• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

When you think you have a PB for the Mondo OG show and they go silent on you yesterday but you still hold out hope and then you see a post on FB thanking them for PB'ing and it's the guy who yesterday was offering $$$ for a PB.

Dr.-Who.gif

ANYONE ELSE KNOW THAT FEEL HAHAHA GUYS

Sigma722

When you think you have a PB for the Mondo OG show and they go silent on you yesterday but you still hold out hope and then you see a post on FB thanking them for PB'ing and it's the guy who yesterday was offering $$$ for a PB.

Dr.-Who.gif

ANYONE ELSE KNOW THAT FEEL HAHAHA GUYS

Was it that John guy? cuz two people have posted thanking him now lol..

Sushigod7

I don't get the people going ape shit and camping for over a week for this show. Some pieces are cool but I see a bunch of meh stuff too. Its a great idea though congrats to them for doing something fresh.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is there anywhere with good pics of everything?

Coming in from our very own Ed!

Also, there was a ton of sadness from the show tonite but at least a few of us are $200 richer.

Is there anywhere with good pics of everything?
Coming in from our very own Ed!

Also, there was a ton of sadness from the show tonite but at least a few of us are $200 richer.

Well, half right. I have pics but theyre not good! Here is the imgur album

http://imgur.com/a/55I3s

Y'all will have to excuse the wonky angles. Kinda had to work around tons of people to snap pictures. Ended not buying anything. Really wanted a Tula Lotay piece but the one left wasnt anywhere near as good as the ones taken.

Was considering a Vanessa Del Rey piece but I really wanted a larger piece.

You cant see them in the pictures, but there were a lot of salty tears from Filthy and myself at our dismay over the limited selection that was available by the time I got there.

Anyone know a good place to get a decent quality magazine frame? I bought two copies of the Star Wars issue of Birth.Movies.Death and would like to frame them but want to make sure I get something decent. I thought about contacting Spotlight but thought I'd check here first.

sw-1_large.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Got excited, and then I saw the price of that 12 x 12 piece. Damn, steep.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's everyone's go-to place for frames? I know nothing (yes, I read the OP!) but want something super easy, as in "here, just put your picture in this, boom, done".

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
House Party is up. Lot of decent pieces still available. Not sure I'd jump on any though.

Surprised no one bit on the Justin Erickson They Live. I'd pick it up if I didn't already have a They Live alien piece.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 22nd on Mondo: 'No Longer / Not Yet: A Tribute to Richard Linklater' (PART 2)

Dazed and Confused by Dan Black. 24" x 18" screen print. Signed & hand numbered. Edition of 265. Printed by Landland. $40

Dazed and Confused (Variant) by Dan Black. 24" x 18" screen print. Signed & hand numbered. Edition of 140. Printed by Landland. $60

Boyhood by Kevin Tong. 24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $35

Everybody Wants Some by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Slacker by Jay Ryan. 18" x 24" screen print. Signed & hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by The Bird Machine. $40

Filthy Slug

That Jay Ryan Slacker is so fucking rad.

Also, what's interesting about the House Show is what some artists felt was an original worth $200 vs other artists.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Also, what's interesting about the House Show is what some artists felt was an original worth $200 vs other artists.
Don't think you can judge them like that based on this type of show. At its heart, these shows are for fans who normally can't afford original art. Some artists take that to heart and over deliver, some do something reflective of the price, some phone it in.

Filthy Slug

I'm not too upset about never being able to own that--it's not an Akira piece that I think is super interesting, especially for the price.

Cool to see Jean doing movie prints, though.

E: I like the way Kaneda looks. He looks at peace.

Filthy Slug

Woah, that is a nice little set. Really like those.

IronRinn

Friday, March 25th at 10am PST on Thinkspace: Three new prints from ETAM CRU:

cd51ef42-c79f-4717-9803-6a48e999e5c9.jpg

"Henryk Nowak" by Sainer. 33" x 28" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 100, $125

26a8c075-b785-4a96-987b-191abb68f354.jpg

"Insomnia" by Bezt. 24" x 14" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 100, $90

b0385d13-3459-4f21-8da2-c8a30577d7df.jpg

"First Love" by Bezt. 40" x 21" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 30, $120

omgkitty

Get really excited when I see "ETAM CRU" and "prints" but they're never the ones I want.

EXACTLY....Their style is FANTASTIC and yet they never print what I want. I really want this one
yes I know it's actually just Bezt and not both of them

FTC23GS.jpg

Also meant to pick this one up but never have since the larger signed version is gone:

11353279464_d7fb38af59.jpg

Aaaaand it looks like you can't buy the open edition any more. Oh well. Actually I may just really like Bezt....

Filthy Slug

I went to the Rooster mural when I was in California, and it's by far the raddest mural I've ever seen. Beautifully clean lines; vivid image; perfect wall. Those two are super impressive, but yeah, it seems like the prints they choose usually aren't their best work for some reason.

Not my pic:
tumblr_nzpywkf54e1rq77b7o1_500.jpg

Top Bottom