• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Available tomorrow, Tuesday, March 15th on Mondo: No Longer / Not Yet: A Tribute to Richard Linklater Part 1.

JF_DazedandConfused_FINAL_sm_177f09c5-f57e-43e5-af47-ceacfa4f3941_1024x1024.jpg
Dazed and Confused by James Flames. 24" x 36" screen print. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Dazed and Confused (Variant) by James Flames. 24" x 36" screen print. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Slacker by We Buy Your Kids. 18" x 24" screen print. Edition of 100. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Bernie by Phantom City Creative. 18" x 24" screen print. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight (3 Poster Set) by Jason Munn. 18" x 24" screen print (each). Edition of 150. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $75

A Scanner Darkly by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Edition of 100. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $35

Waking Life by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Edition of 100. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $35

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Scanner Darkly and Waking Life are a beautiful little set.

really like the Dazed and Confused print, the variant not so much
I cannot stand variants that just take the colors out of the regular. It makes no sense to suck the life out of something and charge more.

Luderico

I cannot stand variants that just take the colors out of the regular. It makes no sense to suck the life out of something and charge more.

James: This is my Dazed and Confused print. What you think guys?

Mondo: Man that looks awesome. Good work James.

James: Thanks. Really appreciate it. See you...

Mondo: Wow wow wow. Not so fast James. Where's the variant dawg??

James: Oh. Variant. Okay. Hmmm have some ideas. Maybe i could change a few things, like the football game and...

Mondo: James James James. Don't overthink it. Just chance the fuckin color dawg. Done.

James: Just change the color??

Mondo: Yeah. Or crop the fuckin print. I don't know. Some minor shit like that...

Sushigod7

Color swaps on variants is pretty normal some artists even said they don't like to do them. Some probably do oh well they are getting paid if they sell so its all good.

James: This is my Dazed and Confused print. What you think guys?

Mondo: Man that looks awesome. Good work James.

James: Thanks. Really appreciate it. See you...

Mondo: Wow wow wow. Not so fast James. Where's the variant dawg??

James: Oh. Variant. Okay. Hmmm have some ideas. Maybe i could change a few things, like the football game and...

Mondo: James James James. Don't overthink it. Just chance the fuckin color dawg. Done.

James: Just change the color??

Mondo: Yeah. Or crop the fuckin print. I don't know. Some minor shit like that...

Haha it looks like he put a color overlay over everything, messed with the opacity and called it a day.

I don't really like to call artists lazy unless I know for sure they are being lazy, but the artist should have been aware that it *looks* lazy.

Variants bug me tbh Its not that I think that they're generally lazy but its really that when you design a piece, you should be creating it with a palette in mind. When you design a piece that needs to work with at least 2 different kinds of palettes, then it feels like the piece is compromised, at least a bit in my eyes.

Cheska

Hey friends!!

How do you guys suggest shipping a cardstock poster? I don't want to damage it by rolling it, and I feel like thats the direction that it will take.

LaneDS

Hey friends!!

How do you guys suggest shipping a cardstock poster? I don't want to damage it by rolling it, and I feel like thats the direction that it will take.

You can roll the dice and ship flat. Some artists ship their stuff that way and so far I've not had any issues, but I know it scares some folks. Basically get two thick pieces of cardboard that are bigger than what you're shipping and tape them together and around the piece to package it.

krl87

Neo Member
You can roll the dice and ship flat. Some artists ship their stuff that way and so far I've not had any issues, but I know it scares some folks. Basically get two thick pieces of cardboard that are bigger than what you're shipping and tape them together and around the piece to package it.

Depends on size, but whenever you ship flat - use masonite.

Cheska

Depends on size, but whenever you ship flat - use masonite.

This all scares me too. The Ico print shipped in a tube, right? How the hell do you avoid waving?

krl87

Neo Member

I think that should definitely be okay flat. I would highly recommend using masonite (you can get it at any hardware store) if not, but you should, at least 5-7 pieces of cardboard on each side of the print. And make sure the print is in a mylar bag, and well protected.

Bii

New stuff from Mike Mitchell. All are timed editions and will be available until Wednesday the 16th, 11:59PM CST.

http://www.sirmitchell.com/

CedarWaxwing_promo.jpg

Cedar Waxwing. 8x10. $35

Dale_promo.jpg

Chipmunk With Hawaiian Shirt. 8x10. $35

Chip_promo.jpg

Chipmunk With Hat And Jacket. 8x10. $35

Or all three for $100:

trio.jpg

Coincidentally, I got my package from Mike's Painted Bunting Fat Bird in today...and...uhh, wow...I need to take pics.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey friends!!

If you think you'll damage it, then absolutely ship flat. You can ship the way Vacvvum ships--put the piece in a glassine sleeve, affix and sandwich it between stacked and rigid cardboard, add some bubble wrapping on top and below the sandwich and place it in a box where it isn't loose.

It sounds like a lot of effort but damaged prints are the worst.

E: Not glassine sleeve, mylar, like K said.

Luderico

To be clear. Have nothing against a good variant. Add some foil, metallics, change the color/a few things, i don't know. Only if it makes sense. But these days it is just for the sake of the variant, charge more and make a few extra bucks. Sadly.

Love the Chip and Chap (the names in the german version) ones. Childhood memories. Good times. Even had the NES game.

IronRinn

Up tomorrow, Thursday, March 17th at 1pm ET on Mondo and up for 72 hours: "Red Five" by Mike Mitchell:

This is the first of what will probably be more than a few officially licensed Star Wars and Indiana Jones prints they are going with Acme.

Dammit Rinn. That gets posted like 2 hours ago, I wake up and see it's not on GAF and what do you do. Post it a millisecond before me.

Also, Mondo is making more Star Wars posters.

KALI-PRINT_COMP.jpg

“Kali” - James Jean

Image size: 26″ tall × 18″ wide
Paper size: 29″ tall × 20″ wide

On sale in his store for 12 hours starting at 8:00 AM PDT on Wednesday, March 23rd and ending at 7:59 PM PDT.

$200

Greyvvolf

Mike just posted that he will be doing more Star Wars portraits for Mondo. I can't wait to see his take on Star Wars.

Edit: I missed this information when I was looking on the website as I was mainly looking at how long this was going to be timed for. I thought he was going to do just one portrait.

Top Bottom