• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Thankfully my favorite artist is still vibrant and fresh as ever. Slaying the Itunes charts besting One Direction and even Sam Hunt at the moment in the top 20. I am so thankful.

0f792204c3.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
rhat stringing the nvay along like they're mice.
but seeing as how they've been spewing nothing but rhat poison for the past couple of years it's not surprising to see karma finally biting their asses.

DROWN IN HELL nvay rhats ahhhhhh.

britney-vma-gif-sammaffiaonline.com_.gif

eek tea

remember when they tried to drag The Lord who remains unscathed by the presence of Adele and does not rely on gimmicks to sell her music, rhat should learn the best way to keep a fanbase intrigued is by releasing good music. Unfortunately that's never happening

Floridian

The Apple gimmick, the premiere every music video at award shows gimmick, the "Spotify is evil" Gimmick, the "switch to max martin pop" gimmick. The whole 1989 era was a huge gimmick. Swifties continue to have no self-awareness.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
those are not gimmicks its smart marketing that rewards the fans while creating iconic moments and makes the era memorable, not to mention all of that was done after 1989 had received most of its sales

sorry Rhat has yall chasing keys on your Samsued phone or whatever desperate Nintendo like gimmick she has yall doing for sales and relevancy

Floridian

those are not gimmicks its smart marketing that rewards the fans while creating iconic moments and makes the era memorable, not to mention all of that was done after 1989 had received most of its sales

sorry Rhat has yall chasing keys on your Samsued phone or whatever desperate Nintendo like gimmick she has yall doing for sales and relevancy

Those "smart marketing" tactics are still gimmicks, no matter how you want to word it. Now if folks want to spend their time on that Diary (cuz lord knows I won't), then that's their decision. Some find it pointless, some find it actually enjoyable & engaging.

ANTi itself will be infamously memorable for its tactics, and for the music? I cannot say yet, gotta wait & see.

rhandino

Banned

Already forgetting all the lead up to 1989 with totally not staged photos of Hitlord in random parks listening music and giving coins to random street artists, those "criptic" pictures and videos of her hitting button on elevators, twitting random numbers, etc.. and THEN the Yahoo event where she revealed her POP DEBUT BECAUSE OMG! I DON'T NEED THOSE COUNTRY COINS ANYMORE!

I admit though that, unlike Rih, the Aryan one promo machine was quick and impeccable but let's simply noT pretend that she doesn't used gimmicks.

I want to be seen green
Wouldn't be caught dead, red
'Cause if you are seen green
It means you got mean bread
zUVIrlR.gif

You've got to be seen green
To show that you're stuff's layed
If you're not seen green
You better be wearing jade

I want to be seen green
Wouldn't be caught dead, red
'Cause if you are seen green
It means you got mean bread
zUVIrlR.gif

You've got to be seen green
To show that you're stuff's layed
If you're not seen green
You better be wearing jade

The Wiz, such a timeless classic. Loved that scene. Wonder how it was done on the NBC live version, which I hear was actually really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom