is off to a great start, so I think I'm in for this one, too. Love these movies.

Well to be fair he's not running that many because we can never get enough damn people for the groups because everyone just wants prints for the same 15 movies from the same 15 artists.

IronRinn

Well to be fair he's not running that many because we can never get enough damn people for the groups because everyone just wants prints for the same 15 movies from the same 15 artists.

Guess I didn't look at it this way. Like I said, I am really stoked with how the Kubrick series has started out and I love these films so hopefully this one comes to fruition.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Jesus. That's an insane line-up. Be an idiot not to jump on it.

ohkay

I need to cut my print spending but this is tempting...

Any idea what the time schedule is for these?

Mondo house party is today huh? Hmmm

Wow sooo tempting hmm

Luderico

Man what's with the Walen? Looks strange to me. Something is not right.

Yeah Mathieu has some really nice artists for some really fine movies. Always a enough member
problem.

JOIN. This commission. The movies. The artists.

Filthy Slug

Dang, that Whalen is brutal. It just screams: Did not watch the movie.

Top Bottom