• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

I always liked the blue haired one with the bubble attacks, but my mom made me stop watching it because she was afraid of seizures u_u

You mean..

tumblr_l9808f5VVb1qdtj3jo1_400.gif

Commonly known as the useless one because the bubble attack didn't do shit offensively lol. She's still known as the useless one despite the fact that her later attacks owned.

Icicle

Today is the 11th anniversary of one of the best albums of ALL-TIME

jvEJCrH7lio24.jpg

Pay tribute to the Princess of R&B/Urban Pop who will live on our in hearts forever. Post your fave videos of hers, from Aaliyah or otherwise (next month is the anniversary of her death as well), so that OT2 may be blessed by a true angel.

"I Care 4 U" - Aaliyah

royalan

SHIT - Why does all the music leak while I'm at work???

INDUSTRY PEOPLE: No leaking music between the hours of 2 and 11, with the exception of Wednesday and Thursday.kthx

Trigger

http://i.minus.com/jvEJCrH7lio24.jpg[/IG]

Pay tribute to the Princess of R&B/Urban Pop who will live on our in hearts forever. Post your fave videos of hers, from Aaliyah or otherwise (next month is the anniversary of her death as well), so that OT2 may be blessed by a true angel.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntjzpCebIU&hd=1"]"I Care 4 U" - Aaliyah[/URL][/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eoPRWVpaME]No contest which song I prefer.[/url] This [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oAeoOcpUS4]video[/url] still slays me as well.

Majmun

jvEJCrH7lio24.jpg

"I Care 4 U" - Aaliyah

I love her so much. That is indeed one of the better rnb's albums out there. I care 4 U is one of my favorite songs ever.

I was such a huge fan of her. And I still am. Her passing is so tragic. Rock the Boat video still make me feel so morbid.
She died on the plane back home. It's the last footage coming from her and it's shot a couple of HOURS before her death basically. Creepy.

Still got lots of love for her. Won't forget.

The ANIMORPHS are hilarious. Loving the Bee one <3

Icicle

Why must you have impeccable taste?

Seconded, tbh.

As for my favorite song/video that's not on 'Aaliyah', it's gotta be "Try Again". First song to ever reach Number 1 based solely on airplay, and absolutely one of my favorite songs of all time.

"Try Again" - Aaliyah

P.S. Marius, I've been wondering, your name wouldn't happen to come from one of the characters from Queen of the Damned, would it?

Majmun

I remember having a fight with my brother over Aaliyah. We were in the living room, watching mtv.
And then the More than a Woman video came up. I asked him to turn the volume up. But the bastard SKIPPED the channel and didn't want to go back. I was pissed, basically lost it and attacked him.
Don't remember how the fight went. All I know is that I lost because he's older than me.

So consider this a warning. If I ever DJ in the POP-Gaf room. Don't even consider MEH-ing my track. It will turn ugly.

ibxH7zc2876Le3.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I remember having a fight with my brother over Aaliyah. We were in the living room, watching mtv.
And then the More than a Woman video came up. I asked him to turn the volume up. But the bastard SKIPPED the channel and didn't want to go back. I was pissed, basically lost it and attacked him.
Don't remember how the fight went. All I know is that I lost because he's older than me.

So consider this a warning. If I ever DJ in the POP-Gaf room. Don't even consider MEH-ing my track. It will turn ugly.

ibxH7zc2876Le3.gif

4 people in the 'Music is Fun' DJ room MEH'd "Rock the Boat".

I let my turn finish up and promptly left and never returned. Can't deal with people who don't understand greatness.

Koodo

Banned
Good afternoon, gerls.

He's so cute. *.*

That being said, TDKR and Avengers remain unbothered with Tom Hardy, Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans.

I like Pound The Alarm actually. But radio is not picking it up and its not breaking the itunes 100 despite good promo so far.
What a fitting song title for a WANING CAREER.

110.jpg

Hew wouldn't?
They call him the PIQUETON for a reason; must be a FULFILLING man.

Bless Godkira.

Entered the thread and I'm seeing Shakira being discussed. Who the fuck in here hates Shakira? I'm ready to smack a #hoe
Just a pile of obscenities keen on living a REVOLTING EXISTENCE. I'll keep them in my PRAYERS.

Shakira does have some good songs.
SOME? I guess that word denotes something larger than SCARCE, much like YOUR FAVE.

Gross. Besides RedOne. Sigh, flop incoming. Oh well, Sale el Sol was flawless so i suppose it's only natural to follow up with a flop album aimed at the American audience.
Fitting for that audience, judging by the current crop of songs burning up the charts.

My faves remain Donde Estan Los Ladrones? and Fijación Oral Vol. 2. Lyrical and melodic masterpieces; they sound fresh to this day, the former especially. Sale El Sol had a bit too much reggaeton influences for me, but it's a bigger accomplishment than most of the jokes the Sesame Street artists release.

And to think Saint Barranquilla has been in the game for over 20 years. What kind of longevity?

King of Tennis.
An Xtincta stan misusing royalty terms, NON-SHOCK.

c1ITl.jpg

Paulina Rubio stanning?

LMFAO

#Mess
Disgusting.

ibwjXFMG9xcdW6.gif

Those songs are excellent. :O
Album comes out on August 20th. Stay #aWARE.

iepQnW6ex9b67.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have been listening to Robyn all day.

Even though I mostly don't have time for her pre-2005 stuff, Keep This Fire Burning is bereft of flaws.

Koodo

Banned
Russell Brand calls out La Perra:

Showbizspy said:
“Russell was bantering with the audience, in particular a couple called Curtis and Katy,” a source said.

“He got onto the subject of their sex life. Katy was giving as good as she got.

“Then, all of a sudden Russell shouted: ‘Anyway, enough of you. I’ve had enough ass-ache from people called Katy in the last year.’

“It was obvious he meant Katy Perry. The whole room gasped. I think it took a couple of seconds for what he’d said to sink in.

“He then laughed and shouted: ‘Oh no, there might be a journalist in the room.’ He shrugged his shoulders and murmured: ‘Oh well,’ before moving onto his next subject.”
Source

lol

royalan

gross

she's been nothing but respectful to him

I never thought i'd actually be defending katy

LOL - No she hasn't.

She hasn't resorted to name-calling, but she's done everything else to paint Russell as the thoughtless, careless, absent lover while portraying herself as the innoce, naive one who just oh-so-badly wanted it to work.

Granted, maybe that's a fitting description of Russell (I beg it is). But still, let's have no pretense of Katy being respectful or private. She's been passive-aggressively dragging him for the last year.

Koodo

Banned
Parading around the divorce for cheap publicity is on a different orbit than respect.

Brand, on the other hand, has remained silent about the matter except for this one small quip in a show.

Edit: beat-en.

royalan

Parading around the divorce for cheap publicity is on a different orbit than respect.

Brand, on the other hand, has remained silent about the matter except for this one small quip in a show.

Edit: beat-en.

She also made two hit songs off of the divorce.

And didn't "Part of Me" come out RIGHT AROUND the time the divorce was announced?

Thought it was #SUSPECT then and I think it's #SUSPECT now. Disgusting.

Koodo

Banned
m2YLO.jpg

CNN said:
During the fourth hour of NBC's morning show on Monday, co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford were talking with E! correspondent Jason Kennedy about Aretha Franklin wanting to be a judge on "American Idol," a story which CNN first reported.

Gifford emphatically said today's generation of music lovers don't know who the 18-time Grammy Award winner is.

"If they are looking for a younger demographic, there are a lot of kids out there (who) actually don't know who Aretha Franklin is. It's sad, but they don't," Gifford said.

Then, Kennedy poured more cold water on the idea of Franklin doing the show, saying she doesn't like to fly and that will make it hard for her to travel across the country for auditions.

"She does not fly. She needs to get over that (doing 'Idol')," he said

A few hours later, Franklin responded in an e-mail, exclusively obtained by CNN. In it, she set the record -- and her critics at "Today" -- straight.

"While I enjoy Kathie Lee and Hoda daily, her assessment is totally wrong!" Franklin wrote.

"I've been to California from Detroit four times this year and Florida. I go wherever I choose to go comfortably on my custom bus.

"Further, my audience and fans span the age of 8 to 90! And are multi-ethnic, and I am very well known to young adults, tweens and teens. Their parents play my music and I take care of my business whenever I sign on the dotted line!

"I'm surprised Kathie Lee did not research my worldwide celebrity audience! She's usually right on top of things with a great sense of humor, but she's totally wrong this time. She should research me before she speaks about me. I'm sure she thought she was right; still enjoy Hoda and Kathie Lee!"
Source

Don't mess with Hateretha.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

jvEJCrH7lio24.jpg

"I Care 4 U" - Aaliyah
Great album - her smooth voice and that electronic production! More Than A Woman is great and I love We Need a Resolution. Extra Smooth has become one of my favourites. Year of some Timbaland wizardry - Miss E was awesome too.

royalan

Aretha is right. Everyone knows who she is. She is a legend in this game. It would be like not knowing who Elvis is. You may not have intimate knowledge of the music but you know THEM.

Then again, Kathy Lee been done exposed herself as a stupid hoe, so this is not surprising from her.

Also, Hateretha would be a Great judge, not just because of her talent and experience, but because she's also not afraid to be mean.

"Beyoncé HEW?"

She would chop and serve those contestants.

Artemisia

Banned
Yeah, but Adam didn't come out on his own volition.

During AI, pictures of him with other men were leaked so his sexuality was sort of an open secret.

Trigger

Adam's first CD was terrible (except for a select number of songs). His sexuality wasn't much of a factor.

I'm glad that using your sexual orientation for promo pays off

http://i.minus.com/ifpr4Gop6Rswl.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=deathubjxng86j4.gif][img]http://www.abload.de/img/deathubjxng86j4.gif[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom