• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasser

But she looks 60 in that photo...

image.jpg

It's my favourite but rank-wise, Americano ruins it. The Fame's better than both TFM and BTW. I require being able to listen start to finish in my definition of greatness.

Honestly The Fame is the least consistent of her four albums to me. It has some ridiculously well done songs and then veers off into really derivative stuff. Weirdly I think ARTPOP is probably her most consistent even if overall it's more of a B- album than an A. TFM is an EP so it's consistent coz it needs to be. BTW sounds like the work of someone with a million ideas in her head so I appreciate the breadth though the middle third could have used some chopping. FOHL especially could have used it.

I'm still of the mindset that Gaga's single most brilliant moments musically were on the BTW album, though I appreciate TFM's reputation as inarguably great, coz it is. BTW is just riskier, dirtier. She could have played it safe and released something predictable to eliminate any risk of fallback, but instead she decided to make more challenging material that spoke to her. Adele would never.

rhandino

Banned
Not Square-Enix serving an ANTi sized mess... the meltdowns are glorious!

fzpKFxt.gif

And speaking of glorious things, I was listening that Erykah Baduh mixtape. I like it a lot so let me wash away the slime with it again.

rhandino

Banned
Wait for LG4 and see some saying Artpop was the best album by Gaga and LG4 is garbage. I can feel it already.
Why wait? This kind of awfull opinions are posted here everyday...

iKoXOxJ.gif

I want Gaga to release new music so we can drag/stan that thing instead of being stuck in 2013...
could be nice if Rhat also decided to drop too...

BowieZ

Banned
I'm impressed to see my local home city artist Grace (Brisbane, Australia) sitting at #3 on the UK charts (after dominating in Australia a few months ago).

What does PopGAF think of her "You Don't Own Me" remake (feat. G-Eazy)?

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DosIvd-FdhI )

I hated it at first but there's something dark and addictive about it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just finished watching Charli XCX The F Word And Me and it was an interesting to see their views on the matter but I feel there should had been mainstream artists also talking about it besides Marina, Ryn Weaver, Liz and most people who are not exactly too popular. I recommend it.

Mau ®

Just finished watching Charli XCX The F Word And Me and it was an interesting to see their views on the matter but I feel there should had been mainstream artists also talking about it besides Marina, Ryn Weaver, Liz and most people who are not exactly too popular. I recommend it.

Where can I watch?

Mau ®

The fact that Coldplay's music is now worse than Maroon 5's has me contemplating suicide. How could my Kings betray me like this?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Re listened to BTW today and I liked every track, even Electric Chapel, Bad Kids, Hair and You and I
That's never happened before, not even when it just released
Slay a bit gaga

Styles

Mau ®;188249090 said:
The fact that Coldplay's music is now worse than Maroon 5's has me contemplating suicide. How could my Kings betray me like this?

You still have rhat to look forward to, bro.

Floridian

Grammy Nominees

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Sound & Color
Alabama Shakes

To Pimp A Butterfly
Kendrick Lamar

Traveller
Chris Stapleton

Taylor Swift

Beauty Behind The Madness
The Weeknd

SONG OF THE YEAR

Alright
Track from: To Pimp A Butterfly

Blank Space
Track from: 1989

Girl Crush
Track from: Pain Killer

See You Again
Track from: Furious 7: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Thinking Out Loud
Track from: X

RECORD OF THE YEAR

Really Love
D'Angelo And The Vanguard

Uptown Funk
Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars

Thinking Out Loud
Ed Sheeran

Blank Space
Taylor Swift

Can't Feel My Face
The Weeknd

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE

Heartbeat Song
Kelly Clarkson

Love Me Like You Do
Ellie Goulding

Thinking Out Loud
Ed Sheeran

Blank Space
Taylor Swift

Can't Feel My Face
The Weeknd

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE

Ship To Wreck
Florence + The Machine

Sugar
Maroon 5

Uptown Funk
Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars

Bad Blood
Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar

See You Again
Wiz Khalifa Featuring Charlie Puth

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM

Piece By Piece
Kelly Clarkson

How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
Florence + The Machine

Uptown Special
Mark Ronson

Taylor Swift

Before This World
James Taylor

Carly/Rih/Tinashe got completely snubbed. Smh

Mau ®

Taylor is not winning before the usual pressed come with their poison.

Nevertheless, all of The Lord's albums since Fearless have been nominated for Alberm of The Year. None of your faves have been bestowed with this much praise and acclaim in their lives. And they probably never will.

Floridian

Bjork could get her first grammy at last. Hmm @ Justin also having Skrillex potentionally helping him get his first one too.

I knew Emotion was overrated to the high heavens but the fact that they nominated the forgettable Piece by Piece over it is funny to me.

rhandino

Banned
Bjork better get her first Grammy this time, she should have gotten one if only for the gift that was Pagan Poetry, also Piece by Piece is excellent so I hope you all listened to it.

Oh! at the White Supremacist-lite song from the Aryan one getting so many nominations...

1st song of the year:

Sucker - Charli XCX

Top artists:
Carly Rae Jepsen 1,308 streams
Grimes 689 streams
Giorgio Moroder 596 streams
Years & Years 585 streams
Zella Day 565 streams

Top albums:
Emotion - Carly Rae Jepsen 996 streams
Communion - Years & Years 412 streams
White Noise - Pvris 409 streams
Racine Carrée - Stromae 395 streams
Kicker - Zella Day 364 streams

Top tracks:
Deja vu - Giorgio Moroder 486 streams
Entropy - Grimes 416 streams
Holy - Pvris 407 streams
Trouble - Neon Jungle 371 streams
Papaoutai - Stromae 335 streams

Top genres:
Pop
Dance pop
Synthpop
Indietronica
Teen pop

81,000 minutes - 1345 hours - 56 days
507 artists
1,891 tracks

Carly won (my personal year end Spotify stats.)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I hope Florence snatches
HBHBHB is just a stunning album
Nominated for pop and for rock, when will your one genre faves?

Kendrick and the Weeknd are gonna sweep, Taylor will probably have the pop categories on lock

Gaga managing to get a nomination in her off year, slay a bit

Matt_

Oooop at Lana getting snubbed too

Matt_

No nomination for Azealia either
which is an actual shame given that its a fantastic album

So much for the "Acclaim@!!". It can sit with Carly in the only-metacritic-relevant section.

Now now, the general public and the grammy committee have already done enough on poor carly without you hating too

Floridian

Now now, the general public and the grammy committee have already done enough on poor carly without you hating too
I'm not hating on Carly. Just saying that's all Honeymoon & Emotion are going to be known for. Being Upper mid-70 meta score pop albums that were snubbed by the media & the majority of the public.

SaintZ

Oooop at Lana getting snubbed too
Did you really expected a nomination?

Lana has only scored a nomination for Paradise (of all things) in the Best Pop Vocal Album category. Young and Beautiful got nominated as well and of course the Summertime Sadness remix won (but Cedric Diggory got the award not Lana). The Grammy comitee isn't a fan of ha.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm not hating on Carly. Just saying that's all Honeymoon & Emotion are going to be known for. Being Upper mid-70 meta score pop albums that were snubbed by the media & the majority of the public.

And HEW would want to be associated with an organization that awards artists like Rihanna and Macklemore for their music? I'll take that Upper mid-70 meta score instead tyvm.

yP9yPGk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom