• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Little Mons†er
Banned
J6wXl.gif

Not again!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i thought it was scrappd?

Despite saying lots of those tracks were not making it to the final album it got delayed so it basically tells you that they were bsing their way out of it. The album sucks from start to finish and it has some good production on a few tracks. Her flow has gotten worse and more annoying and even the features sound tired and simply doesnt work.

Vazduh

This is one of his posts that made me scream the most. His first ban, I think:

Little Mons†er;199657082 said:
SoNY spiTTING on its fans like DIRT

tumblr_mkfijf2OLJ1ql5yr7o1_r2_500.gif

The fans DRAGGING Sony to hell and back

tumblr_lq4xkiXyJc1qgohcjo2_400.gif

I'm excited to hear Witness (the song)

Every snippet and leaked version has been great.

It's really the only song of hers so far that's nailed the Eurofuturism flavor she's so obviously chasing this era.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone here anticipating Superfruit's (Mitch and Scott from Pentatonix) upcoming "music project"? They recently teased this and have previously released "Bad 4 Us" and "SWEET LIFE." So far, everything has been intriguing enough for me to give the final release a listen, even if I'm not sure how much I'll like it.

llehuty

Can we just talk about the masterpiece that is Jepsen's 'Cut to the feeling'?

Aside of the delicious production, the fact that a song called 'Cut to the feeling', breaks the pop conventions skipping the prechorus and hitting the chorus in the 30 second mark. It just hits out of nowhere, like being hit by a train or something. The thing is she manages to keep the excitment and energy during the 30 seconds it lasts. She sounds both vulnerable and energetic, with her voice on the verge of cracking during the "I wanna cut to the feeling".

The build up during the verses, the pulsating beat getting louder and louder, the electric guitar that keeps things moving, to release back again on the chorus.

I had a dream, or was it real?
We crossed the line and it was on
We crossed the line, it was on this time
I've been denying how I feel, you've been denying what you want
You want from me, talk to me baby
I want some satisfaction, take me to the stars, just say "oh"

Ah, I wanna cut through the clouds, break the ceiling
I wanna dance on the roof, you and me alone
I wanna cut to the feeling, oh yeah

"Humans don’t deserve dogs or this planet, and we definitely don’t deserve Carly Rae Jepsen, but we have them, so let’s be grateful." -Anaïs Escobar Mathers-

And then you see its chart performance. Talent not always win, unfortunatley. I'm going to slap everyone with Carly and Kyle Minogue songs everytime anyone dares to say "talent always wins"

Frodo

Can we just talk about the masterpiece that is Jepsen's 'Cut to the feeling'?

Aside of the delicious production, the fact that a song called 'Cut to the feeling', breaks the pop conventions skipping the prechorus and hitting the chorus in the 30 second mark. It just hits out of nowhere, like being hit by a train or something. The thing is she manages to keep the excitment and energy during the 30 seconds it lasts. She sounds both vulnerable and energetic, with her voice on the verge of cracking during the "I wanna cut to the feeling".

The build up during the verses, the pulsating beat getting louder and louder, the electric guitar that keeps things moving, to release back again on the chorus.

I had a dream, or was it real?
We crossed the line and it was on
We crossed the line, it was on this time
I've been denying how I feel, you've been denying what you want
You want from me, talk to me baby
I want some satisfaction, take me to the stars, just say "oh"

Ah, I wanna cut through the clouds, break the ceiling
I wanna dance on the roof, you and me alone

"Humans don’t deserve dogs or this planet, and we definitely don’t deserve Carly Rae Jepsen, but we have them, so let’s be grateful." -Anaïs Escobar Mathers-

And then you see its chart performance. Talent not always win, unfortunatley. I'm going to slap everyone with Carly and Kyle Minogue songs everytime anyone dares to say "talent always wins"

Carly has been doing some pretty great, unashamedly pop songs recently. She has it nailed down by now. It is a shame GP is paying dust to her.

Floridian

I'm excited to hear Witness (the song)

Every snippet and leaked version has been great.

It's really the only song of hers so far that's nailed the Eurofuturism flavor she's so obviously chasing this era.

It's gonna be one of her best songs for sure.

Even the demo is better than the singles she released.

Floridian

Floridian has listened to this album already (or at least I hope so), Bladenic liked one of the singles, and hopefully the rest of you will give the new Beach Fossils a chance!

Beach Fossils - Sommersault

Spotify album stream
Itunes
Bandcamp (album stream + purchase)

Singles:

Tangerine

This Year

Now, while I prefer the sound of their earlier releases, this is still worth a listen and might possibly be your soundtrack for this summer. Since Dustin added the orchestral touch, his band now sounds more like his ex-label-mates, Craft Speels. Lush, summer-y, breezy. Really good jangle-pop!

Thankfully they're coming back to Croatia this September so I might see them live again since they were damn good the last time (when they promoted Clash The Truth).

They kinda ended Real Estate. Always enjoyed their albums.

Edit: Sorry for Double Post~

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
For tonight
Let's love like there's no goodbyes (no goodbyes)

Just for tonight
Pretend that it's all alright (all alright)

Why don't we hold each other, use each other, whisper pretty lies?
Just for tonight
Let's love like there's no goodbyes (no goodbyes)

No goodbyes
No goodbyes
No goodbyes, eh
Beyonce-crying-gif.gif

Phreaker

Who is next?

I was this close to going off on Trump after today's latest in a thread, but I think people have gotten banned for that.

Totally agree with llehuty on Cut To The Feeling. She supposedly did 40 songs for E-MO-TIONS, maybe we can get a Side C. Did her stuff get no radio play? I don't get why those two albums sold so poorly. I am still using tracks daily.

Floridian

Katy's new album isn't really good (shocker I know) but the title track is in her top 3 best songs. The lyrics really drag the album down.

Vazduh

DOWN is a lesser Work From Home, but the girls are serving a tiny bit in the video. They're really working that hooker-chic!

2QkWdJw.gif

Katy's new album isn't really good (shocker I know) but the title track is in her top 3 best songs. The lyrics really drag the album down.

WILL YOU BE MY WITNESS (final.mp3)

THZCxaO.gif

Floridian

What did you think of their latest album, btw? I couldn't get into it, idk if it's because it's missing the signature Ducktails sound or what, but it just didn't sound the same.

I only listened to it once but it was alright. A bit forgettable tbh.

Ehhh the chorus of Witness is strong but everything else about it is weak as fuck.

The bridge is also worth mentioning. It's not as "dark" as the demo but there's more energy around it. It'll be one of the few tracks I keep from it.

WILL YOU BE MY WITNESS (final.mp3)

THZCxaO.gif

LOOKING FOR A WITNESS TO GET ME THROUGH THIS

THZCxaO.gif

Vazduh

I only listened to it once but it was alright. A bit forgettable tbh.

Yeah, that's how I felt about it. Atlas was so good and one of my 2014 faves, and this felt so underwhelming compared to that one :/

Even Martin Courtney's solo album was kinda better than Real Estate's last.

Btw, some recommendations, perhaps, if you feel like it? Whatever comes to mind first, off the top of your head. Forgot to ask you earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom