• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Lorde, you can come out of hiding now.

tumblr_inline_mx5rcvNyF71ryb0hd.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Telephone aint happening
there is no reason to hide the fact that gaga would be in the half time show and she would have been seen doing rehearsals

The fact that some of yall clearly are not listen to the lyrics though

tumblr_momtd2xue81spo3yuo1_400.gif

The fact the imagery is so strong for black folks on black history month

The fact that Bey took a stand in a basic song

I was wondering where you were :)

I lurk here and there but I don't reply as much because I have nothing to really contribute :(

I kind of dislike the song flow in general as far as formation goes. The beat is cool, the vocals are kind of non existent....but the message is like....ugh......simpler words just couldn't have been said.

"Always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper"

Nothing more..

Majmun

Rih releases snippets of the Work video
Bey releases a new song with a video that will never be matched this year, OUT OF NOWHERE

She constantly reading these basic hoes

3phemeral

I lurk here and there but I don't reply as much because I have nothing to really contribute :(

I kind of dislike the song flow in general as far as formation goes. The beat is cool, the vocals are kind of non existent....but the message is like....ugh......simpler words just couldn't have been said.

"Always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper"

Nothing more..

Glad to see you post again, even if infrequent :)

I hope she performs this at the Superbowl.

Floridian

*faux praise Formation as an excuse to drag Rih*

The transparency is a bit much. Lyrically I can't mess with it, but if you like it then alright.

Majmun

Bey material always gets more hype than anything else. Everyone is talking about it online. Truly the queen of pop

This track is another reality check

HIcvCfn.jpg

The transparency is a bit much. Lyrically I can't mess with it, but if you like it then alright.

Lyrically, it's just about being unapologetically black. That's really all to get from it. Everything else is still meh but I appreciate the message coming from the song about being black and loving it. That's all. Rih is still safe and I liked Work.

Aguila

#ICONIC

Don't be pressed sis. Nothing on ANTI(BOPS) goes in as hard as Formation.

I got hot sauce in my bag, swag

Y'all haters corny with that Illuminati mess
Paparazzi catch my fly and my cocky fresh
I'm so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress
I’m so possessive so I rock his Roc necklaces

dc73a2448b.gif

Floridian

Lyrically, it's just about being unapologetically black. That's really all to get from it. Everything else is still meh but I appreciate the message coming from the song about being black and loving it. That's all. Rih is still safe and I liked Work.

The instrumental & video is 10/10. From the video itself I understand the message & appreciate that.

Don't be pressed sis. Nothing on ANTI(BOPS) goes in as hard as Formation.

I got hot sauce in my bag, swag

I'm fine. I got my albums. Bop at your pleasure.

[Interlude: Big Freedia]
Oh yeah baby, oh yeah I, ohhhhh, oh yes I like that
I did not come to play with you hoes (laughs)
I came to slay, bitch
I like cornbreads and collard greens, bitch
Oh yes, you best to believe it

drag all of the other shitty 2016 attempts

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The bar has been lowered I see. The Big Big Beat will slay even if it ends up being ATM Jam 2.0 at this point.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That merch is trash but the song is life so I dont care

Matt_

May or may not be true because im getting my news from twitter but the director was the same person that did We Found Love, Melina Matsoukas
Girl has got some talent!

Touchdown

Banned
Bey came through. She's smart to release the video at the same time as the single as it instantly puts the image of what she wants you to think about in your mind when you're listening to the song. She knows how to market herself so well. And the message in the song - empowering girls, especially girls of color, well done Bey. And as per with any of her solo songs up to this point - the lyrical content is not high quality but the beat is good and it does have some catchy lines that you can yell along too. This isn't a radio friendly song but nowadays the way sales and the charts are tabulated, it doesn't matter. The video will be streamed to death. Nice job Bey, good on you.

a8ea1cee64.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom