• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
the b*tch really is cursed asmksmfkmsds

This gif sums up how she lost that #1 to Pentatonix
demi-lovato-michelle-rodriguez-action-new-111.gif

Isn't Jane The Virgin almost dead? Anyways, this is not something that makes me want to start S2 anytime soon.

I hate this and I know It's a flop TV show. I will only watch next week's episode and honestly I
lowkey I don't support Britney doing this.
Sorry!

But hey it could always be worse.....
You're both flops.

Britney should consider herself LUCKY to even share one minute of screen time with the flawless Gina Rodriguez, star of the equally flawless Jane the Virgin.

Get your lives sistren

anigif_optimized-28286-1418347401-4.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
CS5DonNWcAAtAHP.jpg

Rolling stone cover
IN A DRESSING GOWN
not a single fuck given
she'll scalp all our faves and go have a bubble bath with a glass of cheap champers and trash tv

Mau ®

Rihanna just cancelled her Victoria Secret performance.

2016 it is then 😂😂😂😂

God she's trash.

Floridian

Lol @ Rih being that much of a mess to delay her album once again. Lucky I listen to other real music or else I would be in trouble. #preorderPurposeoniTunes

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

Tbf, the song is so overproduced no one could really do anything with it live. But lord, I'm dying.

Her vocals do seem off but that happens. What this performance really highlights is that this shit song cannot stand on its own without a lot of spectacle to distract which Ellie doesn't have. Where are the backup dancers and ridiculous costumes? She's still channeling her old performance style but there are no instruments on stage for her to interact with, so it's just completely awkward dancing in place alone. Basically, she's straddling the line of being a bigtime popstar and a Real Musician™ and she isn't committing to one or the other. If you want to perform ostentatious pop songs, you need the spectacle.

Floridian

I'm pretty disappointed that she &/or team is doing all of this extra tactics just to try make her album sale as much as possible. Like it's your 8th album, you already got your #1 album, you don't have to prove that you're a commercial success because you already were. What she does need to prove that is that she can create a cohesive body of work instead of just a couple of hits combined with filler. That fact that she's struggling with this as an artist is problematic imo. No one will care if you lose to Adele in sales because no one else is beating her. All the manipulation around the release dates makes no sense. Either she's not confident in the music or the time in which she could release it. How about less vacations & sock promotion & instead more studio time and devoting yourself in being more involved in your music. The last time she released an album she was 24, now she's 27 and time is moving. Luckily she's still young though and has time to recover. #Pray4ANTi

Floridian

I'm interested in 25 being Adele's Ray Of Light.

The direct sonic influence is hard to find, but one of the chief inspirations for 25 was Madonna's Ray of Light. "You know what I found so amazing about that record?" Adele says. "That's the record Madonna wrote after having her first child, and for me, it's her best. I was so all over the place after having a child, just because my chemicals were just hitting the fucking roof and shit like that." She felt detached from her artistic self. "I was just drifting away, and I couldn't find that many examples for myself where I was like, 'Fuck, they truly came back to themselves,' until someone was like, 'Well, obviously, Ray of Light.'" Adele listened to it over and over, and was particularly captivated by "Frozen." "I took that song as 'I've gotten my confidence to come and do me again.' "

Even she agrees that ROL is Madonna's best album. I guess i'll give 25 a listen then.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

FUCK
I've been trying to ignore that performance ever since I saw ATRL dragging it
had to skim through and it was a greater tragedy than romeo&juliet
poor ellie, at least the music is good

edit; actually I'm a little pressed rn
I dont care for rih but phresh off the runway, especially THAT performance was legit great, probably the best live thing shes done
I actually feel sorry for her fans, because it is one thing to take a long time between albums, which of course is completely fine
but to to have nothing but fuckery for a year with little to no information about the actual shit her fans care about, whilst all she tweets and instas is irrelevant promo for other crap, must be incredibly frustrating
my condolences #NVAY
may santa bring your fave a better work ethic this year

cory64

It's times like these I'm glad I'm a Janet stan. The Unbreakable era was flawlessly executed.

If only Jay had hired Joe Jackson and Matthew Knowles to run her through boot camp back when she first started.

Phreaker

Sad that Carly doesn't get the success she deserves. Her album is pure excellence

Seriously, it def one of my top AOTY and probably one of the worst selling in my list.

The new video is cute and I really love that song. Let me go give E•MO•TION another listen right now.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm pretty disappointed that she &/or team is doing all of this extra tactics just to try make her album sale as much as possible. Like it's your 8th album, you already got your #1 album, you don't have to prove that you're a commercial success because you already were. What she does need to prove that is that she can create a cohesive body of work instead of just a couple of hits combined with filler. That fact that she's struggling with this as an artist is problematic imo. No one will care if you lose to Adele in sales because no one else is beating her. All the manipulation around the release dates makes no sense. Either she's not confident in the music or the time in which she could release it. How about less vacations & sock promotion & instead more studio time and devoting yourself in being more involved in your music. The last time she released an album she was 24, now she's 27 and time is moving. Luckily she's still young though and has time to recover. #Pray4ANTi
Not SOCKS being more important than her album.

ibfuezli1wjukgxoyo6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom