• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

omgkitty

I don't love that print, but on another note, there are several Suspiria prints I love and yet I've never seen it. Landland's is my favorite:

DALL01-2.jpg

I don't love that print, but on another note, there are several Suspiria prints I love and yet I've never seen it.

I really dig the Malleus/Argento series in general. The movies themselves are pretty divisive, usually a love em or hate em thing. I would recommend you give them a try though.

edit: why double post the landland lol

omgkitty

Really makes me sad I still don't own a Landland print. They either need to do more movie posters or some good bands need to commission them.

IronRinn

The Landland is pretty great, too. Suspiria is fucking great (the soundtrack is fantastic).

I will say this, something is up with the eyes on the Tobin. But I'm still liking it.

Luderico

Yeah Tobin is really on fire, long way since Die Hard. The only recent one i didn't like was Black Swan, only one of my favorite movies but fuck it. But this, great print. Like it the more i see it.

IronRinn

Nice, was just gonna post those. Thanks, lister!

Fucking Ansin is such a god damn tease. Jerk.

Edit: Unrelated, my Roamcouch just arrived.

omgkitty

To a certain extent, it makes sense why exactly this was rejected. Ghibli is very strict about how their properties are used, and putting them all together in an airport kinda goes against what they do. I think it's cool, but I understand why they would reject this.

Browny

Banned
I think I'll be in on that Raid... made easier by the fact that I won't be playing with a shitty slinky when it drops.

ohkay

To a certain extent, it makes sense why exactly this was rejected. Ghibli is very strict about how their properties are used, and putting them all together in an airport kinda goes against what they do. I think it's cool, but I understand why they would reject this.
Yeah, I get why it was cancelled, but it's still sad knowing it had a chance to be printed

omgkitty

Very nice print. Never heard of the movie and will probably never watch it though, pretty much like every print Jay Shaw's done in the past year :\

Tomorrow, Friday, April 8th on Mondo:

Darling by Jay Shaw. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered edition of 75. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $35
Love the print and will probably see thre movie. Upset that these prints are coming out before the film release. Just saw midnight special with a friend who picked up the print while I held off. Ended up loving the film and regret not snagging it when I had the chance (and money).

Friday the final Tim pittides vices print comes out, but got an email for early purchase yesterday. Waiting for tomorrow's payday to place my order.

Edit: just pulled up the midnight special print. I really blew it y'all. :[

IronRinn

Love the print and will probably see thre movie. Upset that these prints are coming out before the film release. Just saw midnight special with a friend who picked up the print while I held off. Ended up loving the film and regret not snagging it when I had the chance (and money).

Friday the final Tim pittides vices print comes out, but got an email for early purchase yesterday. Waiting for tomorrow's payday to place my order.

Edit: just pulled up the midnight special print. I really blew it y'all. :[

You should be able to find Midnight Special near cost, I would think.

IronRinn

Today, Friday April 8th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Tim Pittedes "Gimme Some Sugar" and Mark Englert Ratchet & Clank print/vinyl packages.

16" x 20", 4 color metallic screen print, 48 hour timed edition ends at 12pm ET Sunday, April 10th, $25

36" x 12", 6 color screen print, numbered edition of 350 (not sure how many Mark got) and 180-gram translucent orange vinyl, $75

omgkitty

It's a good print, for one of my all time favorite franchises...but I also know it will never make the wall. Pass for me too.

Yep it's kinda that thing of like I'd love a Ratchet print, but I think this is probably the best I'd ever get to something I'd ever want, and I don't want it haha

IronRinn

Spoke Art:
Tomorrow (Friday) [April 1st] morning at approximately 10am [PST], we'll be releasing two new prints by @zzzoltron and @richeybeckett in our online store. Originally debuted at C2E2 in Chicago last month, quantities are super limited, good luck!
J4g4WYa.jpg
I'm trying so hard not to buy this. It's actually my phone background right now and killing me, but I'm running out of wall space and my new roommates are not a fan of some of my prints (funny enough all artist prints by my friends).

Just framed my two Timothy pittides vices prints yesterday, waiting now for the third to finish the set. Couldn't even wait to hang them up above my bed, meaning there's a huge gap that's driving me crazy.... I'll post pics later.
I don't want to peer-pressure you but this is still available and mine came in and I didn't realize that the helmet, the metal on her headdress and belt, and the leaves and pine cones are printed in a metallic copper ink and it is fucking awesome.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Stealth brag?
Kidding!

I'm not surprised. People love the series and Englert did a really good job. Instantly recalls the beginning of the series.

well, last time we did prints for the 10th anniversary, the Creaturebox one sold out in like 8 hours.

Obviously Mark has a way bigger fanbase of poster collectors and the Ratchet fans are on fire right now, but it was still nice to see.

I am surreptitiously working another artist to do one, mainly by sending him an early copy of the game haha

IronRinn

well, last time we did prints for the 10th anniversary, the Creaturebox one sold out in like 8 hours.

Obviously Mark has a way bigger fanbase of poster collectors and the Ratchet fans are on fire right now, but it was still nice to see.

I am surreptitiously working another artist to do one, mainly by sending him an early copy of the game haha

Ah, I see what you mean.

Hahaha, that's awesome.

I don't want to peer-pressure you but this is still available and mine came in and I didn't realize that the helmet, the metal on her headdress and belt, and the leaves and pine cones are printed in a metallic copper ink and it is fucking awesome..

crap. i'll wait until tomorrow to order it. If it's still available, it's meant to be. The variant is nice, but mustard yellow is my favorite color <3

Edit: it's 4am, just purchased the final Pittides piece and way more unsure than I thought I'd be. I can't decide on which Beckett version. It'll be nearly Beckett it follows poster... The variant would Match more, but that mustard.... UGH

Top Bottom