• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

Do any of y'all listen to the podcast The Read? They discuss the pop girls a lot. This week the went in on Rita Orta and her contract drama.

Frodo

I have been listening to a bunch of hews lately and I came to the conclusion that POP doesn't need saving, it needs a refresh. Out with those same old faces, legacy acts, and try hard to stay relevant pop stars copying sounds that are a decade old when they are released, and in with the new hew.

Dump Pera, dump Rihanna, dump Gaga, dump [ redacted ] and let's start anew.

I'm sorry but what draws me to pop so much isn't just the music but the larger-than-life personalities and superstardom. Michael Jackson and Madonna were huge for me growing up and I worshipped everything they did because they embodied those characteristics. The music wasn't secondary but it was the vehicle for everything else. Was always fascinated by fame, fashion, directing attention, glamour, etc. I'm for all kinds of talented people to contribute to the pop scene but I still want my superstars. Maybe that's just me though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If they made pop stars like Madonna and MJ nowadays I would actually agree with you...

Lady-Gaga.jpg
tbh

If they made pop stars like Madonna and MJ nowadays I would actually agree with you...

Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna, Britney, JT, Kanye, Bieber (to some people), etc. There are a lot out there, though no one will reach absolute notoriety like MJ and Madonna did anymore.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Good grief big brother
at least I dont have to watch the rest of the episode now

MrV4ltor

Good grief big brother

T.
Closed the stream as soon as it was announced that Tiff was out. Not even watching the exit interview. Salty as fuck right now, ngl. The british public is a bunch of idiots.

SaintZ

Good grief big brother
I'm gonna post my thoughts behinds the spoilers
I CANT BELIEVE THAT A HUSSY HARLOT WHORE AND YAWN MAN OUTLASTED THE HBIC, IM FUCKING FUMING GODDAMMIT
tiffanyalonewwss4.gif

Matt_

T.
Closed the stream as soon as it was announced that Tiff was out. Not even watching the exit interview. Salty as fuck right now, ngl. The british public is a bunch of idiots.

I'm gonna post my thoughts behinds the spoilers
I CANT BELIEVE THAT A HUSSY HARLOT WHORE AND YAWN MAN OUTLASTED THE HBIC, IM FUCKING FUMING GODDAMMIT
tiffanyalonewwss4.gif

Atleast she'll do well from it.
Twitter is seething and even if she didn't win she's increased her profile x10 fold in the UK Hope they show whatever shows she does next here

Meier

Listening to the new Foxes album. It's pretty solid. She's a fun pop artist. I'm kind of shocked/amazed at how sexualized her promo shots are. From the hard nipple on the cover of this to some of the other singles recently.. wow.

Meier

This Wicked Love song is terrible.

Oddly enough, I think Lose My Cool might be the best song and it's not even on the standard version. Strange decision.

TIFFANY NOOOOOOOOOO

SHE WAS THE BEST!

Why is it that the boring muscley guy wins? Does he even know how to read a clock?

Tiff>>>>>>>>>>>>

Twitter is ablaze right now because of it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What you gone do when I appear?
W-when I premier?
Bitch the end of your lives are near
This shit been mine, mine
What you gone do when I appear?
W-when I premier?
Bitch the end of your lives are near
dc73a2448b.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Hell naw. I should have known the UK would vote for trash by some of the musical tastes of our british popgaf sistren. A Class A Mess

tumblr_o0vmy7Ohdz1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I got in a fight
I was indisposed
I was in, despite all the wicked prose
cuz I'm only a man, and I do what I can

I got friends in high places,
I get out for free
I got in a fight but they don't know me
cuz I'm only a man
and I do what I can

B - E - H -A - V - E
Arrest us
Italiana mobster
looking so precious
B - E - H -A - V - E
never more
you gave up being good when you declared a state of war

eh
I don't behave, I don't behave oh eh
I don't behave, I don't behave oh eh
I don't behave, I don't behave oh
are you going to the party are you going to the show

cuz I'm only a man, do what I can oh
cuz I'm only a man, do what I can

dc73a2448b.gif

Baby I'm gonna drink you in
Like oxygen, like oxygen
Baby I'm a house on fire
And I wanna keep burnin'
Boy I'm goin' up in flames
And you're to blame
Yeah, you're to blame
Baby I'm a house on fire
And I wanna keep burnin'

QTqLTuu.gif

The Flop

Banned
Now that AnTi is on Apple Music I've given it a proper listen. This seems like such a lazy release from Rih, given the hype, and the potential. I think I found like 3 songs I liked enough to repeat.

I credit her for not giving into the mainstream needs. But this is her Artpop.

#PrayforR9.

tiffany_gumfjra8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom