• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

omgkitty

I agree, my main problem is I hate hate hate posters covered in kanji (I think that's what Japanese writing is called, forgive me if I'm using the wrong term). :( Just a quirk peculiar to me, not sure why I dislike it so much.

edit: and yes, I'm aware of the irony of complaining about a Japanese film poster that has Japanese writing on it ;)

You and listerfeend should hang out. You both have poor taste in title preferences :D

You and listerfeend should hang out. You both have poor taste in title preferences :D

Just not a fan of hanging stuff with writing I can't read. Makes no sense. The Ferguson's have the English titles too, and they're perfect.

Also this:

Posted by Ise this morning:

DHOyXmq.jpg

IronRinn

Best thing by her so far. Would still love a line art version of this. Seems there are rumblings that she'll be doing something official soon. Interested to see what it will be.

Parch

Those were some dark fucking years, for real.
Comics and sportscards. The collectable scam suckered a lot of people.

I do hope lessons were learned and people are not buying these things as investments. The value is in how much you enjoy it as a decorator piece.
20K is not rare. 500 is rare. And even that doesn't guarantee collectable value.

Risible

Just not a fan of hanging stuff with writing I can't read. Makes no sense. The Ferguson's have the English titles too, and they're perfect.

Yeah, as I don't read Japanese it ends up looking like there's no title to me. I am very specific in what I like for my movie prints. It has to have title and credit blocks and the faces have to be perfect. If it doesn't have those things then I'm probably not going to like it. Doesn't mean it's a bad poster, it's just not for me.

I didn't post the Ise Priness Bride finished work because I didn't want to drive people insane with jealousy. :) It's fucking goooooorgeous.

Risible

I didn't want to open the bag to get my black Superman armband out. Remember the Image 0 coupons in all the #1s? I bought doubles of everything on my KFC part time paycheck. All 5 Jim Lee X-men #1 covers. It's all garbage now.
The whole experience taught me not to look at prints as investments.

I'm so glad I was too old for all that. I collected comics in the 70s and 80s, and missed out on all the variant covers and all the other bullshit. It's sad how little all of that stuff is worth.

And I agree with you, anyone collecting prints as an investment is out of their minds. I've made a lot of money selling, but I have no illusions that any of them might be worth anything in ten years time.

IronRinn

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Pairing Connelly with Silent Hill is perfect.

From the Mashable article:

There's more to come from Mondo's Konami partnership. In July, San Diego Comic-Con attendees will be able to purchase a limited edition vinyl pressing of the original Castlevania soundtrack (featuring art by Cloonan) and a statue inspired by Ayami Kojima's art from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Fans can expect additional soundtrack releases on vinyl at later dates, for Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV and Symphony of the Night. Vinyl soundtracks for Contra(!!) and Silent Hill are also coming.

That Super Castlevania IV is mine.

I don't buy vinyl. But I'll buy a vinyl Silent Hill OST. I'll be going after that reg nurse hard. The katakana on the variant looks generic and kind of terrible.

For real, I can't think of anyone else who would be better suited, maybe Ortiz.
Yep, that'd do it for me

Yeah yeah yeah.

For real, I can't think of anyone else who would be better suited, maybe Ortiz. I am so going to grab one, if I can.

Also, timely kanji on the variant.

If you go way, way back to when we were first kicking around ideas for our first commission I recommended Ortiz for Silent Hill and emailed him and he was super into the idea. We went with MGS in the end.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'd be into an Ortiz Silent Hill.

Also, I think Ansin would be rad on a Metal Gear Solid print.

I'm trying so hard not to buy this. It's actually my phone background right now and killing me, but I'm running out of wall space and my new roommates are not a fan of some of my prints (funny enough all artist prints by my friends).

Just framed my two Timothy pittides vices prints yesterday, waiting now for the third to finish the set. Couldn't even wait to hang them up above my bed, meaning there's a huge gap that's driving me crazy.... I'll post pics later.

Becky Cloonan needs to start drawing comics again. Her prints are getting less and less interesting as she goes. I love her art, but her recent prints have been rather uninspired.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Becky Cloonan needs to start drawing comics again. Her prints are getting less and less interesting as she goes. I love her art, but her recent prints have been rather uninspired.
She's hit or miss. That goes for her prints and her comic work.

omgkitty

I like Becky Cloonan's work, but she's never done anything I would want to buy. If Mondo wants to get a kickass female artist to do some work for them, they need to get Fiona Staples. Or Stephanie Hans. Or Marguerite Sauvage.

Mondo comic artist wish list:

Mike del Mundo
Sean Murphy
Sean Phillips
Matteo Scalera
Fiona Staples

I'd also Mike Mignola to do a good print for them. Bride of Frankenstein......was weird, even for him.

I like Becky Cloonan's work, but she's never done anything I would want to buy. If Mondo wants to get a kickass female artist to do some work for them, they need to get Fiona Staples. Or Stephanie Hans. Or Marguerite Sauvage.

Sauvage for sure. Her work is crazy good.

LaneDS

Thanks y'all. Will post contents when they arrive. I usually shy away from the mystery tubes these days (also trying to save money) but I really like a lot of his (?) city pieces and the one in a hundred chance of the golden ticket commission was hard to pass up.

Meter at the bottom has 16 left, I think.

That's awesome. Mad rush for the remaining few in a minute, good luck!

Luderico

Congrats guys. Really interested what the golden ticket winner will commission. Sadly out of funds or i would have bought a mistery too. Like most of Raids stuff.

Me too! It's my first mystery tube, and it seems like he was offering a solid selection of prints.

I also grabbed one. Really excited actually. I like a lot of his stuff but couldnt ever commit to buying one. I like to see the mystery tube as fate deciding which of his prints I get. Plus I like a surprise!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Didn't jump on the Raid71 tube sale (bought an original at MoCCA so I should take it easy for awhile) but he had a lot of solid stuff available.

Definitely post pics when you guys get yours.

Top Bottom