• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

I'm not mad at all. You all know I love Rihanna so much. But I know it's a fucking joke bc she doesn't NEED this. She's a top-seller superstar.

Also you guys always bring the princess of pop whenever i post about anything as a way to "drag" me. It's sad cause you only drag yourselves. Britney achieved everything out there & doesn't need to prove anything anymore 😊

Bringing up Brit's struggles aren't self-drags, it's reality. "Achieve everything out there" yet she can't even get a Superbowl Halftime Headline before her peers. She's still in vegas, still can't perform at the Grammys, and still making poor decisions. Like I said, #pray4B9.

Wow, 7 RIAA certified platinum albums and 6 green albums on metacritic. Legend!

Icon even.

1385353545720_599.gif

Nasser

Bringing up Brit's struggles aren't self-drags, it's reality. "Achieve everything out there" yet she can't even get a Superbowl Halftime Headline before her peers. She's still in vegas, still can't perform at the Grammys, and still making poor decisions. Like I said, #pray4B9.

She already did all of those..... and more. And yes Pray4B9. Now, if only Samsung would buy those Anti Tour tickets.

Floridian

She already did all of those..... and more. And yes Pray4B9. Now, if only Samsung would buy those Anti Tour tickets.

Since when did she headline? Being a guest and only have a minute of "singing" doesn't count as headlining a halftime.

And yeah, only one time back in 2000 did she perform at the Grammys, which was so panned that they didn't even invite her ever again.

You can claim you have "love" for Rihanna yet when you try to sneak your shade & "drags" in at any given moment it comes off as transparent. Now only if Britney can get out of Vegas and have a chance to tour globally again.

MrV4ltor

Man, fuck your pride, just take it on back, boy
Take it on back boy, take it back all night
Just take it on back, take it on back
Mmm, do what you gotta do, keep me up all night
Hurting bad man, and it hurts inside when I look you in your eye

What are you willing to do?
Oh, tell me what you’re willing to do?
Kiss it, kiss it better, baby

s8kM2tO.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man, fuck your pride, just take it on back, boy
Take it on back boy, take it back all night
Just take it on back, take it on back
Mmm, do what you gotta do, keep me up all night
Hurting bad man, and it hurts inside when I look you in your eye

s8kM2tO.gif

Iconic
e1bed4d8fa.gif

I guess I'm a Rihanna fan now :eek: I've come such a long way

That said I'm hoping she continues this musical trend which I know isn't what most people want from her, so this might be a one-off stanning situation. lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
literally everything about it and that era was iconic, for good reasons or not

Frodo

When listening to Blackout just try to remember when it actually came out. The fact that it still sounds contemporary in a age where albums feel old after a couple of years say a lot.

Great albern.

The amount of hate Britney Jean gets...

... Thought it was just a joke but after listening to it... Damn I didn't want to believe it was a bad album but lol. Also why is Britney still in Vegas? Shouldn't she be doing a huge world tour or something?

rhandino

Banned
Mariah is not a white artist though, she's mixed.
Its not like they bothered to check that. In fact Billboard has a very nice article about it last year.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6699720/mariah-carey-1990-critics-white

What's the consensus on Britney's Blackout? It just occurred to me when listening to Break The Ice today that I've never listened to the album
Her best album, before it I only used her singles... and adter that I stopped using ha.

Meowster

The amount of hate Britney Jean gets...

... Thought it was just a joke but after listening to it... Damn I didn't want to believe it was a bad album but lol. Also why is Britney still in Vegas? Shouldn't she be doing a huge world tour or something?
What? Britney retired in 2011 after she released Femme Fatale and is happily having a good time doing a Vegas show. The tribute album that will.i.am came up with a couple years ago was decent. Myah Marie did a nice job with the replication throughout.

What? Britney retired in 2011 after she released Femme Fatale and is happily having a good time doing a Vegas show. The tribute album that will.i.am came up with a couple years ago was decent. Myah Marie did a nice job with the replication throughout.

My tea is boiling right now

Britneys best album being nearly a decade into her career gives me hope for LG5

Best work out song E.V.E.R.

Seeeeeeeeriously. If that song comes on while I'm doing cardio I'm immediately transported to the Drag Race main stage where I'm decimating The Princess into smithereens. As soon as the "go call the police" surge kicks in I am OVER

Meowster

My tea is boiling right now

Britneys best album being nearly a decade into her career gives me hope for LG5
My Queen is going to commercially flop (probably) but she is working with Diane Warren, Elton John, Nile Rodgers, Rick Rubin, and Giorgio Moroder. Some of the greatest names in the business and Diane/Elton being some of the best songwriters in popular music. It's either going to be a crazy clusterfuck or a goddamn masterpiece. Ignoring the embarrassing diatribe at the beginning, this is what she should be aiming for. This sounds damn good.

My Queen is going to commercially flop (probably) but she is working with Diane Warren, Elton John, Nile Rodgers, Rick Rubin, and Giorgio Moroder. Some of the greatest names in the business and Diane/Elton being some of the best songwriters in popular music. It's either going to be a crazy clusterfuck or a goddamn masterpiece. Ignoring the embarrassing diatribe at the beginning, this is what she should be aiming for. This sounds damn good.

I think it's going to be straight-up pop, if Elton's impressions are any indication. Probably a Fame situation except less EDM and more mid-tempo.

Frodo

Seeeeeeeeriously. If that song comes on while I'm doing cardio I'm immediately transported to the Drag Race main stage where I'm decimating The Princess into smithereens. As soon as the "go call the police" surge kicks in I am OVER

It gives life strength. Call me bitch and I'll do another rep.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah Carey's gospelicious hand gestures.

lol mess

And I always thought that was more attributed to her being from New York. A lot of us use our hands when we talk and emote. You should see when my mom is talking on the phone , her hands are always flying about. Although Madonna is from New York too and doesn't do that...then again Madonna doesn't really sing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom