• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

What number were you guys?

Numbers? I got there much too late to be associated with numbers. I am a human being dammit.

EXACTLY....Their style is FANTASTIC and yet they never print what I want. I really want this one
yes I know it's actually just Bezt and not both of them

FTC23GS.jpg

Also meant to pick this one up but never have since the larger signed version is gone:

11353279464_d7fb38af59.jpg

Aaaaand it looks like you can't buy the open edition any more. Oh well. Actually I may just really like Bezt....
oh my these are amazing

There are a bunch from the show that I want:
Betz, Betz, Betz, Sainer & Betz, Sainer, Sainer, Sainer.
These too. Damn

Honestly the face looks like what a James Jean drawn version of the character would look like. The whole print really looks like what I'd imagine a JJ interpretation of an Akira print would look like.

I love my Stout, but it really looks like he planned the layout and could just as well have taken stills from the film, it looks so much like the source material.

Both are great in their own right.

Luderico

Akira by James Jean. For me it looks more of an movie art print, if that makes sense. But fits his style. Not my cup of tea, but as long the commission group is happy...
600$. Jeez. Can't wait too see what the prices are when someone is selling.

Have still hope for a Ferris Bueller print. But Gallery 88 is mostly inspired art by the movie. Need a title maybe some credits and shit.

omgkitty

Ugly Dany + the horse is kinda the Hound
zfHvuco.jpg

I've never had an artist fall so far off my interest radar as NE did. I liked some of the early stuff he did like Charade, and yet he's somehow gotten worse and worse as time goes on. Maybe I just wised up and he was never great, but yeah he's done some really bad stuff.

Yep plenty of good stuff but also plenty of bad. It's hard to have any real enthusiasm from someone so hit or miss. I like this new one though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I can't imagine the feeling of paying into a commission like that and then have THAT be the end result.

I am quickly learning that commissions are a real gamble and can easily be a shitshow. I'm in one now that seems like a fucking molasses-y trainwreck.

Also, sometimes the people running commissions just do not have the best interest of the group.

Risible

I am quickly learning that commissions are a real gamble and can easily be a shitshow. I'm in one now that seems like a fucking molasses-y trainwreck.

Also, sometimes the people running commissions just do not have the best interest of the group.

I'm in a Stan and Vince one and am slowly realizing that I won't see the poster for a long, long time. I'm sure it'll be good once done, but I wasn't planning on a Kickstarter-length wait for the piece.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm in a Stan and Vince one and am slowly realizing that I won't see the poster for a long, long time. I'm sure it'll be good once done, but I wasn't planning on a Kickstarter-length wait for the piece.

Man, at least you have faith that yours is going to come out well.

That's usually why if I really end up liking a commission, I'll try to buy it off someone (but boy does that get pricey...)

In the case of Ise's The Princess Bride, if I had known the end result up front I would've thrown my money at the screen.

Risible

That's usually why if I really end up liking a commission, I'll try to buy it off someone (but boy does that get pricey...)

In the case of Ise's The Princess Bride, if I had known the end result up front I would've thrown my money at the screen.

Yeah, that Princess Bride is gonna be worth bank.

omgkitty

You should probably join every Ise commission offered until she shows something that isn't worth owning. She has yet to do so.

Filthy Slug

Agree with that--Ise's commissions have all been really excellent so far, and I'm in a handful of future ones. For some reason, those seem to run super smoothly, too.

omgkitty

THE FUCK?! Holy shit.

...you're in the Pulp Fiction one aren't you? :( So sad I missed that one.

Yep...and I'm even pretty sure I'm missing a couple. Honestly I feel like at least half of those will get cancelled for whatever reason. She keeps accepting commissions and eventually she's going to get real work from Mondo or whoever and will have to cancel some. I also feel like a bunch of the ones I'm in don't really match her style, but I guess we'll see.

I'm in 9. I'd be happy if half of those actually made it all the way. Her skill is undeniable, and she'll almost certainly have no choice but to slough off some of these small time projects when the big leagues come knocking.

ohkay

Man am I glad I never got into the whole Facebook groups thing and the commissions. I think I'm in like 6 right now, including Ise's MGS ones, and I'm happy with the ones I've seen and I'm sure I'll be happy with the ones I haven't too

Risible

Man am I glad I never got into the whole Facebook groups thing and the commissions. I think I'm in like 6 right now, including Ise's MGS ones, and I'm happy with the ones I've seen and I'm sure I'll be happy with the ones I haven't too

That Ise MGS one...drool.

Sushigod7

I can't imagine the feeling of paying into a commission like that and then have THAT be the end result.

We completely killed one I was in, didn't even print it because it was such utter garbage and the artist (James Harvey) refused to make revisions. Also threatened to not hand over the files because we asked for changes. HUGE ego and all around douche.

The entry price was ridiculous Stout is still better =)

We completely killed one I was in, didn't even print it because it was such utter garbage and the artist (James Harvey) refused to make revisions. Also threatened to not hand over the files because we asked for changes. HUGE ego and all around douche.

Makes me feel better that that's a thing people do.

I'm definitely on the lookout but am more interested in just getting commission tips from people here. Seems more solid that way.

Sushigod7

Makes me feel better that that's a thing people do.

I'm definitely on the lookout but am more interested in just getting commission tips from people here. Seems more solid that way.

There are good goups on FB for commissions with proven track records etc. Some are in it to make money and run it like a business most are actual fans doing it for free. Join some groups on FB and make friends you'll start to get into it.

Filthy Slug

The entry price was ridiculous Stout is still better =)

Wait, is this James Harvey the comic artist?

ohkay

There are good goups on FB for commissions with proven track records etc. Some are in it to make money and run it like a business most are actual fans doing it for free. Join some groups on FB and make friends you'll start to get into it.
I feel like we could use a GAF commission group

Top Bottom