• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Yeah, that's how I felt about it. Atlas was so good and one of my 2014 faves, and this felt so underwhelming compared to that one :/

Even Martin Courtney's solo album was kinda better than Real Estate's last.

Btw, some recommendations, perhaps, if you feel like it? Whatever comes to mind first, off the top of your head. Forgot to ask you earlier.

hoops - Routine
Girlpool - Power Plant
Pond - The Weather
Hundred Waters - Currency EP
Blonde Redhead - 3 O'Clock

U may like these.

Vazduh

hoops - Routine
Girlpool - Power Plant
Pond - The Weather
Hundred Waters - Currency EP

U may like these.

V34bijN.gif

Awesome, thank you. Haven't listened to any of those releases, although I listened to hoops' EP which was pretty good, hope the album is just as solid!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't get into new Bleachers... :(

I'll give it another try, but it didn't click with me.
Its a bit overproduced on vocals so i can get why it can be a turn off but its fine. Strange Desire >>>> Gone Now tho

Mau ®

Yes, Bleachers new album didn't do it for me. Sad because I was really looking forward to it.

I'm hopeful Melodrama will redeem pop in 2017.

Mau ®;239642203 said:
Yes, Bleachers new album didn't do it for me. Sad because I was really looking forward to it.

I'm hopeful Melodrama will redeem pop in 2017.

Pop doesn't need redeeming, it needs superstars again. High profile artists don't run the show anymore, and they've been relegated to producing music for their fanbase instead of for the masses. Bey did it, Britney and Gaga did it, hell Rihanna did too but struck gold anyway, and Katy's about to learn that she can't have her cake and eat it too. The pop scene is just boring and fragmented now. The good is that it's been able to produce a LOT of new and independent artists with potential to smash on the charts, but pop as a culture spectacle is sitting in hospice atm. Bless Beyoncé for trying to keep it alive.

Mill0

Neo Member

Thanks for bringing this here, I truly thought they were still on a break.
I'm genuinely loving this new EP, the orchestral music marries so well with their style.

I still remember how I was struck with their song at the closing credits of HardCandy (bawp movie)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
bracing myself for uk election sadness
the english speaking world is a mess

Is anyone here anticipating Superfruit's (Mitch and Scott from Pentatonix) upcoming "music project"? They recently teased this and have previously released "Bad 4 Us" and "SWEET LIFE." So far, everything has been intriguing enough for me to give the final release a listen, even if I'm not sure how much I'll like it.

think they could make something good
really like mitch's voice

WonderzL

Banned
'Cause when my heart breaks
It always feels like the first time, first time
But if you stay here
We could kiss away the goodbye, goodbye
Through the heartbreak
We'll make it feel like the first time, first time
And if you stay here

mZQQ8DN.gif

Side B is nice!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
patiently waiting for witness to show up on apple music

Major lazer's new alber is a bit blah, lacks any kinda punch their old stuff had

Nasser

Witness & Tsunami both are excellent (haven't finished the whole album yet) Katy is actually delivering with this album!

Matt_

Liking the production on witness and hey hey hey so far

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
think they could make something good
really like mitch's voice

Mitch's voice is amazing. He really has some talent.

'Cause when my heart breaks
It always feels like the first time, first time
But if you stay here
Through the heartbreak
We'll make it feel like the first time, first time
And if you stay here

mZQQ8DN.gif

Side B is nice!

Agreeeeed. I recently gave EMOTION and Side B a chance for the first time, and both were reeaaally good. I'm glad POPGAF's fans made me give them a shot.

Frodo

patiently waiting for witness to show up on apple music

Major lazer's new alber is a bit blah, lacks any kinda punch their old stuff had

Downloaded it yesterday, listened to it and removed it from my library as soon as I was finished. Pass.

Frodo

Its not even subtle.

After all the débâcle and the talk of valuing artists and whatever, she puts it back to try to cockblock Katherin, feeding a petty beef that was already petty enough. Makes her look fake as hell, which surprises no one, really. If her reasons to remove her discography from streaming services were genuine she wouldn't put it back on now of all times.

Mau ®

At this point everyone knows Taylor is petty as fuck. Her next era will celebrate and acknowledge this and we will all be happy and accept her as Queen of Pop.

Frodo

I don't get it. Every song in this alber (so far) is better than the singles she released. What was Katia's team thinking?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;239706303 said:
At this point everyone knows Taylor is petty as fuck. Her next era will celebrate and acknowledge this and we will all be happy and accept her as Queen of Pop.

Ehhh I wont accept that trash.

Meowster

Katy's album sucks aside from two songs. I was at least expecting something fun and trashy bad like Artpop (or even the bad energetic half of Bionic) but this is just a snooze. Second half of PRISM teas with all those midtempos and ballads.

Matt_

pendulum
giphy.gif

not been feeling any of the slow tracks tbh

OrionX

Now now, Taylord's probably too busy working on new music and has forgotten that Katheryn exists, much like the rest of the gp. It's likely just an unfortunate coincidence.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom