• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Well isn't this a kiiiiiiii

Brenda K Star's daughter auditioned on American Idol.... Brenda k mart's claim to fame is her I Still Believe song. Mariah was her backup singer before she became Legend M. She came into the audition and J Lo said "remember when you tried teaching me to sing"... and now Mariah's version of I Still Believe is charting on the R&B charts. kiiiiiiiii

nnnn Mariah stays winning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LBF-OhiMKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZG2duVte4

tumblr_m5xul627Ys1qd5rn2o2_250.gif

Well isn't this a kiiiiiiii

Brenda K Star's daughter auditioned on American Idol.... Brenda k mart's claim to fame is her I Still Believe song. Mariah was her backup singer before she became Legend M. She came into the audition and J Lo said "remember when you tried teaching me to sing"... and now Mariah's version of I Still Believe is charting on the R&B charts. kiiiiiiiii

nnnn Mariah stays winning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LBF-OhiMKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZG2duVte4

tumblr_m5xul627Ys1qd5rn2o2_250.gif
80s throwback tbh

Time to pull up some #stats then:
TylZbBi.png

Meanwhile...
W5nc8v7.png

OH!
GtQv6QM.png

Even BEYONCE:
tcX1WDN.png

Also I tried to pull up pages on Charli XCX and Natalia Kills but they don't exist... oops!

And speaking of Payola... let us never forget
xvntomq.png

MOIPrY7.gif

Don't let the door hit any of you on the way out! <3

Aguila

#ICONIC
TylZbBi.png

Meanwhile...
W5nc8v7.png

OH!
GtQv6QM.png

Even BEYONCE:
tcX1WDN.png

Also I tried to pull up pages on Charli XCX and Natalia Kills but they don't exist... oops!

xvntomq.png

MOIPrY7.gif

This only proves that Gags payolaed her way to more awards and that you're running the Hits 93 Twitter account.

Phreaker

I totally thought this was Brenda singing with Mariah doing backing BUT it turns out it's all Mariah, just the main vocal up-pitched with Mariah's normal backing vocals. Here's the corrected pitch version.

I have never heard of that song, I don't think Brenda ever pretended to have recorded it. However, Brenda K Starr did sing her own songs, proof: I Still Believe (live), What You See Is What You Get (live) and just because I love it Breakfast In Bed (video) (YAAAS!)

I was a big fan of Brenda and saw her a few times at small venues and Magic Mountain, back in the day when Mariah was her backup singer.

3phemeral

I have never even heard of that song, I don't think Brenda ever pretended to have recorded it. However, Brenda K Starr did sing her own songs, proof: I Still Believe (live),

It was mostly fan speculation. The lead vocal didn't sound like Mariah and it only further mislead by having Mariah's non-altered vocals near the 2-minute mark. So most fans assumed that the lead was Brenda. I only learned about the song's pitch being altered today.

And ::dead:: at the twink with the blue crop top and navy hat on the bottom right.

The Flop

Banned
TylZbBi.png

Meanwhile...
W5nc8v7.png

OH!
GtQv6QM.png

Even BEYONCE:
tcX1WDN.png

xvntomq.png

MOIPrY7.gif

tumblr_nagxttJJr11qzwh14o1_r1_500.gif

Give those jealous [ R E A C T E D ] the receipts.

There is no evidence to suggest Gaga having payola.

People are just scared/nervous of Gaga being back at the top.

Y'all should be grateful, at least we are not hearing Taylor anymore.

Touchdown

Banned
TylZbBi.png

Meanwhile...
W5nc8v7.png

OH!
GtQv6QM.png

Even BEYONCE:
tcX1WDN.png

xvntomq.png

MOIPrY7.gif

oop, all tea. Let them know
67d90ee8.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
OMG Megan is unhinged
yooZwA.gif

I hope she is ok
and I hope she becomes tight with New York

Touchdown

Banned
OMG Megan is unhinged
yooZwA.gif

I hope she is ok
and I hope she becomes tight with New York

I am shocked Tiff is keeping her cool up to this point, she's been a smart player so far, popping off only to let 'em know not to mess with her, and I don't think she is going to associate with Megan though because the house is now somewhat divided over her after her tantrum.

newyorkiwanttofckyou3uzs0.gif

Alright guys, let's do the album sales prediction game for 2016 like we did in 2013!! If you wanna play, go ahead and post what you predict the first week sales will be for the following artists this year:

Rihanna
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Lorde

I'll put them on a spreadsheet and keep it updated. I wanna see which eras exceed expectations and which... don't. :p

Touchdown

Banned
Alright guys, let's do the album sales prediction game for 2016 like we did in 2013!! If you wanna play, go ahead and post what you predict the first week sales will be for the following artists this year:

Rihanna
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Lorde

I'll put them on a spreadsheet and keep it updated. I wanna see which eras exceed expectations and which... don't. :p

ok lets see

Rihanna - 220k
Katy Perry - 189k
Lady Gaga - 201k
Beyonce - 260k
Britney Spears - 120k
Christina Aguilera - 45k
Lorde - 50k
Mariah Carey - 301k

botty

Banned
leona lewis' I AM tour already sold out over a month in advancE~

untitled-1150q1m.gif

This is the venue and its maximum capacity for each of Leona's stops.

Liverpool Empire Theatre - 2,348
Sheffield City Hall - 2,271
Manchester Bridgewater Hall - 2,400
Sage Gateshead - 2,200
Bournemouth International Centre - 4,045
Symphony Hall - 2,262
Bristol Colton Hall - 2,075
St David's Hall - 2,000
London Palladium - 2,286
Regent Theatre - 1,551
Clyde Auditorium - 3,000
Nottingham Royal Concert Hall - 2,499