• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasser

WORK
WORK
WORK
WORK
WORK
WORK
WORK IT OUT
WORK IT OUT
WORK IT OUT
WORK IT OUT
WORK IT OUT
WORK IT OUT
YOU BETTER WORK BITCH

tumblr_mntyc3ltZA1ru62qmo1_500.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Did Britney release her album on a wednesday night for a million free downloads? Nope.
Was Britney related to a under-performing streaming service? Nope.
Was Britney Jean neglected a banner on iTunes the moment it was released? Nope.
Was Britney Jean only available digitally? Nope.

This self drag tho.

giphy.gif

Not even ROBOTNEY is brainless enough to do any of that.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nasser

wow unbelievable. A new era is truly upon us. Artists will be racking up those platinums really fast now. To me it still doesn't make sense how they came up with the 1500 streams = 1 purchase equation. Why 1500?

ed50d51ebc.gif

It doesn't make any sense. What is the logic behind being a top-SELLING artist if all of your numbers & achievements are coming from STREAMING?

but anyways, guess the girls are struggling these days and can't sell anymore

tumblr_nj0etrU67I1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Yes, Glitter will remain the all time most iconic messiest era.

580cb76b44.gif

And I think it's really a sham to tout certifications of any kind if they come after this point. People aren't spending to buy music. If you don't associate some sort of money value to "sales" then it's not really a sale. A product that nobody buys technically has no worth. A product that a corporation buys (i.e. Samsung buying Rihanna's sales) is scary. It's as if the corporations will now dictate to us who is considered to be worthy or being a popular artist and who isn't. It's just really strange to wrap my head around.

Overall this puts less emphasis on how good the music is and more emphasis on the image of an artist, and how corporations value who's image is best to promote their products. The whole thing just seems very skeevy.

tumblr_mgrcbcpMcW1qcrgoyo1_400.gif

wow unbelievable. A new era is truly upon us. Artists will be racking up those platinums really fast now. To me it still doesn't make sense how they came up with the 1500 streams = 1 purchase equation. Why 1500?

ed50d51ebc.gif
I thought they already changed it wiht Ariana? or was that the BB Hot 200?

Frodo

Slaytendo leaving everyone [ P R E S S E D ] in that Splatoon vs Bloodborne thread.

I'm living for the salt. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS, QUEEN!

rhandino

Banned
I see that Gaga keeps using the memories of other more talented and unfluential people to prop her career.

But at least she is the only girl that could do justice to Bowie so slay a biT.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I see that Gaga keeps using the memories of other more talented and unfluential people to prop her career.

But at least she is the only girl that could do justice to Bowie so slay a biT.

Yeah
other than Madonna I don't see who else could do it justice, unless they picked one of the smaller artsy artists
She'll do well. With Nile Rodgers involved Lets Dance is a certain. I'd imagine heroes will be in there too
Perched either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom