• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

ruxtpin

Banned
Those minimalist game posters are fantastic. I've got a Bioshock poster which is done as an art-deco ad for the "Rapture Masquerade." And I'm debating on buying the Olly Moss "Last of Us", but I typically don't go for game posters - the ones pictured above are pretty ace though.

Arkotype

Thanks for all the kind words - I always think it's important to contextualise the work so I always make sure the framing / photography does it justice.

Here's a few more images from these projects + a few others:

FEZ --

A (very brief) making of video of the print:

https://vimeo.com/102932914

SMW --

I also produced a set of postcards (Which are now no longer available) --

SMWSC04a_1200.png

SMWSC08_1200.png

Spelunky --

I produced this print in two variants - 25 in white ink and 5 in metallic gold (this project had the blessing of Derek Yu, Spelunky's creator) - I'm still waiting to arrange a photo shoot of this print:

SPE-001-poster-1200_1200.png

SPE-2d_4_1200.png

NewZealand Story --

Produced this in a very limited run last year:

NZS-SC-002_1200.JPG

NZS001-02_2_1200.png

Why you do you say that? Are you telling me a junior became a full fledged member from a pins post? Man, that guy must have to hang his head in shame wherever he goes. I heard he was fired from his job because of it.

I have to live under them now. My children... so cold...
9y1T47N.jpg

It's corkboard glued to foamcore with black canvas stretched over the top. Holds very securely and you can move things around easily without leaving pinholes. I think i spent 10 bucks at hobby lobby for the whole thing.

Sushigod7

It's corkboard glued to foamcore with black canvas stretched over the top. Holds very securely and you can move things around easily without leaving pinholes. I think i spent 10 bucks at hobby lobby for the whole thing.

Great idea I'm running out of space already for mine may need to do this!

Risible

That's actually a neat idea, I've been trying to figure out how to display mine. This gives me some great ideas, thanks.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
In other news, on sale Wednesday, 3/30, at 1pm EST at Grey Matter Art:

"The Avengers" by Matt Ferguson
Size: 24x36
Printed by: Lady Lazarus

Regular Edition 175/50.00

Variant Edition 100/70.00

Foil Edition 75/100.00

nXPiXwY.jpg

6x9 Regular Edition Handbills: $8.00 each/$30.00 for the set

rxEHAIi.jpg

6x9 Variant Edition Handbills: $10.00 each/$35.00 for the set

Browny

Banned
Hmm... not feeling that Avengers at the moment - might change my mind in the cold light of day tomorrow, but to me it's a little weak, especially compared to his previous ones. And that's coming from a Ferguson fan.

Edit: his previous ones have great focus on the character. This one seems off, in that you've got the characters at the bottom - but it's not bottom-heavy enough to make it work.

omgkitty

This was finally announced:

911Tnml-ZfL._SL1500_.jpg

This is literally just like a super shitty version of a bunch of Mondo stuff as extras. Some post card size Mondo prints and a tiny Iron Giant figure. For something that seemingly no one wanted anything to do with on home video for years, I find it really strange that now they're selling a $75 CE version of it.

This is literally just like a super shitty version of a bunch of Mondo stuff as extras. Some post card size Mondo prints and a tiny Iron Giant figure. For something that seemingly no one wanted anything to do with on home video for years, I find it really strange that now they're selling a $75 CE version of it.

That's most likely due to Bird. His main beef before with the release of IG on Blu-Ray is that they wanted to just push a budget release out. So he kept sitting on it until they gave him the re-showing in theaters, then they sat on the Blu-ray that was supposed to release last year.

Something tells me he or WB wanted a huge CE to capitalize on nostalgia, so they just threw everything in there.

I've been waiting for the BR for years now. Buying the base edition whenever it's out.

ohkay

Well there's no foil version this time

Edit: spoke too soon only seeing what's on this page and without reading their novel length emails. Guess there is a foil

omgkitty

Ugh.... I guess I'll wait for the APs.

If this is going to be a thing, he should do North by Northwest next.

Yeah I think that one is weird because it's licensed by MGM in the US instead of Paramount so it's a different licensing situation. We really need a good North by Northwest print though. Also wish he'd redo Vertigo and Psycho......

Top Bottom