• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah she only has to show her boob, ass, and vagina to make headlines

btw how is MDNA doing, is it charting?
iJaq59XhX66u1.gif

Didn't the MDNA Tour just pull $50 mil off of 14 dates?

Mau ®

It really sucks she aint going to Aus. She's been teasing a return there for the last 3-4 tours.

And the live nation excuse is SHIT. I dont think Nicki Minaj's tours are competition for Madonna. Like at all. And Coldplay and Red Hot Chilli Peppers audiences are not even Madge's target demo.

Basically I feel it's down to negotiations where either the promoter or the venue wanted more slice and it just fell off. Or she just doesnt wanna go. LOL LOL LOL.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
It really sucks she aint going to Aus. She's been teasing a return there for the last 3-4 tours.

And the live nation excuse is SHIT. I dont think Nicki Minaj's tours are competition for Madonna. Like at all. And Coldplay and Red Hot Chilli Peppers audiences are not even Madge's target demo.

Basically I feel it's down to negotiations where either the promoter or the venue wanted more slice and it just fell off. Or she just doesnt wanna go. LOL LOL LOL.
Who knows. Disappointing, as I've never seen her live and thought this might be a good opportunity.. And yeah the excuses are terrible. Sounds like it was a pretty sudden decision.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
What was the officially provided excuse?

I don't think there's been one yet except 'We don't have anything to officially un-announce.' Weird. There was this, but sounds totally made up or exaggerated :
Madonna has scrapped her plans for an Aussie leg of her worldwide MDNA tour.

Stadiums in Sydney and Melbourne had already been booked in January and February. But the Aussie promoter Live Nation got a call last night to confirm that "Madonna had a change of heart".

Nemesis_

Let's not pretend that the MDNA tour is grossing on the strength of that flop album either.

Precisely.

swBi8.gif

People would have no issue paying though, surely.

I meant in terms of it outgrossing the BTWB. Even though BTWB has taken HOW LONG to gross that much? If we were to extrapolate, it's obvious who will win.

iJYtN.gif

Though I don't hate Madonna I think this is a bit shit of her. It's been TWENTY YEARS.

Koodo

Banned
Madonna could probably charge whatever she wanted in Australia after the extensive wait; she could even cite the transportation costs as a reason for a price hike.

What's odd is how much she teases a return and then cancels it out of the blue. Why even bother riling up that poor isolated continent if she's not sure it's even going to happen; especially doing so three (or more?) times in a row.

Nemesis_

She did it with Confessions and Stick and Sweet.

Confessions reason was because she needed to get back home for her children.
Sticky and Sweet was because of the GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS #hmm

I agree it's not fair, especially to her more DIE HARD fans to announce that she's coming "after a long wait" AGAIN and then cancel it again. Even more disgusting if she'd booked the stadiums and then decided to pull out.

It's just a really shit move on her part - maybe because it was the end of the tour she decided she was getting too tired already? What else could be a PLAUSIBLE REASON tbh

Though I don't hate Madonna I think this is a bit shit of her. It's been TWENTY YEARS.
She did it with Confessions and Stick and Sweet.

Confessions reason was because she needed to get back home for her children.
Sticky and Sweet was because of the GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS #hmm

I agree it's not fair, especially to her more DIE HARD fans to announce that she's coming "after a long wait" AGAIN and then cancel it again. Even more disgusting if she'd booked the stadiums and then decided to pull out.

It's just a really shit move on her part - maybe because it was the end of the tour she decided she was getting too tired already? What else could be a PLAUSIBLE REASON tbh
iShh0KTwswvpC.gif

Icicle

Could Janet get a career today?
No.

Sit your ass down, Acataphasia.

iPPHtaPoMYnsk.gif

It seems us Pop-GAF elders made an EGREGIOUS mistake when creating a fun and welcoming environment in this thread, as it has given LESSOR FLOP posters the impression then can try coming for anyone they damn well PLEASE. It's time to start disciplining those who don't know their PLACE.

iM70D03PJlMoq.gif

Janet's career is the best it's been in over a decade. Her top-grossing WORLDWIDE tour of her NUMBER ONE HITS will be resuming in the fall, due to UNPRECEDENTED demand. (Unlike some lesswhores she gets compared to, Janet WILL be gracing Australia with her presence). Meanwhile, Janet has been everywhere flaunting off her amazing body, a success story that has garnered NATIONAL attention. She's making a ton of money from her deal with Nutrisystem, and she teamed up with the company to create Nutribank, which provided $10 million in food to the poor this year. She's also been the face of the ultimate luxury brand, Blackglama, because NOBODY ELSE exudes as much CLASS as Miss Jackson herself. Last year, Janet released her first book, entitled "True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself", which was a NYT best seller.

ibrj4NQPcNQP2V.gif

Janet also recently starred in two movies, "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and "For Colored Girls", both of which saw her receiving great praise for her acting chops. Janet's Box Office Bankability prompted Lionsgate to secure a deal with her in which she would produce three movies for them. Recently, Janet announced the first movie will be a documentary, titled "Truth", about transgendered people in various parts of the world and their struggle for equality. More recently, Janet revealed that she has started the planning process for her next album, the eagerly anticipated follow-up to Discipline (2008). Finally, this summer, she will marry the man whose picture/bank account got you RULL MAD.

iVQVsnDOBawqG.gif

As always, you can STAY #PRESSEDT, because NONE of your faves will EVER be a LEGENDARY, MULTI-TALENTED, AWARD-WINNING, RECORD-HOLDING, WORLD FAMOUS QUEEN.

iAFEyKfqVrbCp.gif

Mau ®

She's probably over MDNA as a whole. Much like the entire global population.

Is the tour even any good? I have yet to hear something positive or negative about it. It looks good in pictures imo.

Nemesis_

She's probably over MDNA as a whole. Much like the entire global population.

Is the tour even any good? I have yet to hear something positive or negative about it. It looks good in pictures imo.

The general ideas I am getting is the production is good but Madge doesn't connect with the audience that well. She just PERFORMS and then LEAVES.

6LXb8.gif

Also lol HEW is checking for Janet anymore.

oH7he.gif

Mau ®

Icicle is a master in stanning. When I read his essays, he makes me BELIEVE Janet is relevant.

I snap out of that hypnosis pretty soon tho. Still. Pretty good tbh.

Mumei

Icicle is a master in stanning. When I read his essays, he makes me BELIEVE Janet is relevant.

I snap out of that hypnosis pretty soon tho. Still. Pretty good tbh.

You know, I have the same experience. What's that thing that Steve Jobs was supposed to have? The reality distortion field or something?

Icicle has that effect in his posts on Janet. He makes you believe the craziest things, if only while you're reading it.

Edit: Oh, and props for Acataphasia. That was excellent.

Kyon

Banned
As long as the song is in the album I dont care

btw people are hearing the demo and I can feel the bandwagoners packing their bags ready to jump back in with this song
iUh7k8hcx5yW9.gif

But aren't they too busy being "long time stans" of Frank Ocean?

ifpr4Gop6Rswl.gif

botty

Banned
As long as the song is in the album I dont care

btw people are hearing the demo and I can feel the bandwagoners packing their bags ready to jump back in with this song
iUh7k8hcx5yW9.gif

If Gaga wants to start making good music again; FAME ERA type music, I will jump back on.

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom