• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
They announced the wrong winner, then took all the crown/flower/etc from her after correcting it
kmgvw0m.gif

Okay, POPGAF, recommend me some music. Christmas is almost here, and I know I'm going to be getting gift cards. I got all the albums I want from artists that are popular, but not from any that aren't. So, if you want, please post some albums that you listen to that are great but are from artists that don't get played on the radio. Thanks.

rhandino

Banned
Okay, POPGAF, recommend me some music. Christmas is almost here, and I know I'm going to be getting gift cards. I got all the albums I want from artists that are popular, but not from any that aren't. So, if you want, please post some albums that you listen to that are great but are from artists that don't get played on the radio. Thanks.
Wondaland presents: The Eephus
v6TvFTw.png

Susan Sundfor - Ten Love Songs
F9itvw1.jpg

Carly Rae Jepsen - E Mo Tion
d0GRwtN.png

Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece
Mdsyxik.png

Halsey - Badlands
kRHOEvw.png

Hillary Duff - Breath In. Breath Out. (Only if you want some bubblegum and inoffensive pop)
WLU1uYM.png

f(x) - 4 Walls (It's K-pop but it's also one of the best pop albums released this year)
OAtut0Q.jpg

And I hope you already have the new hymnal released by Miss Janet Jackson: Unbreakable.
78m9jo4.png

Lana Del Rey- Godlymoon

Grimes- Art Angels

Years & Years- Communion

Phreaker

Congrats to Adele for her longest running #1, which now ties Fantasy for a song to debut at #1 and stay there for 8 weeks.

Billboard said:
It's notable that "Hello" has spent its first eight weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100. It ties for the fourth-longest stretch that a No. 1-debuting song has stayed at the summit. Here's a look at the hits to link the most consecutive weeks atop the Hot 100 from their debuts at No. 1:

16 weeks, "One Sweet Day," Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men, 1995-96
14 weeks, "Candle in the Wind" / "Something About the Way You Look Tonight," Elton John, 1997-98
11 weeks, "I'll Be Missing You," Puff Daddy & Faith Evans feat. 112, 1997
8 weeks, "Hello," Adele, 2015
8 weeks, "Fantasy," Mariah Carey, 1995

Also, Adele's '25' is the biggest-selling album released Since 2011, that 2011 album was Adele's own '21'. In its first four weeks of release '25' has sold 5.98 million copies.

winthumbs-upadelehappy-gifapprove.gif

rhandino

Banned
Congrats to Adele for her longest running #1, which now ties Fantasy for a song to debut at #1 and stay there for 8 weeks.

Also, Adele's '25' is the biggest-selling album released Since 2011, that 2011 album was Adele's own '21'. In its first four weeks of release '25' has sold 5.98 million copies.

I do remember when people expected 25 to not sell as much as 21.

UkMvR7i.gif

I know for a fact that in the coming weeks/months a musician we all know will be releasing a new album. Bookmark this and gag when you realize how accurate I was

Touchdown

Banned

oh tea. I forgot how much of a slay Fantasy truly was.

Awkhwjw.gif

Willow Smith's new album is a pretentious heap of junk. Like wtf, she's definitely Will's offspring.

I think the fact that she managed to (as far as I know) write and produce an album by herself is a feat, but it's absolute garbage. And you know them third eye, crystal collecting, incense burning types on tumblr be living for this shit lmaooo

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This trend of exclusive videos to apple music needs to die immediately

edit; Hands to myself suffers from the same thing as Focus for me. Love the prechorus but the chorus does nothing for me

I don't know any acts that aren't popular. If you want artists that don't need radio play, get into the King of Christmas: Sufjan Stevens. He just happened to release the Best Album of 2015. Unlike some of these holiday hoes both his Christmas classics are sincere jams that he don't need to prop up his legacy. He gets prolific praise 12 months of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom