• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Lol where??

I'll say that performance is not what I expected because Intel was legit promising something out of this world. There were 0.00 out of this world things in that tribute, even though the beginning was pretty sick. She was turning it out (one too many twirls though girl) but there were too many songs in too short a time and no emotional culmination at the end. Heroes could have been slowed down or something, but instead it went by so quickly that it felt like a kitschy parody.

Maybe I'll change my mind about it if I watch it again tho
You know, looking that performance again and now without being pressed and bothered by the tragicness of all the show I guess that my main problem is that it was too many songs and too little time for each one and that's why I said that the B.B. King tribute was way better because it was focused and you FELT the passion behind it while the one with Lady Gaga was, imho, a little forced and fakey and each song was given so little time.

Also, did she performed any song from Blackstar? Because I think she didn't or at least she didn't reached that part by the time I went to take a drink x_X

I do agree with you sis that most likely the dissapointment lies more on the marketing leading up to this thing than the performance and the hyping from some stanbases.

793P8gp.gif

Most likely that he got popular and that he has appeared as a feature in some pop songs.

Some people do the absolute mosT

OqoZbjK.gif

No

Kendrick is amazing, I would classify him as a great rap artist not a pop star. I mean you can call him a rap star, but that just sounds weird

No I don't. Pop is a genre and they don't make pop music.

No, I don't. Kendrick is a rapper, not a pop singer.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll stop cluttering up ya'lls thread with my debate. Thanks again!

SaintZ

I just watched Gwen's video since I couldn't last night... it was cute. I liked the song and when the her body double fell omg I thought it was really her lol. Glad to see it wasn't the case.

The slay that got away.

It's a Rihanna performance though, so really it would have been a slay on paper but a struggle in practice.

The Gaga tribute impressed me more after another watch, honestly taking away the context with Intel's major promises it was still a great tribute to a long legacy. Should have been longer and more emotional considering Bowie's influence, but let's be real: No one singer (let alone a female pop star) can shoulder an entire Bowie tribute and please everyone. His legacy is just too big. That said though, she's really the only contemporary pop star who could have pulled that off.

MrV4ltor

I actually kinda liked Gaga's Bowie tribute. Intel and her are stupid for not using that room with all the screens as walls and floors tho. They could've made it look like she's flying through space or some shit in there.
This lewk from her Intel commerical is also kinda great:

CbTmwKkXEAEKgyC.jpg

Floridian

Billboard Top 10

1. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
2. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
3. Justin Bieber - Sorry
4. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
5. Flo-Rida - My House
6. Adele - Hello
7. Zayn - Pillowtalk
8 G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me Myself I
9 Chainsmokers - Roses
10 Shawn Mendes - Stitches

Rih enters top 5 and Zayn enters out. :)

LZV0mt4.gif

Rihanna also ties with Michael Jackon & Stevie Wonder for most top 5 hits on the hot 100. Congrats Legend.

Mau ®

Billboard Top 10

1. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
2. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
3. Justin Bieber - Sorry
4. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
5. Flo-Rida - My House
6. Adele - Hello
7. Zayn - Pillowtalk
8 G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me Myself I
9 Chainsmokers - Roses
10 Shawn Mendes - Stitches

Rih enters top 5 and Zayn enters out. :)

LZV0mt4.gif

Rihanna also ties with Michael Jackon & Stevie Wonder for most top 5 hits on the hot 100. Congrats Legend.

Wow.

But I thought she had no hits and she was major flop? Should I unearth the receipts by the fools?

Floridian

What I don't understand about the Grammys:

Why was an album from 2014 nominated for a 2016 album of the year award?

There's a Grammy nomination window that's pretty weird (Oct 2014 to sept 2015). 1989 was released on oct 2014 so it was eligible for the 2015 category. The Grammys for this year was for the 2015 nomination window.

It's a Rihanna performance though, so really it would have been a slay on paper but a struggle in practice.

The Gaga tribute impressed me more after another watch, honestly taking away the context with Intel's major promises it was still a great tribute to a long legacy. Should have been longer and more emotional considering Bowie's influence, but let's be real: No one singer (let alone a female pop star) can shoulder an entire Bowie tribute and please everyone. His legacy is just too big. That said though, she's really the only contemporary pop star who could have pulled that off.

Rihanna's last few grammy performances have been quite good though, unlike whatever Gaga was trying to do last night.

Pitster03
Banned

OMG what in the world? Was it really Worth It?

giphy.gif
I was banned during the Unapologeticide.

I was banned for posting Rih-bewbs.

I was also once banned for calling Rob Kardashian a fat, lazy, piece of shit pigfucking cunt whose only contribution to this planet was wearing the right pair of pants on the morning these photos were taken:

Even then, I think being banned over the fucking Vita would be the biggest indignity of all.

poor the pitster, hope his flop faves have more longevity than he did~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom