• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

That's ironic, considering Xtincta is oddly reminiscent of Hatchetface.

w6J6E.jpg

AyJWb.gif

some words of advice to make your attempts at shading Christina seem less pathetic, try using actual pics of her.

jhwB3.jpg

Icicle

I have a CHALLENGE to SPICE THINGS UP or POPGAF maybe since this thread is full of nothign but shade at this point ;_;

ALL OF YOU could nominate ONE ALBUM from UR FAVE for me to LISTEN IN FULL to and REVIEW.

I will do it as quickly as possible and will be HONEST, OPEN and SUBJECTIVE.

the things I'll do ;_;

tumblr_lie1dv8PlH1qa9etdo1_cover.jpg

Kyon

Banned
I'm confused. WHY do Xtina stans think the only ones coming for them is Britney stans?
Cyno already called Mari a Brit stan and in that other britney thread roy thought some other dude was a brit stan coming for her...... like.........
okIAQ.gif

royalan

Good lord, that was awful shade then. Proactiv doesn't even use black and white.
okIAQ.gif

And yet it was enough to have you pressedt over not one, but TWO of your faves. That shade did double-time, in my book.
bhuHH.gif

Sure, hun. She even sounds like Xtincta.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OR4CD.jpg

bhuHH.gif

hmmm...

Starts this latest stan war over claims that I'm deflecting shade at Gaga over looks...

Later throws tired shade at Xtina's vocals...

Wasn't someone just saying something about de-flec-tion?
okIAQ.gif

I'm confused. WHY do Xtina stans think the only ones coming for them is Britney stans?
Cyno already called Mari a Brit stan and in that other britney thread roy thought some other dude was a brit stan coming for her...... like.........
okIAQ.gif

To be fair, I didn't think that guy was a Brit stan. But he attempted to drag Xtina's parenting in a Britney thread while in defense of Britney. And thus I scalped him using receipts of Britney's poor parenting skills as my blade.

It's not like I ever confuse Mumei for a Britney stan whenever he comes for Xtina's wig.

Kyon

Banned
To be fair, I didn't think that guy was a Brit stan. But he attempted to drag Xtina's parenting in a Britney thread while in defense of Britney. And thus I scalped him using receipts of Britney's poor parenting skills as my blade.

It's not like I ever confuse Mumei for a Britney stan whenever he comes for Xtina's wig.

Right lol idt B-Dex is a Brit stan tho. It's mostly Cyno that confuses me tho.. he only comes for Britney even when she's not that person's fave tho. Idk

Koodo

Banned
Starts this latest stan war over claims that I'm deflecting shade at Gaga over looks...
k1qIl.gif

Pretty sure we started this for another reason.

Later throws tired shade at Xtina's vocals...

Wasn't someone just saying something about de-flec-tion?
okIAQ.gif
But comments about Gaga looking like an extra from TPUTS were a deflection, so is the Hatchetface a deflection of a deflection?
okIAQ.gif

And hun, you really can't deny the similarities. *.*

7VIK7.png

royalan

Pretty sure we started this for another reason.

Incorrect. I made a comment about Xtina looking flawless on that cover. You then threw shade at that opinion, and even reiterated your assertion that Xtina's cover was hideous in several posts since, despite my attempt to steer you back to my original point.

But comments about Gaga looking like an extra from TPUTS were a deflection, so is the Hatchetface a deflection of a deflection?
okIAQ.gif

But sis that's not an example of deflection - unless you really believe that my mentioning of TPUTS was an invitation to discuss that film, and not as a reference to emphasize how just how butt-ugly Lady Gaga is.

And hun, you really can't deny the similarities. *.*

7VIK7.png

I can, tho. All I see is Cyndi Lauper in these pictures. :/

Artemisia

Banned
so after looking at my itunes and seeing body talk I decided to listen to it again

;_;

;______;

it's so beautiful

why do our faves even try? what a blessed compilation of dance/pop music.

Nemesis_

so after looking at my itunes and seeing body talk I decided to listen to it again

;_;

;______;

it's so beautiful

why do our faves even try? what a blessed compilation of dance/pop music.

I've still yet to listen to the EPs themselves. But yes, you are correct. BLESS POPGAF for introducing me to ha

Koodo

Banned
Incorrect. I made a comment about Xtina looking flawless on that cover. You then threw shade at that opinion, and even reiterated your assertion that Xtina's cover was hideous in several posts since, despite my attempt to steer you back to my original point.
That GIF was not the start though, as the post was largely a receipt check of Gaga's magazine track record. Claims of deflection weren't the basis for this ENTERTAINMENT.

But sis that's not an example of deflection - unless you really believe that my mentioning of TPUTS was an invitation to discuss that film, and not as a reference to emphasize how just how butt-ugly Lady Gaga is.
Then how is pointing out Hatchetface a deflection?

ijd2aXqx7R5W.gif

This is what I consider a deflection.

I can, tho. All I see is Cyndi Lauper in these pictures. :/
And Cyndi Lauper bears a resemblance to Xtincta as well.
bhuHH.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Not my fault that MIA's gotten creatively desperate since her last album went triple smegma on the charts amongst wide-scale criticism that she's sold out. :/

At her worst she is far more creative than Xtincta or any of her team have ever been or will be. Also if /\/\ /\ Y /\ went triple smegma then I can't even fathom what kind of foul adjective would be appropriate to describe Bionic's success.

Sold out? Sold out to what? To commercial standards? None of her recent work would ever be viable on mainsteam radio.

royalan

That GIF was not the start though, as the post was largely a receipt check of Gaga's magazine track record. Claims of deflection weren't the basis for this ENTERTAINMENT.

And yet you made the claim. Multiple times in fact. I just find it funny that, when I clock you for reinacting your own criticism, that's when you want to get back to what we were originally talking about. Technically, that's an example of a deflection...of a deflection. lol, this is becoming increasingly ridiculous.

Then how is pointing out Hatchetface a deflection?

ijd2aXqx7R5W.gif

You made a joke about Xtina's vocals. That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're sparing over.

botty

Banned
At her worst she is far more creative than Xtincta or any of her team have ever been or will be. Also if /\/\ /\ Y /\ went triple smegma then I can't even fathom what kind of foul adjective would be appropriate to describe Bionic's success.

Sold out? Sold out to what? To commercial standards? None of her recent work would ever be viable on mainsteam radio.

At least she had that one song, that one time.

ibpH0MZN0MsIF7.gif

royalan

Eh, I'm a fan of MIA as much as the next person (she did produce one of my favorite songs on Bionic, after all), but that doesn't make me deaf to the validity held in claims that MIA's run out of truly provocative things to say since she's exhausted her history of growing up the daughter of a Sri Lankan revolutionary, and now she chases controversy to mask the fact that her own well has long-since run dry. This, of course, coincides with her becoming increasingly more commercial (or atleast attempting to), and allowing herself to work with and be outshined by Nicki Minaj on a Madonna song.

Koodo

Banned
And yet you made the claim. Multiple times in fact. I just find it funny that, when I clock you for reinacting your own criticism, that's when you want to get back to what we were originally talking about. Technically, that's an example of a deflection...of a deflection.
But you said this argument started from a claim of deflection. It did not, so I don't understand where we're ending up now.

ijd2aXqx7R5W.gif

You made a joke about Xtina's vocals. That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're sparing over.
Merely an extension to the argument that Xtincta is Hatchetface's extra and not meant as a deviation into her vocal ability. I think you're reaching, hun.

lol, this is becoming increasingly ridiculous.
Tell me about it.

ijd2aXqx7R5W.gif

Cynosure

Artemisia said:
Also if /\/\ /\ Y /\ went triple smegma then I can't even fathom what kind of foul adjective would be appropriate to describe Bionic's success

Bionic sold 300k+

Did M.I.A's 3 albums combined even sell more than 3 copies?

iTPRj2vF447EY.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Eh, I'm a fan of MIA as much as the next person (she did produce one of my favorite songs on Bionic, after all), but that doesn't make me deaf to the validity held in claims that MIA's run out of truly provocative things to say since she's exhausted her history of growing up the daughter of a Sri Lankan revolutionary, and now she chases controversy to mask the fact that her own well has long-since run dry. This, of course, coincides with her becoming increasingly more commercial (or atleast attempting to), and allowing herself to work with and be outshined by Nicki Minaj on a Madonna song.

First point is fair. She can't talk about the same shit over and over.

What has she really done though that was truly controversial? The Born Free video was, but so were other videos in her past. I can only really think of the superbowl fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom