• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
YbKbELN.png

Oh.

G9xHzhg.gif

Floridian

Pitchfork - 7.7
ANTI is a rich and conflicted pop record, at its most interesting when it’s at its most idiosyncratic. It’s not crammed with bloodthirsty, dance-oriented jams and feels distinctly smaller, more inward-facing than her previous records, as if it were intended as a kind of spiritual stock-taking, a moment of reckoning for both Rihanna and her fans. Her grainy, mesmerizing voice is paramount here, the sun in ANTI’s universe, the thing everything else orbits: "I got to do things my own way, darling," she announces over a stuttering, distorted beat in opener "Consideration," a prickly collaboration with the R&B singer SZA. The sentiment feels deliberately placed, meant as a way to read everything that follows.

LZV0mt4.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Drunk on love is rih's best song
should have been a single
she should work with the xx more
fuck every artist should

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm gonna need some receipts of the neptunes making anything decent in the last five years

Matt_

Okay Brooke Candy, slay a bit girl

Blow

Superpower

ATM Jam

lol

Nah nah and nah
fuck him for that last one

tbqh I think Pharrell is mostly working solo these days, so it is going to be hard to find receipts.

he's who I don't like, can spot his trash a mile off
have no idea who the other guy is tbh

Floridian

Yikes

Jay​ ​Z‘s music label is suing his former ​protégé Rita Ora for breaking her recording contract and failing to deliver promised albums. The $2.4 million Manhattan civil suit filed by Roc Nation comes just six weeks after Ora sued the label in California claiming record execs pushed her aside when they started representing professional athletes.

In the new suit Roc Nation counters that it’s spent over $2 million developing and marketing the British pop singer’s still unreleased second album. The label says the ​British ​​”​X Factor​”​ judge was supposed to deliver a total of five albums when she signed with Roc Nation in 2008, but has only put out one.

I remember the faux stanning of her and it was pretty embarrassing. Even Rih managed to release her album before her. And if she does manage to actually release her album it's going to sound so dated. Her "music" career is such a struggle now.

rhandino

Banned
Yikes

I remember the faux stanning of her and it was pretty embarrassing. Even Rih managed to release her album before her. And if she does manage to actually release her album it's going to sound so dated. Her "music" career is such a struggle now.
Jnqgdh7.gif

Something something about that rumour about ha and JayZ.

She is done.

Ugh I'm in my office and was so zoned out I accidentally blurt out "Wah wah wah wah wah wah" coz that stupid fucking song's in my head and literally as I'm singing it one of our VICE PRESIDENTS is walking by my door and glanced at me like a fucking crazy person. Ughhhh

Majmun

Ugh I'm in my office and was so zoned out I accidentally blurt out "Wah wah wah wah wah wah" coz that stupid fucking song's in my head and literally as I'm singing it one of our VICE PRESIDENTS is walking by my door and glanced at me like a fucking crazy person. Ughhhh

That song is lingering in my head all day long as well

her power

jbug617

Banned
RIAA is now going to count streaming towards Gold and Platinum Certifications.
http://pitchfork.com/news/63273-ria...ount-toward-platinum-and-gold-certifications/

One stream doesn't equal one sale, however. Instead, 1,500 on-demand audio or video streams will amount to one album sale. (On-demand streaming refers to the ability to choose what song you're listening to—services like Spotify and Apple Music, not internet radio sites like Pandora.) The RIAA's announcement didn't mention how these 1,500 streams will be tallied up—for example, whether one stream of a 17-song album will count the same as 17 streams of a single taken from the album.

Statment from RIAA
For nearly six decades, whether it’s vinyl, CDs, downloads or now streams, the Gold & Platinum Program has adapted to recognize the benchmarks of success in an evolving music marketplace. We know that music listening—for both for albums and songs—is skyrocketing, yet that trend has not been reflected in our album certifications. Modernizing our Album Award to include music streaming is the next logical step in the continued evolution of Gold & Platinum Awards, and doing so enables RIAA to fully reward the success of artists’ albums today.

SaintZ

Sales news:
Chart News ‏@chartnews 3h3 hours ago

PILLOWTALK by @zaynmalik sold 200,000 downloads in its first 3 days of release in the US.
And in case you haven't seen the twitter MESS
Chart News ‏@chartnews 29m29 minutes ago

Billboard 200: #27(new) @rihanna, ANTI 15,896 album equivalent units [460 pure album sales + 4,239,279 streams].
newyorkface80sj5.gif

Floridian

BB top 10

1. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
2. Justin Bieber - Sorry
3. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
4. Adele - Hello
5. Flo Rida - My House
6. The Chainsmokers - Roses
7. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself
8. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
9. Rihanna ft Drake - Work