• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylucifer undermining Katheryn's moment by putting her discog back on Spotify tonight.

... I stan.

mPKJWuv.gif

Bladenic

When did katy even announce her garbage bin collection? For some reason I never saw she actually announced the album, I thought she was just throwing singles at the wall and hoping something became a hit (and nothing did that I saw lmao)

doby

Quick Witness review after a couple of listens.

Title track - Liked the demo, finished version feels like bits have been tacked on for the hell of it. I like the whistling but it should really show up in some form earlier in the track.

Hey x3 - Stupid lyrics (Faberge eggs are not fragile). I like the flow of the verses but the chorus is weak.

Roulette - Most instant track. I like synths, I like military drum rolls and the 1st chorus to 2nd Verse transition is mighty satisfying.

Deja Vu - Mildly catchy chorus, inoffensive, that's about it.

Power - Instaskip. I like a dirty drum loop but this ones horrific. Addition of sax is gross. Don't get the love for it. The guardian reviewer calling it Roar via Bruno Mars is really quite offensive to Bruno.

Mind Maze - Another skip. Screams filler.

Miss you more - Boring ballad but again, inoffensive.

Tsunami - Chill track, I like atmospherics and synth. Hate the way she sings 'scared'.

Bigger Than Me - Undecided, I think it will grow. Has potential anyway.

Save as Draft - Best of a bad bunch of ballads. Breathy Perry. Love an uplifting middle 8.

Pendulum - This will grow but atm it's above average filler.

Into Me You See - Boring, no one cares.

Whew, the number of tracks I skipped on this album.

She came with Roulette and the singles I guess. Mind Maze is quintessentially Purity Ring feat. Katy Perry and so is the best track for me. Bigger Than Me is a bop. Ultimately, Purity Ring won. Overall it's

gtUe0hL.gif

Let me listen to a Taylor album instead!

Aguila

#ICONIC
omg, i went to go check the Witness previews on iTunes and it said I had already purchased it. I didn't realize I had preordered it. A MESS. It better be good...

Vazduh

WitMESS is not good enough (the lyrics can be truly cringy and there's too much filler), but I'd lie if I said I didn't have fun listening to it.

Snake is a bitch for this:

PmVnlgO.png

She also discounted her whole discography on iTunes.

Katy to Taydolf:

tumblr_mkfijf2OLJ1ql5yr7o1_r2_500.gif

Hitlor's reaction:
tumblr_lq4xkiXyJc1qgohcjo2_400.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can you feel the warmth? Yeah
As my kiss goes down you like some sweet alcohol
Where I'm coming from, yeah
It's the darker side of me that makes you feel so numb

Cause we're hot like hell
Does it burn when I'm not there?
When you're by yourself
Am I the answer to your prayers
I'm giving you that pleasure heaven
And I'll give it to you

Hotter than hell
Hotter than hell
dWdZD_s-200x150.gif

WitMESS is not good enough (the lyrics can be truly cringy and there's too much filler), but I'd lie if I said I didn't have fun listening to it.

Snake is a bitch for this:

PmVnlgO.png

She also discounted her whole discography on iTunes.

Katy to Taydolf:

tumblr_mkfijf2OLJ1ql5yr7o1_r2_500.gif

Hitlor's reaction:
tumblr_lq4xkiXyJc1qgohcjo2_400.gif

Screaming at this post!

0BrmMrX.gif

Channeling the good sis Little Monster in his absence!

Frodo

Witness is okay.

The ballads didn't actually need to be there, the choice of singles is weird, lyrics are questionable at best, but it is not offensive. The marketing campaign did more harm than good. Overall I feel it is, at least, a more consistent effort than her previous works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom