• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

Sales news:

And in case you haven't seen the twitter MESS

Chart News ‏@chartnews 29m29 minutes ago

Billboard 200: #27(new) @rihanna, ANTI 15,896 album equivalent units [460 pure album sales + 4,239,279 streams].

newyorkface80sj5.gif

So that means after giving away how every many albums (a million?) it only actually sold 460 units? The rest was streaming which took it up to 15,896?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Billboard changing the formula to get Rih that top 10 debut
ha power

Floridian

Sales news:

And in case you haven't seen the twitter MESS

newyorkface80sj5.gif

The pure sales accounted for only an hour on iTunes for tracking. Also the fact that there's no physical release atm, not a traditional release, a million copies was digitally released for free on TIDAL in that time set, the numbers being so low were kind of a given. She's expected to rise next week over 100k with just SPS and likely go #1 still so for those who choose nitpick this, lol.

Anyway

Rollingstone - 8/10

Ultimately, Anti's sound is more than just another new costume for a singer who's dabbled in everything from flirty teen-pop to aggressive trap over the last decade-plus. This is an album that forces us to question the boxes we've placed Rihanna in all along. Is she queen of the clubs or a break-up balladeer? Are her pop instincts sharper than her hip-hop ones? The answer, as provided here, is all of the above and more. After years as a singer largely defined by her production, it finally feels like Rihanna is in charge of her own sound, remaking pop on her own terms. As she puts it bluntly on the glitchy groove "Consideration," which opens the LP: "I got to do things my own way, darling."
blGGZPN.gif

SaintZ

The pure sales accounted for only an hour on iTunes for tracking. Also the fact that there's no physical release atm, not a traditional release, a million copies was digitally released for free on TIDAL in that time set, the numbers being so low were kind of a given. She's expected to rise next week over 100k with just SPS and likely go #1 still so for those who choose nitpick this, lol.
You can make all the excuses you want. She still sold 460 copies in her opening week. That's the reality. You know the stan bases are NEVER going to let this go :aaaaaah:

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
why is that chainsmokers song top ten
i dont understand
it came out in june
and its shit

Floridian

You can make all the excuses you want. She still sold 460 copies in her opening week. That's the reality. You know the stan bases are NEVER going to let this go :aaaaaah:

They can ":ahhhhh" all they want but it's meaningless given all the conditions the era had. She still has 7 plat certifications, still gained a top ten hit from a song that was viewed as "tanking", and is still getting positive reviews from credible critics. Sorry.

Matt_

I have an issue with the navy in popgaf
Floridian is out here doing the absolute most stanning for his fave and defending this album and its release whilst the rest of the boats are MIA
Ya need to help out ya boy, because a navy that doesn't stick together sinks together
tumblr_n4cf3zzI2F1ttovp4o1_400.gif

i think its cute. not anything great, but much better than some of the shit up there

BUT WHY NOW

I have an issue with the navy in popgaf
Floridian is out here doing the absolute most stanning for his fave and defending this album and its release whilst the rest of the boats are MIA
Ya need to help out ya boy, because a navy that doesn't stick together sinks together
tumblr_n4cf3zzI2F1ttovp4o1_400.gif

BUT WHY NOW

#NVAY don't seem as mobilized as some other stans. Ironic given the name....

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
You canoes need to face cold hard facts.

Robin Thicke's stalker album PAULA officially sold more copies opening week than ANTi.

hXE3P6b.gif

rhandino

Banned
Those streaming numbers are great tbh so I don't know why some of you will drag ha album sales considering tha #NVAY buying habits and the fact that the launch was messy beyond belief.

All in all the results are decent and Rih remains one of the top girls in the game while the rest of your faves will keep trying iT era after era and boasting some meaningless records that they have the luck
and coins
to land so there is that.

wd72lze.gif

I also don't feel like defending my fave kind of tragic sales since I dragged the Little Monster because their fave gained all those sales thanks to selling her album for pennies.

Floridian

You canoes need to face cold hard facts.

Robin Thicke's stalker album PAULA officially sold more copies opening week than ANTi.

hXE3P6b.gif

You might want to apply some logic next time.

ahh.gif
at "Opening Week" when it's only been a day with Tidal streams & less than 3 hours for iTunes that was counted.
Rhat finally makes a good album and only [ 4 6 0 ] people buy it. She just can't win. RIP her career.

tumblr_m5s85b2Ucn1qlbmi0o1_250.gif

You're a Rita Ora stan and have the nerve to talk about dead careers? Whew
ahh.gif

Nothing from her can even bought right now.

Floridian

Lowest opening day sales ever yet is still Platinum
ahh.gif

RIAAnna is fine. People thought she was over after Rated R and came back with Loud success.

SaintZ

Those streaming numbers are great tbh so I don't know why some of you will drag ha album sales considering tha #NVAY buying habits and the fact that the launch was messy beyond belief.[/IMG]
I also don't feel like defending my fave kind of tragic sales since I dragged the Little Monster because their fave gained all those sales thanks to selling her album for pennies.
I remember back in the better days of PopGAF the #NVAY always got dragged because they would only support their fave through things that wouldn't cost them any money, some things never change
ahh.gif

Rhat finally makes a good album and only [ 4 6 0 ] people buy it. She just can't win. RIP her career.

tumblr_m5s85b2Ucn1qlbmi0o1_250.gif
CaKRA_AUYAA2oft.jpg:large

jdljededle Twitter is a damn mess RN.

Matt_

Lowest opening day sales ever yet is still Platinum
ahh.gif

RIAAnna is fine. People thought she was over after Rated R and came back with Loud success.

you know damn well that platinum is complete bullshit

Floridian

Hopefully Rih's next era will be way more organized. She cannot afford to keep having ANTI-Tidal sized messes like this.

From the ANTI-Diary, the scrapped singles, the delays, the leaks, & free release in the middle of the week. It's just chaos.

rhandino

Banned
1) Album is going to debut at #1.

2) Her new single is doing well and considerable better than AO and #BBHMM but still need to show those legs that 45S had.

3) Samsung gift ha with a Platinum certification while some of your faves are being sued for not releasing anything.

4) She is still #1 on iTunes and 2nd overall behind the Beaverm

As messy as the era lead up was she is getting paid and we received her best album so far.

Beyonce won.

Matt_

Album going number 1? We shall see
giphy.gif

edit; it debuted #27

rhandino

Banned
Fuck, I meant to say its going to go #1

Industry forecasters expect Anti to make a big leap up the Billboard 200 chart next week -- possibly to No. 1 -- after the album has a full week of activity behind it. Prognosticators suggest Anti could shift around 125,000 in equivalent album units in the week ending Feb. 4, which could power the album to No. 1 on the chart dated Feb. 20. If Anti hits the top, it will mark Rihanna's second No. 1, following her previous studio album, 2012's Unapologetic

Let me not edit that mess.

#VNAY

Floridian

tumblr_n4xctaPTPL1qk08n1o2_250.gif

BJ flopped but at least it didn't sell 460 first week

britney-laugh-radio-gic7ev.gif

She's expected to sell more digitally in the full first week (with no physical release) than BJ's first week total. Like I said, folks who are nitpicking the 400 copies aren't seeing the full picture.

Floridian

So 100k was a flop for Britney but we're gonna celebrate it when it's Rihanna? Just checking.

tumblr_lfuzdwea551qezrfw.gif

Did Britney release her album on a wednesday night for a million free downloads? Nope.
Was Britney related to a under-performing streaming service? Nope.
Was Britney Jean neglected a banner on iTunes the moment it was released? Nope.
Was Britney Jean only available digitally? Nope.

ANTI is still headed for a #1 BB200 placement & still has a plat certification (things BJ still doesn't have). Sorry

tumblr_lfuzdwea551qezrfw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom