• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Mariah was just charting on the Billboard Hot 100 not even 2 and a half months ago within the top 12. Not only that but she's headlining her own show on E which will likely become the most iconic reality show of all time. When will your cross-eyed fave?

For a moment I thought you were referencing a song she released within the the life time of most of our faves. 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

Mariah stans having to wait 12 months in order to push out a top12 receipt 😖😖 in the midst of her releasing new music. 😓

You got some nerve to call out Mariah's decades-long longevity and lasting power when your fave's career basically ended overnight...

...over a fucking donut

9Qewu5H.gif

Makes you wonder how relevant she really was to begin with

9Qewu5H.gif

You say this as if Ariana doesn't have two songs in the global iTunes top 10. And didn't just push out a vevo certified, platinum top 10 single. Take off your blinkers, sis...You clearly can't see the full picture 🐴🙈

Touchdown

Banned
dddd

A fave so consistent we can predict exactly when she will slay. The true definition of a dangerous woman. AIWFCIY is truly the gift that just keeps giving. :p

9 more months and Mimi will be back in the top 10 again on the only charts that matter.

e8f051edfd.png

botty

Banned
dddd

A fave so consistent we can predict exactly when she will slay. The true definition of a dangerous woman. AIWFCIY is truly the gift that just keeps giving. :p

9 more months and Mimi will be back in the top 10 again on the only charts that matter.

e8f051edfd.png

The holiday charts?

Klk3iXo.gif

Frodo

To be fair, Mariah has more #1s than most of your faves combined, and more than any other female artist. She is however ageing and we all know what that means for a female Pop singer. Ariana is cute and all, but no undermining Mariah will give Ariana the receipts she doesn't have. She still has a lot to prove.

I, for one, would be happy to have one song that charts every year giving me coins to live a luxurious life style for a whole new year until it charts again. It is more than a lot of your faves can say.

jZht243.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's sad that mariah's once a year chart appearance is as equally easy to predict as her rest-of-the-decade chart absence, but that's a legacy act for you

botty

Banned
To be fair, Mariah has more #1s than most of your faves combined, and more than any other female artist. She is however ageing and we all know what that means for a female Pop singer. Ariana is cute and all, but no undermining Mariah will give Ariana the receipts she doesn't have. She still has a lot to prove.

I, for one, would be happy to have one song that charts every year giving me coins to live a luxurious life style for a whole new year until it charts again. It is more than a lot of your faves can say.

jZht243.gif

Fair. But luckily Ariana has had charting songs earning her money since her first album 😜

it's sad that mariah's once a year chart appearance is as equally easy to predict as her rest-of-the-decade chart absence, but that's a legacy act for you

😩🤐🤔👀🌚

Oops!

jZht243.gif

All I Want For Christmas is the reason why Mariah never EVER has to be bothered to release another smash hit. Why bother when this one song will last you a lifetime?

g64M2bP.gif

Floridian

Rihanna's 'Anti' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart

Rihanna’s Anti moves back to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, collecting its second week at the top. The diva’s set earned another 54,000 equivalent album units in the week ending March 17, according to Nielsen Music.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new April 2-dated chart (where Anti is No. 1) will be posted in full to Billboard’s websites on Tuesday, March 22.

Anti is Rihanna’s second No. 1 album (following her previous studio effort, Unapologetic, in 2012) and her first to spend more than one week at No. 1.

Of Anti’s total units for the week, 17,000 were in pure album sales. The rest of its sum -- a sizable 69 percent -- was comprised of TEA and SEA units, thanks to the popularity of its tracks (like the smash single “Work,” which has spent four weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart).

For a "flop" era, she went back to having both a #1 album & #1 single at the same time since her last album. Very interesting, considering the fact that sales are basically dead right now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think its stupid that streams of singles count to both the single chart and album chart
nothing else gets double counted

rhandino

Banned
Rihanna's 'Anti' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart

For a "flop" era, she went back to having both a #1 album & #1 single at the same time since her last album. Very interesting, considering the fact that sales are basically dead right now.
Look at this flop! LOL

And so glad that the public is still here for Gwen, slay a bit.

EDIT: why is people surprised about Rih streaming numbers? I thought that the fact that the she is the Queen of Streaming was well know.

Aguila

#ICONIC
How did i miss a new lana del rey album, last year apparently. was it good?

It's great, but I think you have to be in a certain mood to really appreciate the entire album, more so than with her other albums. Like, I never truly appreciated Terrance Loves You until I heard it one lazy early morning. Lord, what an experience lol.

It's great, but I think you have to be in a certain mood to really appreciate the entire album, more so than with her other albums. Like, I never truly appreciated Terrance Loves You until I heard it one lazy early morning. Lord, what an experience lol.

aka you need to be looking for a good sleep aid

willow-bored-now.gif

Did she call him talented? Did she call him genitally endowed?

Lovely is a green light when you're five minutes late to your Grindr date.

Lovely is a free ham and swiss sandwich during employee orientation.

Lovely is seeing "New Romantics" flop like the desperate last-minute dreckitude it is.

Lovely ain't much.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gwen's album is good, like really good
I actually think the two singles she released are on the weaker half of the album

Also I cannot get over how good Brit has been looking recently
I hope its a genuine happy healthy. I remember thinking Kesha looked really good around the time Timber came out and then she checked herself into rehab

Zutroy

Gwen's album is good, like really good
I actually think the two singles she released are on the weaker half of the album

Also I cannot get over how good Brit has been looking recently
I hope its a genuine happy healthy. I remember thinking Kesha looked really good around the time Timber came out and then she checked herself into rehab
Damn right! Look at this perfection!

RS28vTw.jpg

Matt_

eurgh
just seeing her face elicits a negative reaction
I just cannot stand her

rhandino

Banned
willow-bored-now.gif

Did she call him talented? Did she call him genitally endowed?

Lovely is a green light when you're five minutes late to your Grindr date.

Lovely is a free ham and swiss sandwich during employee orientation.

Lovely is seeing "New Romantics" flop like the desperate last-minute dreckitude it is.

Lovely ain't much.
OqoZbjK.gif

Was more bothered by the part of "go and see him" but maybe she just want people to witness trash so they can learn to appreciate True Talent better.

inb4 Pitbull being Leona new collab and with his help manage to snatch a #1 hit.

Not Meghan's video having NOTHING to do with the SONG????

What is this MESS? Stuck in the 90's?

Anyway... Work At Home is absolutely SLAYING me right now... Also slaying UK charts at #2 iTunes

58114_new-york-tiffany-pollard-flavor-of-love.gif

Mess at ANTi lowest number one selling album... Fifth Harmony could finally have their first No.1 album if that's the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom