• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Pressed lessers upset at our vastly superior British fashion, I see.
Px34d.jpg

royalan

Honestly, I'm afraid and PRAYING that every time Icicle posts it isn't in response to one of my posts. Icicle be coming with that PLATINUM SHADE.

The inaudibility is not Madonna's fault, but it's compounded by her choice of material. When she performs Vogue or Express Yourself – the latter interpolated with a burst of Lady Gaga's Born This Way that you might mistake as a respectful nod until she follows it by singing "she's not me, she's not me" while exposing her left buttock to the crowd – the sheer power of the song manages to transcend the weediness of the sound. But the show is bullishly heavy on the recent, and decidedly so-so, MDNA: its tracks make up nearly half the set. In addition, the hits that do turn up have frequently been faffed about with in a way that speaks less of brilliant reinvention than an innate misunderstanding of what their original strengths were. She performs Like a Virgin as an agonisingly slow torch ballad. As she sings it, a man appears behind her and starts yanking at the laces of her corset as if trying to pull her offstage, giving rise to the fear that he's a representative of Westminster Council's environmental health department, taking residents' complaints about noise into his own hands.

Not only is this BEAUTIFUL shade, it's true. I thought the MDNA Tour rendition of "Like A Virgin" was the worst she's ever done. Gurl, you're singing "Like a Virgin", not the finale of Madama Butterfly.

This version remains the DEFINITIVE live tour version.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly, I'm afraid and PRAYING that every time Icicle posts it isn't in response to one of my posts. Icicle be coming with that PLATINUM SHADE.

Icicles anger scales inversely with Janet's relevance. By this rate she'll be mailing people dog turds by the end of the year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
From a Guardian review of Janet from last year:

You can see why Janet Jackson has taken to performing a live show entirely comprised of her hits. It's not only good business, but it serves to remind everyone how imperial her command of R&B once seemed. Her profile in the last decade has dipped dramatically, the public apparently tiring of her latterday lyrical obsession with sex: understandably so, given that, at one unhappy juncture, it led her to record a track called Warmth, which took as its topic – and there's no polite way to say this – wanking someone off in a car.

#death

ghstwrld

Damn, they snatched her wig so hard, she has alopecia. I thought the Guardian was a shit paper!?! Times must be really rough if even basics can read you.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Damn, they snatched her wig so hard, she has alopecia. I thought the Guardian was a shit paper!?! Times must be really rough if even basics can read you.
The Guardian is probably the best newspaper in the UK.

and one of the best in the world

royalan

Every YT video posted in the last month

Yep, you can tell it's an election year. I can't even look at a damn SWEET BROWN video without suffering through a minute of BS political posturing. >_>

Nemesis_

It's cute when she gets drunk on Twitter. We might even get some new reveals.

Did White Shadow work on NOTHING ON BUT THE RADIO?

Mau ®

Also this, for ITZ:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/17/rihanna-evolution-style-icon?INTCMP=SRCH

#icon

She's designing a fashion range.

When will your fave?

I LOVED this article. RihALLAH truly is a fashion icon. I like that her style is quite affordable tbh.

Her We Found Love look inspired me to start wearing FLANNEL shirts. Inspiring the #Navy at every turn *.*

Also, Icicle dear I honestly didnt bother reading your essay. Less is more hun. Next time keep it 140 characters long, k?

Christopher

Rihanna looks dirty most of the time...not like sexy dirty but like take a shower dirty...I wonder what this fashion line will have.

Nemesis_

It's really not a song I enjoy nor is it one I can see her getting mainstream success with.

People need to stop singing about radios tbh.

ibr1N9CeMLimpc.gif

Nemesis_

I swear her voice sounds like a parody of herself in that song. She sounds SO MUCH MORE NASALLY.

But I definitely like this better than Big Hoops, but it also feels a bit cheesy during the refrain. ;_;

The Lyrics Video was much more inspiring than this official video, tbh

Majmun

Are those Hag vocals for real? Fuckin lol. How disastrous sounding.

^

I demand more real pic avatars from you.

Well, it was fun. But I think it's enough. Also received some...weird...PM's from hew's lol. Back to incognito mode.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

royalan

Should have been the first single, tbh.

A much better song than I thought her capable of in the PRESSED MESS that is her post-2006 career.

My only criticism is that at points her shrill tone, which I usually love in uptempos, comes off a bit grating. But still, great song, and the video is classic Nelly Furtado in all her Canadian-ness.

Mau ®

Today's biggest airplay updates

5. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 132.573 (+ 2.591)
6. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 118.823 (+ 2.479)
7. USHER - Scream: 112.577 (+ 1.189
PINK - Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 52.603 (+ 2.097)
FLO RIDA - Whistle: 42.273 (+ 2.079)
GREEN DAY - Oh Love: 8.355 (+ 1.913)
NO DOUBT - Settle Down: 8.236 (+ 2.721) (biggest update)

And biggest decreases

10. NICKI MINAJ - Starships: 84.827 (- 1.682)
2. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 177.982 (- 1.324)
8. FUN. - We Are Young f/Janelle Monae: 90.245 (- 1.217)

Majmun

Creepy. It's much less weird when I say it to your face.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

I don't mind the majority of the pm's. It's harmless fun. Especially when they're coming from the POP-Gaf crew. I might even oblige when I'm in the mood.

But hew's with who I never exchange a word with can be creepy and don't get the word "NO". Won't mention any names.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

But on to more pressing matters..

The new Nelly Furtado track is amazing. Her album is high on my most wanted list. Loved everthing I've heard so far. Big Hoops was quite a flop, though. Too bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom