• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
a wild Blue Ivy appears

ifpr4Gop6Rswl.gif
jbnldJ5b6E3Wwr.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
a wild Blue Ivy appears

https://p.twimg.com/AyGalFECAAA9vNB.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ugly baby, tbh. She was cute as an infant, not so cute anymore. Seems like Jay's genes are winning over.

[quote="Artemisia, post: 40021562"]Channel Orange holds a 92 rating on metacritic

what kind of universal acclaim[/QUOTE]

Channel Orange is amazing. The fact that it's not in the OP of this thread while the flop Marina's album is, is worrying.

#SweetLife

Mau ®

ITZ and Godel, its hilarious y'all not saying ANYTHING is a sign of how much you were DRAGGED. I expected more from you two tbh. You two have had better DAYS.
Show us what you got gurls I know you can do it.

lol

I wasnt lying when I said I didn't read his reply directed at me. And tbh I think I'm #winning the moment I make you so pressed you take your sweet time making a fucking essay out of a one line post of mine.

botty

Banned
Just found out Bey & Blue were in my city, New York City, when they took that pic.

The royal blue visiting her daddy's kingdom.

tumblr_m6szipLmVw1rxpbdvo1_500.gif

Lady Gaga briefly spoke to her adoring cult members regarding the tone of her upcoming record.

“I feel like when I wrote Born This Way, I demonstrated a sense of maturity,” the Illuminati High Priestess explained of the album about highway unicorns, ear condoms and human motorcycles.

“I feel that on the next album, there’s a lack of maturity. A tremendous lack of maturity or sense of responsibility,” she giggled to the panicked yelps of the crowd. Just as the sentence rolled off her Satan-blessed tongue, several Little Monsters immediately began administering prison-style tattoos of the words “Immature This Way” onto their chests and smearing lamb’s blood over their foreheads, all hoping to be one of the lucky few selected for the slaughtering at the end of “Americano.”
tumblr_m1g205GQ411rq4vg0o1_400.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why did you leave the best part out?

Deep in the recesses of the arena, Legendtina peered out from the pouch of a kangaroo with a notepad in hand as Gaga continued to yodel out “Princess Die.” “Immature,” she murmured to herself, tapping her Bionic promotional pen against her blood red lips while frantically re-reading her upcoming single’s title on the sheet: “Love Your Body.”

“Love your body,” she whispered to herself. And then, a strike of genius: “Don’t,” she quickly scribbled in front. She looked down at the new title and smirked. “Don’t Love Your Body.” How deliciously immature and irresponsible. A shrill, blood-curdling cackle rang out through the arena.

Victory shall be mine, Legendtina thought to herself. Soon.

tumblr_m6szipLmVw1rxpbdvo1_500.gif

The new The Very Best album is out.

mYpY9.jpg

I haven't heard any of their previous work, but this album pretty fun! Here are some quotes from a review that explains the album better than I can:

NME said:
But instead of all the to-ing and fro-ing between continents, all that producers Johan Hugo (Swedish) and Etienne Tron (French) – aka Radioclit – and Malawian singer Esau Mwamwaya had to do was meet in the multi-ethnic neighbourhood of Hackney, anchor down in the cultural spice-route of London and set up shop as a high-tech nexus for Afro-Western fusion. Add the internet and hipsterism’s boner for combining African roots music with cutting-edge western production, and BINGO.

They’ve enlisted African heavyweights (star rapper K’naan and producer Mnek) and mega popsters (Bruno Mars and the Mumfords’ Winston Marshall) to make it a world-music event album, and the large-scale end product is like an Afro-futurist, transcontinental world fair that thinks locally but parties globally.

It’s like a beautiful savannah where every other oasis sports its own Starbucks. ‘We OK’ is synthy ringtone pop in the Rihanna vein, while bro-stepper ‘Adani’ isn’t exactly your uplifting sunset-on-the-Serengeti-type stuff. When its gurny techno bit kicks in it’s all ‘fuck nature, let’s dance’. But, all things considered, it’ll take more than a MacBook to dampen what’s always defined Afropop: euphoria.

That's actually from a review where the album is criticized for being overly westernized. I figure that most of us in here wouldn't mind that, though. I'm off to listen to their first album at the moment.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*enters thread*

*sees Beyonce*

oh well try again tomorrow

Artemisia

Banned
something needs to happen tomorrow

like janelle giving us info on her new albums

and I don't want none of that "soon" garbage that gaga dishes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom