• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;193122291 said:
FourFiveSeconds turns one year old today!

ANTi nowhere to be seen.

3xz2BEJVjELRy1uHUA.gif

omg it's been a year already?? MIAMTEC teas

978869mccryingidol2.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The producer/writer Zayn's lead single is done with, MakeYouKnowLove, is alright. Red is pretty good if a little vanilla

Frodo

I love the "it's not slut shaming" brigade trying to convince everyone that it is not slut shaming when there were more than a few times where the words "ho", "whore" and things like "wife material" were thrown around.

Someone coming to a thread and saying that a girl is not wife material when the only thing they know about her is that she has had a threesome sometime in her life. If that is not slut shaming then I don't know what is. Thank gawd that clusterfuck is closed. Makes it easier for me not to get banned.

gZadPUI.gif

:|

But let us talk about good things. ANTi. When is it coming out?

rhandino

Banned
The fact that the OP of that thread had Quiet avatar...

gZadPUI.gif

and not FourFiveSeconds celebrating a 1 year anniversary while we are still ANTiless. The world is not fair tbh

3xz2BEJVjELRy1uHUA.gif

rhandino

Banned
Why are you all paying Lorde dust? I can totally see ha selling at least 250k or even more if she copies the The Lord formula and her album is full of libel and "sad memories" about her ex-boyfriend.

wd72lze.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rih - 190
Katy - 230
Gaga -310
Beyonce - 420
Britney - 110
Christina - 55
Lorde - 140

Anyone got the results of the last one we did? predicting sales for artpop and others?
I remember my prediction be 760k or something :rip

Matt_

Found it

0CODN1q.png

For reference

Beyonce did - 630k
Artpop did - 258k
Britney Jean did - 107k
20/20 did - 968k

Majmun

My Bey prediction. What kind of nostradamus? Only 20k off

My new predictions:

Rih - 250k
Katy - 210k
Gaga - 450k
Beyonce - 600k
Britney - 100k
Christina - 101k
Lorde - 200k

rhandino

Banned
The fact that Self-titled sold 617,000 in less than 3 days with total sales around the 5 million mark while ARTPOP struggled to sell 250,000 in a week with sales now at 2 million.

c373b88ca4.gif

rhandino

Banned
Let's not because it can't be worse than last year Grammys and Queen Beaver is going to slay.

7RzZZUi.gif

I mean, we had a Grammys show were Lady Gaga + Tony Bennet, Madonna, Adam Levine + Gwen Stefani, Katy Perry and Beyonce performed and the show was the most boring music award show that I have ever seen.

Frodo

Jyhp3h5.png

Take a few minutes of your day to appreciate how much the Grammys have fallen:

This is one performance from 1989 Grammys. Rush to 3:23 if you just want the part where she drags all your faves' efforts ever effortlessly through the mud and back. You might need to tilt your monitor slightly to the right.

When will we be blessed by someone like this again?

Frodo

I'm more of a contralto kind of guy, tbh.

One of the reason I like Whitney is that she had a deep voice, and she knew how to project, and most importantly, when to project. She could hit high notes, but she also knew when to use them. It is not only about hitting the notes, otherwise you'd be all staning Georgia Brown, it is about having the musicality to know how to use them to add emotion to the performance.

Xtina is one that clearly overdoes that. That girl, besides having a beautiful voice, does the same. It is nice, but it is also tiring. Honestly. No shade.

Edit: for full disclosure, no one is immune to oversinging, and Whitney herself has done that quite a few times, but overall she nailed most performances.

I'm more of a contralto kind of guy, tbh.

One of the reason I like Whitney is that she had a deep voice, and she knew how to project, and most importantly, when to project. She could hit high notes, but she also knew when to use them. It is not only about hitting the notes, otherwise you'd be all staning Georgia Brown, it is about having the musicality to know how to use them to add emotion to the performance.

Xtina is one that clearly overdoes that. That girl, besides having a beautiful voice, does the same. It is nice, but it is also tiring. Honestly. No shade.
sestra, the fact that you even gave ha the time of day in a thread that can only be bothered to discuss a singer who hasn't released anything worthwhile since November 18, 2009 is enough.

Though I liken her more to Patti than to Xtina because her showy vocal moments never lose a sense of actually being connected to a song.

I agree that she can sometimes go off the deep end (she's a gospel singer after all), so I make sure I'm hungry before I listen :p

Hey Loony I was wondering what were your thoughts on Davichi - Cry Again. That is if you have time to listen to it or if you have heard it of course.
oo I haven't heard this before

I love the constant sort of "clicking" in the verses. And I have a weakness for both triangles and dewey Korean men with fang-like sideburns lbr

It reminds me of Don't Forget Me with that music video feels

korean vids sure know how to hit you in the gut ;____;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
oo I haven't heard this before

I love the constant sort of "clicking" in the verses. And I have a weakness for both triangles and dewey Korean men with fang-like sideburns lbr

It reminds me of Don't Forget Me with that music video feels

korean vids sure know how to hit you in the gut ;____;

They have stepped their game delivering drama vocally and the emotional performances. Don't Forget Me is also a great track. When will the West? TBH

Got any thoughts on Taeyeon? Besides the girl looking like Square Enix CG obviously.

Was that the album that had Your Body attached to it? Hmm, maybe I did inflate it a little bit but she could make a slight comeback with the right material.

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom